Film crew in the front of the Haunted Mansion right now.......

Could be filming the new 2013 vacation planning video. I'm hoping the new one will showcase the Fantasyland expansion.

I just got back and we saw a crew at around 9AM at the sword in the stone in MK on 9/13.

I have no idea if this is related, but when we were there two weeks ago I was approached by a man in Innoventions about having my children photographed. A camera guy (giant white camera) was following my kids around taking their photos as they played. Then I was given a stack of release forms and documents of consent to fill out. As I was doing that they pulled my daughter aside to model with the piggy banks for awhile. It was neat but I was kind of baffled by the whole thing.

I would agre with what has been said before. I bet it is for the new 2013 vacation planning DVD. They have to do a new one with the new stuff going in.

I have no idea if this is related, but when we were there two weeks ago I was approached by a man in Innoventions about having my children photographed. A camera guy (giant white camera) was following my kids around taking their photos as they played. Then I was given a stack of release forms and documents of consent to fill out. As I was doing that they pulled my daughter aside to model with the piggy banks for awhile. It was neat but I was kind of baffled by the whole thing.

I would totally have asked more questions before blindly signing releases about my children! No idea what they are going to use them for?

Would love to think its for a DVD but my daughter who is a CM went in for a bit, had hair and makeup done and was told she was being filmed for a website piece they are doing. That was the experience of a couple of her friends in other areas of the park as well.

Liz

I would totally have asked more questions before blindly signing releases about my children! No idea what they are going to use them for?

I wasn't blindly signing them. I did ask questions, and they were friendly and answered my questions... but I have a terrible memory and was distracted by keeping track of my four kids too (one of whom is autistic and wanders and the other is mischievious toddler who will bolt away the second he senses an opportunity :rolleyes:). Anyway, there was a whole team of people involved... the photographer seemed to have 1 or two people directing him, there was the "manager" guy I spoke with, and he had two sidekicks. Then there were the gophers who were taking notes, handling the paperwork and doing our documentation (we were each snapped with a simple P&S camera while holding a dry erase board with our name and a reference # on it that corresponded to the release forms).

Besides. It's DISNEY WORLD! I was excited about the opportunity. It's not like I was hauled aside by regular strangers at the mall or something. ;)

"For my trouble" I was given a stack of PhotoPass vouchers, each one good for a free 5x7 print. On the vouchers it says "Walt Disney World Photo Project".

edited to add: I was told that they'd send me proofs of the photos taken that day in the mail "in a few weeks".

mck206 said:
I just got back and we saw a crew at around 9AM at the sword in the stone in MK on 9/13.

We saw a crew in this same area on 9/7.

We also saw a crew in front of The Great Movie Ride another time that first week in September.

Sent from my GalaxyS II

20120925_144950.jpg

Last week I saw a film crew at the base of the tree at Animal Kingdom - looked like they were just getting going though so I didn't see any actual filming.

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter