Figment and Captain EO opionions

FantasiaMagic

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone!

So I was in EPCOT about a week ago and had a great time. I also did some attractions that I had not done in FOREVER and did not remember them - Figment and Captain EO. I know both attractions are very different for many reasons but in my opinion I enjoyed Figment more. It just seemed more fun. Don't get me wrong - MJ is great also and the show was cute but I just enjoyed Figment more...

What do you all think - which attraction is more enjoyable - Figment or Captain EO???

and BTW its ironic both rides were taken away - and then brought back LOL - I just thought that was funny!!!

-FantasiaMagic :pixiedust

Surely, you must realize that both of those are very hot button issues here on the Dis...

Capt EO was fine in its day, but now, and without all the theater enhancements, it's just...lame.

As for what has happened to the Journey...scandalous and shocking! I hope Michael Eisner is haunted by the ghost of the Dreamfinder every night!

Surely, you must realize that both of those are very hot button issues here on the Dis...

Capt EO was fine in its day, but now, and without all the theater enhancements, it's just...lame.

As for what has happened to the Journey...scandalous and shocking! I hope Michael Eisner is haunted by the ghost of the Dreamfinder every night!

I agree!

I would take Figment in its current state any day over Captain EO! They really need to reopen the second floor of the Imagination Pavilion! What a waste of prime Disney space!

I love the figament ride!! creative, happy, fun and simple..and the blast is the best, I sit and watch others reactions now

capt eo is nostaligc, but not a must do for me at all, but neither was shrunk show either

I like Figment enough. I don't remember much before this redo, so its cute for me.

Captain Eo though....yuck. Really didn't like it and it scared the kids.

we like them both and they are total oppisites as far as entertainment goes. Captain EO is very good

Trying to be positive here....Thought Captain Eo was great in its original run. I also loved the original Journey into Imagination. I could spend hours in there. On my upcoming trip, I plan to see Figment.

FantasiaMagic said:
Hello everyone!

So I was in EPCOT about a week ago and had a great time. I also did some attractions that I had not done in FOREVER and did not remember them - Figment and Captain EO. I know both attractions are very different for many reasons but in my opinion I enjoyed Figment more. It just seemed more fun. Don't get me wrong - MJ is great also and the show was cute but I just enjoyed Figment more...

What do you all think - which attraction is more enjoyable - Figment or Captain EO???

and BTW its ironic both rides were taken away - and then brought back LOL - I just thought that was funny!!!

-FantasiaMagic :pixiedust

The crazy part is I remember seeing Captain EO in 1986 when I went to Disney for the first time! (I was in 3rd grade!!!!!) I LOVED MJ back then so getting to see him there was awesome! We didn't go see it when we went in '10 but if it's still running I may stop in and see it when we go in Nov.

However, I could care less about the figment attraction!!!! The only reason why I even went on it last time was for my daughter. Would love to see that replaced.

I'd love to see a new ride in Epcot. it definitely needs a little more excitement. JMO.

Enjoy everyone!

I'm not a fan of the current Figment ride. Skunk spray and video screens, Disney? Really?

I enjoyed the heck out of EO last summer. Sure, it's got its problems, and is missing some of the best in-theater effects, but music! And dancing! And spaceships! I left the theater singing, dancing, and smiling.

We enjoy the Figment ride, but liked the old version better.

EO can be shot out into space and that would be okay with me.

I think both attractions are the worst Disney has to offer. Those plus the water pageant parade. Now my 5 year old son, on the other hand, loves Figment and the water pageant. Everything else with Disney is A-OK!!!! Love vacationing there every year.

Figment is a waste of time and space. It's unfortunate because once upon a time Figment was the star of Epcot. Now the image we see of him on shirts and magnets is more reminiscent of the nostalgic Figment.

The Imagination Institute could use a face lift. Captain EO was merely joining the MJ band wagon which has come and gone. Now it's time to create something new and "imaginative" for the Imagination Pavilion.

I've never seen Figment. I've only seen Eo at Disneyland, last month. But I came out of it thinking (and whispering to my husband, as DS seemed to like it) that everyone (EVERYONE) involved in the making of Captain Eo should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves. It was just so awful.

I have only been to Disney twice in my entire life and both times were within the past few years. I managed to miss Figment both other trips but, will make it a point to ride it this coming trip in September.

My DH and I watched Captain EO one Sunday afternoon at Epcot and I bet there was only about 10 people in the entire theater. We were both very unimpressed. I am sure back in the day it was probably pretty cool but, now it is a dinosaur of an attraction that really is a snoozefest.. there is little "Disney" about it today. We won't be wasting our time watching that this coming trip.

If someone is a big MJ fan they should go see it.. just to say they did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter