• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Filming in Animal Kingdom

FrostMommy

Mouseketeer
We were in Disneyworld the last week of October. When we were at Animal Kingdom, I believe on the 27th or 28th, we saw some filming going on. While they were not shutting down traffic or anything, there was a large camera rig and sound people involved. Anyone know what was being filmed? I personally did not recognize any of the actors, but I am not up to date on recent Disney Channel stuff.

We were in Disneyworld the last week of October. When we were at Animal Kingdom, I believe on the 27th or 28th, we saw some filming going on. While they were not shutting down traffic or anything, there was a large camera rig and sound people involved. Anyone know what was being filmed? I personally did not recognize any of the actors, but I am not up to date on recent Disney Channel stuff.
Probably some filming for the new areas for either the Disney vacation planning DVDs or Stacy and WDW must do's.

I'm a part-time actor based in South Florida, but I typically get casting notices for Orlando, too. Roughly 3-4 times each year, I see stuff for Disney World. It's always the sort of thing that rteetz mentions: Vacation planning DVDs or b-roll footage that gets used for commercials and web advertising. Disney doesn't pay travel costs, so I've never tried to book one of the gigs. Plus, they usually stipulate that you must be ready, willing, and able to ride any attraction multiple times. I probably could handle anything once...but just the thought of multiple trips on Rock 'n' Roller Coaster makes me nauseated.

Every casting notice I've seen has been for filming early morning or at night once the parks are closed. So, if I had to guess, the filming at AK probably was something other than marketing.

I was at AK on Mon Oct.26 and at lunch time they had closed half of the seating at Flame Tree (the nice water view seating :() for filming. CMs who directed us to the back seating pavilions told us it was for a commercial. It wasn't handled very well. As we approached with our trays full of food, CMs blocked us. Pointed up to the other pavilions and said "Go up there. You can't go down there. Filming our commercial is our priority today."

That's not good. Perhaps they were filming during normal operating because there are fewer hours of sunlight and the commercial is slated to debut sometime early next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter