Finally after 27 years

teachallday

Mouseketeer
I just made my reservations for my first trip back to Disney World in 27 years.

:woohoo: :yay: :cool1: :cheer2: :banana: ::MickeyMo

YIKES! what am I doing booking a trip like this in this economy! :eek:

Now comes the hard part, the wait, and trying to get everything figured out and coordinated by the trip.

August trip (oh how I am not looking forward to the hot humid weather - but as a teacher my choices were limited).

Staying at the Contemporary.

7 nights - 8 Disney Days

Disney Dining Plan

2 adults and one 7 year old princess princess:

17.gif

Two more teachers here... apparently we get there the day before you. We'll be at the Polynesian.

See ya on the monorail!!!!

I am so happy for you! I went for my first time last year, am scheduled to go back in December and feel that I am becoming a tad obsessed with planning and thinking about the trip. I hope your family has a wonderful time.

:welcome: and yes I said the same thing, what am I doing booking a trip like this in this economy.........But what the heck its paid for and why not!!

Congratulations and welcome to DISboards. :cheer2: May you have a great time, have fun and enjoy your upcoming trip.

Have a nice and safe trip. :)

Some tips I just posted on another thread:

Do:
-purchase ponchos at your local Walmart or dollar store if you're going in the summer. (Last August it rained almost every day during our trip-- part of that may have been the approach of TS Faye. ) Don't forget a brightly colored poncho or tablecloth and some clothespins for your stroller.

- pre-buy the kids some sort of fannypack or something to hold their stuff. I got the kids fannypacks for about $6 at www.beltoutlet.com (warning: the "kids" fannypacks are TINY! Go up a size if your child is 5 or up.)

- pre-buy or make an autograph book for each of your kids. Ours were $6 at www.laughingplacestore.com Bring along a sharpie.

-Another fan of the meal plan. We were able to enjoy family time together over a dinner table-- it's just not the same with counterservice. And with 2 kids under 10, it was a bargain!!! Where else can you feed your 8 year old for $10 per day, including a restaurant meal???

- I did a photoshare with my sister and my friend. I'm another mom who won't let strangers have pictures of my kids. But we ended up paying only $33 a piece for our CD.

- a real trip saver in August: misters. We got mistymate ones at BJs at 3/$15 last summer. They would have been a bargain at triple the price. We used 2 or 3 at a time for our family of 5, and refilled them at water fountains. They kept all 5 of us comfortable in the sticky August heat.

Don't:
- feel as though you have to buy into everything that everyone here raves about. Many people here hit WDW every year or so. So maybe their kids need something extra to spice it up. For our family at least, an Illuminations cruise, a trip to the Bibbidy bobbity boutique-- those things are unnecessary expenses. Would I take them if offered for free? Sure. But my kids will never miss them

- Please don't feel that any one event or parade or ride is a trip-maker. Be willing to walk away from anything if it will cost your family happiness. Case in point: last year, Spectromagic went on hiatus on day 2 of our trip. So day 1 was our only chance to see it. But the kids were out of bed at 4:30 am to catch the flight. There was no way they could stay awake long enough to make it to Spectro. That's OK-- they never knew what they missed, and neither did we. Seeing that would have been at the cost of 3 cranky kids and 2 cranky adults--- way too high a price.

I love your tips! I'm going for the first time since I was 6. I am now 30. That time didn't really count though as it was just 1 day while we were in Orlando. I got to choose between Magic Kingdom and Epcot. This time I am taking my cousin's daughter who will be turning 6 the day before we arrive. She has a bad life- her mom (my cousin) is just so irresponsible with her and her step-dad is a crack addict.
So this is all for her, although I have become super obsessed!
We are staying 6 nights at the Port Orleans Riverside and we have the dining plan. I also booked us dinner at the castle but she doesn't know that yet. I plan on making an invitation from Cinderella and leaving it in the room one day for her to find when we get back.
For me, just staying on property with the dining plan and eating in the castle will be a super special trip. It is me, my sister, my boyfriend, and the 6 year old, and it will be something she remembers with us for the rest of her life!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter