Fidelity

I'm in the process of my first resale with them now. The offer/acceptance, signing of contracts went very smoothly. It almost seemed too easy.

We are in ROFR stage now, so I can't comment on anything after that yet.

I called them ealier this week. If you check out they're web page, they have tons of resales available. I called. A frustrating 5 minute coversation trying to figure out what listings were still available. Finally, I was told just to make an offer. I didn't know what to make an offer on, since she couldn't tell me what was still for sale. Either they are swamped or not with it. Either way, it wasn't a good impression.:confused3

I've got an accepted offer in with them right now.

Their web site has lots of listing which is nice, but the web site doesn't indicate which listing already have offers on them or have even been sold already. So the first two times I called about listing when they looked up the contract the listing had already been sold, third call the seller had removed the listing and on the 4th call we managed to get a listing that was still active.

I also just got an accepted offer today. I called her yesterday and talked with her a bit and she seemed so nice on the phone. Some previous posters are correct that she seemed really busy, but I was able to talk to her today. It is easier for her to tell you what contracts are still available, rather than going through the listing. I just told her I need x amt of points and she told me the cheapest one and explained about Use Year and points available right now.

I made an offer, and the owner made a counter offer. I was then telling her about our firm counter offer and the owner accepted. I am supposed to get paperwork on Monday.

Her listing is definitely larger than other place. I also talked with TSS last week and was promised the listing and additional info in the email, but never got it. I am not saying TSS is bad, just saying that I have better experience with Fidelity (Rachel).

I hope that everything will go well....

I made an offer on a 25 point resale with them last weekend, but it was already sold. So I ended up adding on direct through Disney with the new special Disney is running for SSR.

In the past I made an offer on one of Fidelity's contracts but later found out the contract was in foreclosure. So that didn't work out.

I was using Sharon at Fidelity and she is very nice. I had 2 offers accepted on small points. All was well until several days passed and no contracts. Either they are just super slammed and have no help or ?? Well I ended up canceling with her and going with Carrie at http://www.atimeshare.com/
She is just awesome. I got the perfect contract sent to ROFR within 1 business day!!! Carrie is also able to get Fidelity listings plus has her own. Its in Disneys hands now.

We'll see how it goes. We put a bid on a 25 point contract late today that was accepted,supposed to get the paperwork monday in an email. have been dealing with Sharon who does seem nice and on the ball.

I found Fidelity/GMAC very unresponsive so I also used Carrie to buy one of their contracts. It has been a while so I do not have currnet experiance.

I know some of the other agencies (Jackie and ****) will work to broker listings from fidelity for you. I contacted them about a contract they had listed and it wasn't available, instead they offered a similar one through fidelity and we are currently waiting for ROFR on it. Very easy and I feel comfortable using them as we bought our first contract from them last year. Good luck!

We have a contract with Fidelity in ROFR. They are slightly unresponsive with emails and phone calls because they are so swamped. That annoys me, as I am a very "get back to me now" kind of person. But I put up with it because I also contacted another place (don't want to mention names) and the man I spoke to on the phone seemed to be a tad annoyed with my questions. So, I went with the person who was nicer to me, though harder to get a hold of. I do manage to get to her when I need to, but it takes an extra phone call sometimes.

Fidelity assisted us with a rough purchase last spring. Owner owed more than she thought and had to come up with extra cash after our offer had been accepted. Fidelity and the holding agency were fine. Contracts can be handled electronically. They will also work with our quirks. We are in Maine and appreciate their electronic capabilities. We are currently working on a second contract through them on a verbally accepted offer.

You need to watch their listings frequently and move on them. If you want answers in a hour, be reasonable. There are others of us out there who can only work on these things during lunch and after work. They get back to you faster than a college professor so relax and take advantage of this great opportunity.

We have a contract with Fidelity in ROFR. They are slightly unresponsive with emails and phone calls because they are so swamped. That annoys me, as I am a very "get back to me now" kind of person. But I put up with it because I also contacted another place (don't want to mention names) and the man I spoke to on the phone seemed to be a tad annoyed with my questions. So, I went with the person who was nicer to me, though harder to get a hold of. I do manage to get to her when I need to, but it takes an extra phone call sometimes.

This is our experience as well. Fidelity did have the best contract to fit our needs but the communication could be better. The good news is that everything still seems to be on the ball--we received some of our paperwork in the mail-- but if you are wanting details of your status, you are out of luck.

Didn't they used to be GMAC? If so I bought my very first contract with them (since sold) and all went very well and smoothly.

Everybody's experience with a broker will be slightly different. Some will praise and some will not. I have purchased one contract thru Fidelity and tried one other. When talking to Rachel, I had problems with her responding in a timely manner. Timely manner to me is within 24-48 hours. We had a problem with the title company and she did not respond to my repeated emails. I ended up having to deal with the title company myself. I found another small contract they had listed last month and contacted Fidelity by phone. I was given to Rachel. She was to get back to me and again, she was very slow to respond. Maybe she was swamped but her problem should not become my problem. I read about another agent at Fidelity here on the DISboards - Sharon. I contacted her about the listing and she was great! She called me not only to answer my questions but also to let me know what she was doing during the process. I had not told her about my experience with Rachel. We weren't able to complete the transaction because the seller had a vacation planned using some of the points listed as available so I backed out of the deal but I would not hesitate to contact Sharon again if a contract to my liking becomes available. That is my two cents worth and that's about all it is worth! :lmao:

Yes I've been dealing with Sharon, and she's been great so far. Tomorrow we're supposed to receive our electronic contract. Finger's are crossed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter