• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fill in the blank: During the next World Cup I will _______

Since I'm retired I'll be watching as many games as I can! I am hoping to see Matt Turner (former N.E. Rev) in goal for the USMNT. I also have a special interest in Poland and Canada as they have former Revs , Adam Buksa and Tajon Buchanan playing for them.

Likely miss most of it due to holidays/holiday prep/obligations. I think it was a completely boneheaded idea to have it over the traditional holiday period instead of in the summer. I get avoiding the heat, and I get that the whole world doesn't celebrate the holidays, but perhaps host cities should have a requirement to be able to host during the traditional summer timeframe. I can't imagine the soccer leagues are happy about having to take a world cup break, either. Like when the NHL or MLB whine about Olympic breaks.

Not to mention that I think viewership, at least in the US, will tank to levels even lower than ever due to the fact that people will be more focused on football, hockey and basketball. At least in the summer they always have the advantage of, "there aren't many other sports on."

It just seems like a crap time of year to have it and I think it's going to suffer as a result. I know for me I'll probably forget that it's even on most of the time. And I do enjoy it when it's in the summer.

Likely miss most of it due to holidays/holiday prep/obligations. I think it was a completely boneheaded idea to have it over the traditional holiday period instead of in the summer. I get avoiding the heat, and I get that the whole world doesn't celebrate the holidays, but perhaps host cities should have a requirement to be able to host during the traditional summer timeframe. I can't imagine the soccer leagues are happy about having to take a world cup break, either. Like when the NHL or MLB whine about Olympic breaks.

Not to mention that I think viewership, at least in the US, will tank to levels even lower than ever due to the fact that people will be more focused on football, hockey and basketball. At least in the summer they always have the advantage of, "there aren't many other sports on."

It just seems like a crap time of year to have it and I think it's going to suffer as a result. I know for me I'll probably forget that it's even on most of the time. And I do enjoy it when it's in the summer.
Just do a google, nobody wanted the 2022 World Cup to have these issues. We should be having the games during July not November. The way the heat wave is going, would it really make a difference?

Just do a google, nobody wanted the 2022 World Cup to have these issues. We should be having the games during July not November. The way the heat wave is going, would it really make a difference?
Like last night, I was watching the international friendlies and my first thought was, "Man, these European teams must be hot playing over here." Followed by, "Oh, wait. Never mind."

Like last night, I was watching the international friendlies and my first thought was, "Man, these European teams must be hot playing over here." Followed by, "Oh, wait. Never mind."
The WC stadiums currently have air conditioning (the first of its kind).

Even Santa is mad.🤣

Since the USA plays England on Black Friday, I will probably be eating Thanksgiving leftovers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter