• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Finally coming home! A Disneyland PTR

APears

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone! This is my first ever PTR here on the Dis, and I promise I'll do my best!

My name is Amanda and my boyfriend and I are traveling to Los Angeles from Hawaii in September. We both grew up in Southern California (across the street from each other) and were passholders for a few years before our move to Hawaii last year, so this trip will be a mix of visiting family and Disney for our 4th anniversary. We are crazy about Disney, are having massive Disney withdrawals...which is why I'm planning two trips over the next 12 months!

We have visited Disneyland a gagillion times, but this will be our first time staying at the Disneyland Hotel! We'll be there for half the trip.

Here's a gist of our plans so far:

THURS 9/10
  • arrive at LAX 8am
  • Disney evening - paint the night and fireworks
  • hungry bear dinner

FRI 9/11
  • in in out lunch
  • dinner with A's family

SAT 9/12
  • mexican food lunch
  • galaxy game PM

SUN 9/13
  • disney morning
  • beignets at jazz kitchen breakfast
  • group dinner at Rock and Brews

MON 9/14
  • Disney day
  • DLH check in 3PM
  • DCA touring plan
  • Carthay Circle & World of color
TUES 9/15
  • Disney day
  • DL touring plan
  • river belle dining package for Fantasmic
  • trader sams

WED 9/16
  • Disney day
  • cove bar
  • fireworks

THURS 9/17
  • Disney da
  • DLH check out 11am
  • flight 6pm
Of course, all of this can change as the event calendar becomes more clear for Paint the Night, Fireworks, and Fantasmic showings. I'd like to see the fireworks at least twice (if not more) but we will see what happens. We've done the DL touring plan before, but never for DCA. We're not really sure how to go about it just yet. We're both itching to get back to Disneyland and so excited about this!

Hi!

How nice to be able to mix family and Disneyland! It's a win-win! What a nice place to stay too! It's our favorite onsite hotel. We're going to be there 9/13-9/19 ourselves. We're so excited! I look forward to reading all about your plans!

Hi! I'm also interested in reading your plans! We'll be there the week after you and are also waiting on the entertainment schedule to finalize plans.

I'm really hoping that with the 60th, they decide to do fireworks and parade more than just Fri/Sat/Sun... Especially with the Halloween Party being around the time we go. I too want to see them as much as I can, but might be limited to just once :/

Hi!

How nice to be able to mix family and Disneyland! It's a win-win! What a nice place to stay too! It's our favorite onsite hotel. We're going to be there 9/13-9/19 ourselves. We're so excited! I look forward to reading all about your plans!

Thank you! Yes we've only ever stayed at GCH and Paradise Pier, so this will be especially exciting! Oooh yay! I'm hoping the crowds will be lower from the initial 60th excitement by the time our trip(s) roll around!

Hi! I'm also interested in reading your plans! We'll be there the week after you and are also waiting on the entertainment schedule to finalize plans.

I'm really hoping that with the 60th, they decide to do fireworks and parade more than just Fri/Sat/Sun... Especially with the Halloween Party being around the time we go. I too want to see them as much as I can, but might be limited to just once :/

Ahhh I hope they do fireworks every night still because of the 60th! I know it's kind of a long shot, but hopefully with the popularity it will be shown multiple times a week.

I love that your ticker is at 3 months, 3 weeks and 3 days!

Hi all! I thought I'd do a bit about us since I didn't in the first update.

As I mentioned before, Brian and I grew up across the street from each other and have been friends since. We started dating in 2011, and spent much of the beginning of our relationship in the parks.
IMG_0258_zpska8zbcu6.jpg

I am a planner, and Brian is more go-with-the-flow most of the time.
We are both pretty goofy and very competitive...we have too many ongoing bets to count. We also really enjoy lounges as much as spending a day riding attractions.
IMG_0512_zpskojoio88.jpg

Here are some fun facts:

Brian
IMG_0516_zps5stmtede.jpg

Movie: Alice in Wonderland
Supporting Character: Mad Hatter
Land: Fantasyland
Ride: Splash Mountain
Show: World of Color
Snack: Salted Mickey pretzel
Meal: Carthay Circle
Song: "You Can Fly"

Amanda
IMG_0092_zpspatz4oni.jpg

Movie: Beauty and the Beast
Supporting Character: Lottie
Land: Frontierland
Ride: haunted
Show: Remember
Snack: Popcorn
Meal: Carthay Circle
Song: "Tale As Old As Time"

I am heading there on September 2 with my boyfriend and I love hearing about how other people plan their trips so I am going to follow along! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter