• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

figmentfan814AAR~LivingSeas~French Is. *I'm back and married! Will start TR soon!*

I've had a couple of really hectic days and now I finally have some time to post my pictures from my recent purchases. As I said before I definitely cleaned out several of the Disney stores... it was a two state effort! My parents were visiting family in Indiana, so I had them pick up some items there and I hit up two stores in Michigan. Plus, my aunt ended up making a run to the Indianapolis store. I'm going to visit my DF this weekend in Ohio and am going to have to see if there is anything else I missed out on from the other stores :rotfl:

These are some of my bags... you can kind of see our dog Molly peeking in at the side, I think she thought I was going crazy when I kept bringing in more and more bags. When I left the mall one of the girls working at the Disney store had to help me carry my stuff to the car.
WeddingPlanning004.jpg

Here are some of the items I bought for the gift bags. I had wanted to have some playing cards and was glad to find both the Mickey and Princess kinds. The cards were $1.99. The antenna toppers were only 99 cents. I got the pirate and princess toppers for the rehearsal dinner gift bags, we're going with a water theme for it. I've gotten some other cool pirate items that I will have to post another time. pirate:
WeddingPlanning007.jpg

WeddingPlanning051.jpg

A neat thing about the pencils is that some of them change color with heat. You can kind of see the pink a little bit on the purple pencil. Plus, all of them were only 99 cents!
WeddingPlanning048.jpg

This is what I decided to do for the main centerpieces. I originally had picked out some cylinders with floating flowers and candles. Anyway, when we were down for our planning session during our site visit to Ariel's I saw the setup for a reception that used Disney snowglobes for the centerpieces. I fell in love with the idea, but thought that it would be completely out of budget.

Guess what? When I went to check out the sale at Disney they had their snowglobes which were originally $89.95 and $69.95 down to $39.99. In the end, I saved over $500 off the original prices. The best part is that this is the same price as the rentals from Disney. Now I will be able to keep them or give them away to other people instead of just using something for one day. We will still have petals sprinkled around the bottom and possibly a few votives like originally planned for the other items. Another bonus is that I don't have to make table names now because the globes can be used instead of table numbers or names.

I cleaned out the store at the mall near me. I bought six at one time and had them reserve one at another mall for me. I then called my mom and had her run to the store down where they were visiting. We also coordinated so we were able to get enough playing cards, pencils, antenna toppers, and some kids items for all the bags.

WeddingPlanning022.jpg

WeddingPlanning028.jpg

WeddingPlanning030.jpg

WeddingPlanning031.jpg

WeddingPlanning043.jpg

WeddingPlanning038.jpg

WeddingPlanning035.jpg

We ended up with a Finding Nemo, Peter Pan, Dumbo, Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, Mary Poppins, Snow White, Cinderella, and the Princesses. I am waiting on the Alice and Wonderland from my aunt. I also ordered a Pinocchio and a classic Disney characters one online. This will definitely be my biggest Disney touch to the wedding. The ceremony won't really have any Disney at it, so I think it will be a good mix.

The Peter Pan, Cinderella, and Finding Nemo ones have blowers for the glitter and light up.

Here are the placecards that we have been putting together. We bought the packs of placecards at the dollarstore (6 for a dollar) and are adding the rhinestones in the Mickey shapes. Kris has paid for my mom to take a calligraphy class that she has been wanting to do, so it works out perfect because she wants to write out all the cards.
WeddingPlanning010.jpg

WeddingPlanning011.jpg

I love the snowglobes..I always pick some up when they are marked down to 39.99.

Love the idea for the centerpieces!

What a great idea with the snowglobes! I love those antenna toppers you picked up too. Is the sale still going on?

what a great deal on the snowglobes! snowglobes are great centerpieces...we just had the mini wedding ones on top of a floral arrangement. I think I mentioned somewhere before that DH wanted snowglobes as centerpieces so people would fight over who took them home...:sad2: good grief! lol

your mickey place cards are great too! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

I really love your centerpiece idea! How awesome and colorful :) You are so on top of things. I feel like I need to get moving on things! Haha

What a great planning report. You have awesome ideas. Thanks so much for sharing them.

I'm not sure if I missed it or not, but I was looking for more info on the hay ride you have planned.

What a great planning report. You have awesome ideas. Thanks so much for sharing them.

I'm not sure if I missed it or not, but I was looking for more info on the hay ride you have planned.

You didn't msiss it yet, so don't worry. I called Fort Wilderness, but I'm not able to book it until 180 days out (if I remember correctly, I have it written down in my planner, so I will let you know if that is wrong.) So, right now I'm just playing the waiting game.

I'm not sure if I mentioned it, but the cost is $300 for the wagon and it holds 30 adults or a combination of 35 adults and children. I'm a little worried at this point that we might need two wagons :scared: I guess the more the merrier! We are going to have it coincide with the start of the campfire program so families can stay for the movie and for roasting marshmallows. The number you call about reserving the wagon rides is (407) 824-2734.

Thanks for all your great comments everyone. I was glad that the placecards were so cheap to put together that gives me more money for favors. Although, I really can't decide what they will be at this point. Definitely something chocolate. I've debating making my own from some Mickey and Minnie molds that I have, but the ones from Disney are so cute too. Way too many decisions.

love the snowglobe idea, but how on earth are you going to choose who takes them home, I would imagine EVERYONE would want them!!!! perhaps you could have some sort of wedding lottery to decide LOL !

I love the snowglobes idea--that is so creative. I'm definitely going to keep that one in mind. ;)

What a fun and pretty idea with the snowglobes! Gosh, I'm gonna have to try to sneak into your wedding just to see how great it's going to turn out! I'm just kidding I wouldn't do that, but really though, you have some great ideas, I'm enjoying seeing how everything is comming along for you!

I saw those pencils at the disney store in saginaw just the other day. I was so tempted to buy a few, but once I started I knew I wouldn't be able to stop, I'll have to go sometime w/DF, he can control my shopping. haha

love the snowglobe idea, but how on earth are you going to choose who takes them home, I would imagine EVERYONE would want them!!!! perhaps you could have some sort of wedding lottery to decide LOL !

I know that will definitely be something interesting to figure out; we definitely don't want any fighting over anything :laughing: I figure that I will offer them to some of the people that are helping out with things at the wedding. That will be my "thank you" of sorts for everyone besides the wedding party who plays a part in the wedding.

I love the snowglobes idea--that is so creative. I'm definitely going to keep that one in mind. ;)

I know I had it filed away after I saw it at the reception at Ariel's. I'm just glad I was able to do something within budget for once!

What a fun and pretty idea with the snowglobes! Gosh, I'm gonna have to try to sneak into your wedding just to see how great it's going to turn out! I'm just kidding I wouldn't do that, but really though, you have some great ideas, I'm enjoying seeing how everything is coming along for you!

I saw those pencils at the disney store in saginaw just the other day. I was so tempted to buy a few, but once I started I knew I wouldn't be able to stop, I'll have to go sometime w/DF, he can control my shopping. haha

I was up at the Saginaw store to pick up one of the snowglobes and I told the lady some of the other items that I had bought and she tried to get me to take home more pencils and cards. Luckily I resisted. I haven't gone too overboard yet with the bags. For all the regular gift bags for guests I am right on budget. I'm a little worried that I will go over on the larger bags for our immediate family and the wedding party. Maybe it's a good thing that my DF is not living in MI yet, it's probably better that he doesn't know how much I spend ;) Although I'm down in OH visiting this weekend... maybe I should go to the Disney store while he is at work today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter