Figment...

Judy-Hopps

Earning My Ears
Where does he come from?! I haven't heard of him outside of his ride (sorry but I didn't like it). Was he created just for Walt Disney World? I love the little guy!

He was a special character just for Epcot. When Epcot first opened, they did not have the regular characters there. They had Figment (and Dreamfinder) for Future World and some odd looking, large headed costume characters from the countries in WS. Those big headed things were really creepy! It was quite a while before Mickey and friends began appearing there. The first time I remember them was in their rainbow outfits in the mid eighties.

Figment is one of the last fixtures of the original Epcot; therefore, he is beloved by many who adored the park. As others said, he was really one of the few characters a child could latch on to in Epcot as they didn't have the IP presence they have today. Figment is important to my family, even though the current ride stinks (IMO), we go on it every time and use a FP+ for it to get a fourth later in the day. We are the people that sing along (and harmonize) behind you in your vehicle.

I adore Figment. I hope the day never comes, but if they ever get rid of him I think I would actually cry.

Love Figment! I drag my poor family on this ride over and over. Then I sing the song for the rest of the day. Imaaaaaaagination...............

He's my daughter's and my favorite. All we have to do is starting singing "Imaaaaaaagination" and we both start smiling!

The original ride was sponsored by Kodak and I think they had a hand in Figment's creation too

The imagination pavilion, in it's current state, shows very little imagination!

I'll never figure out why it was changed and the Dreamfinder was removed.

Maybe he saw an andvanced mock up of the new incarnation and decided to jump ship?

Anyhoo, for those wanting to take a walk down memory lane or even for those who never had the privilege of seeing the oringinal ride so many of us love I'll just leave this here.

Side note: video quality had come a LONG way in the past 20 years!

I remember reading that the idea for the name came from a quote from Magnum PI. I still like the ride as it is, although it doesn't compare to the original. We always go on it

I'll never figure out why it was changed and the Dreamfinder was removed.

Maybe he saw an andvanced mock up of the new incarnation and decided to jump ship?

Anyhoo, for those wanting to take a walk down memory lane or even for those who never had the privilege of seeing the oringinal ride so many of us love I'll just leave this here.

Side note: video quality had come a LONG way in the past 20 years!

Thanks for finding this! I can now show all my family what we missed!

A wonderful little trip down memory lane there. How I do miss that ride!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter