Finally back to the Fort

allisophie

Mouseketeer
After several years of not camping at the fort we are BACK :goodvibes

I have booked a preferred site.. hoping our 35 footer w 2 slides travel trailer will fit... They have assured me that it will

.. please assure me it will.. we do not want to be one of those disgruntled grumpy guests who arrive to find we won't fit :furious:

we usually camp in the fall.. middle of Oct so yes, we are fully aware of the heat and humidity.. we do live in Missouri.. where the weather changes on a hourly basis :rolleyes1

See ya real soon :hug:

Trish

You will fit in a preferred site. We have a 33 foot motorhome with 2 slides and have no problem getting into a preferred site. The only problem may be someone across the road with a vehicle in the way, but you can usually get into your site with a little work.
We live across the river from you and we will be at the Fort in October in a preferred site!

I have an old map so we were looking at the loops trying to figure out what one to request.. our old camper was 30 w no slides ..

it's been an adventure trying to get into some of the state parks and national park sites..

Oct is our favorite time of the year.. food n wine festival.. but this year we will be in Talladega.. it's all about compromise :)

nice to meet you neighbor across the river :)

Not much choice with Preferred: If you have a pet you'll be in 300 otherwise

100 or 200 and possibly 300.

Hey Trish,

A couple of years ago we were in the 100 loop with a 36ft 5th wheel with 3 slides. It was a bit of a squeeze getting in but not bad (person across the road had their truck poking out a bit). Once in we were fine, no problem at all. Close to the boats, buses, Trails End........... The comfort station was great (as is normal at the Fort). You will hear the fireworks at night, I would recommend, if you are at your campsite, walk down to the beach to watch.

As far as weather, we are in Florissant and woke up to 4 inches of snow. Last we saw on the weather, they said MAYBE a dusting. Actually we like October down there a lot. Have fun and wave as you go by (we may be down there already but you can wave anyway)

Ken and Sue

So how long HAS it been since your last visit, Trish?

Bama ED

Camping .. 4 maybe 5 years

Last year my daughter was in the college program, we splurged for grand Floridian & poly

We took boat ride over to see the fort .. We missed her :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Bama Ed,

I found an old map.. 2009, we had booked a site but managed to snag free dining so we moved into the Cabins.. so technically the last "camping trip" was in 2008 for MNSSHP.
I understand they did some changes to the sites..ie more blacktop, less sand/shells ...

we now have a 35 ft V lite,with 2 slides.. it's a big change from our 30 ft w out slides..
the husband had requested we take a break from Disney.. so we headed west to Yellowstone... my 11 yr old said. "Hey' they have the same hotel at Disney world!"

.. when I explained that it was modeled after the lodge there she was like oh.." then why can't we stay there?" to which my husband grumbled.. there's other places besides Disney... "but dad, then why does Disney have so many hotels like historical places?"
the man is doomed LOL "ya know like the Grand Floridian? isn't it like a famous hotel in California?" And Saratoga Springs.. isn't that where Aunt Vanessa used to live?.. needless to say she rambled on about all the resorts.. :D and by the time Old faithful shot up into the air.. she looked at us and I said.. shhh sophia.. don't say a word.. it's not the same.. lol

so we give in to the man and we camp at Talladega for the NASCAR race, (in the family section) I was able to visit with some of my old pals from when I lived in Germany as a teenager so it was fun for me, too.. since I am turning the big 50 this year, I told him no parties... i want to camp at the fort and plop by butt on the beach in a chair and watch the fireworks while i par take of some wine, tequila or what ever we have on hand :)

sophia is 13 now, alli is 22, they too are looking forward to going back to the fort.. Staying at the Grand Floridian was really nice.. ( my mom also went along and it was her request to stay there & the Poly) but to us.. a camping and traveling family it was just not the same.. Last year my mom treated us to a Disney cruise.. wow.. what a change that was...

Some of the women i work with are like "you're going back again?!" guess they don't love the mouse like we do and I am so glad these boards are here for us that do..

Ken and Sue.
nice to meet ya :)
snow all gone now.. that didn't last long :)
well we are sticking with the "preferred " we do not have any pets :) well fish..they stay here in St Charles.

we are camping for 4th July off hwy 370 .. yea it's close and we should be able to see fireworks from the area.. it's not Disney..but the husband is happy.. he's camping :)

Trish,

Hey, I'm not so far from 50 myself. ::yes::

I can sympathize with DH and I'm going to cut him some slack. He did a good thing taking everyone to Yellowstone. You can see from my signature we've been to WDW almost every year but we've squeezed in a family trip to Washington DC, Key West, New Orleans (this year), and hopefully the Grand Canyon in the near future.

You mentioned 'Dega. I love watching the supertrack NASCAR races on tv (Daytona and Talladega). With Talladega being so close, I've been to one fall race with customers. I've run a half marathon there at the track (only 2.5 times around the perimeter plus out into the parking lot areas). And the Boy Scouts have camped in the infield for major events (in Turn 3). :cloud9:

It's the camping at the Fort I love the most. We do fewer days now in the theme parks and spend days around the Fort with a trip off property to DTD or other things. But most time is at the Fort.

Have fun and enjoy your stay.

Bama ED

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter