Finally booked for November :-)

Helen B

Mouseketeer
I needed to share, we haven't been for 2 years, and tonight I've just booked for the last 2 weeks of November :cool1:

Cashed in some airmiles and flying out in ecomony but back in premium on Virgin, I'm so excited, never flown in premium before. Got a fantastic timeshare swap deal, we like to stop near the 535 crossroads, so we can walk to restaurants.

It's not going to be a Disney based holiday for us, but I'm sure we will visit one or two parks while we're there (DBF loves HS, I love AK,) as we'll be doing the Orlando Flex ticket parks this time. We're also hoping to get down to Tampa and watch a couple of Lightning games, actually our whole holiday is likely to be planned around this, but we don't know the fixtures yet.

So if anyone has any information on what November is like (never been in November before,) weather, attractions, special events etc, it would be greatly appreciated. I am looking forward to the Thanksgiving sales, this is part of the reason we are flying back in premium :lmao:

It's also DBF 40th while we're there, so I will be treating him to a special dinner at Mortons Steakhouse.

So the countdown begins here: 5 months 2 weeks and counting.

sounds wonderful ..... happy planning .....looks like you plan of having a jam packed 2 weeks :thumbsup2

whoohoo..:banana:
November is by far our most fav time of the year..the weather is wonderful, no humidity, no rain (well rarely), holiday decorations starting to go up everywhere...just perfect. We love the sales as well and spend many a day going to both Premium outlet malls, Florida Mall and Mall of Millenia..BLISS.

Personally I just couldn't even contemplate not going to all the Disney Parks around this time and also to the delux hotels to see their trees..its just beautiful.

Luckilly you are allowed two suitcases each on the way back in PE!!!;)

As a previous Po said, great weather in November, you'll just miss the food and wine festival at EPCOT, but you could get tickets to MVMCP. The mornings and late evenings may get a bit chilly so take some warm clothes, no humidity and little rain. Watch out for thanksgiving weekend everywhere will be extremely busy and Restauraunts may get hard to book. The parks will be stupid busy! Have a great time!

Thanks for the info, especially re: restaurants and Thanksgiving, as we tend to eat out all the time (we're on holiday, why should we cook? :))

Will remember some warmer clothes, last thing we want to be is cold in the evenings.

Defintely make time for all the christmassy stuff - well worth visiting the deluxe disney resorts to see their trees and decorations don't miss the GF and the gingerbread house.

Hollywood studios osbourne lights aswell.

MVMCP is a good way to get a disney fix for less - you can enter from 4pm usually on just a party ticket so 4pm til 12 am for $60.

Weather is mixed - we've been twice end of November, once really hot, once more mixed.

Do check the crowds eg touringplans. From memory they went back down to low level the sunday after thanksgiving.

If you are a shopper you will have a fab time.

Celebration also has a 'snowing' nightly event - with fake snow (bubbles!).

Hi Helen we should be there at the same time and have lots of thanksgiving sales planned in. :thumbsup2 DW is into scrapbooking and we will be making the rounds on Black Friday and Saturday.

Buy the Orlando Sentinal on Thursday as it will have alot of sales flyers for the Friday/Saturday.

Last time we were there Walmart were making other companies sales prices. Theere was an item that wasn't in stock at Micheals but Theresa managed to get it for the same price in Walmart, thanks to the flyer, and saved about $50.00

We are staying at the Sheriton Vistana resort which on the 535 so we may even bump into you at some point. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter