Fidelity strikes again...

We have never used Fidelity - we use the Timeshare Store, and one other.
However, we DID make an offer through Timeshare Resales USA - NEVER - and I say NEVER NEVER NEVER under any circumstance do business with them. They are NOT honest, they are not legitimate, and I feel sorry for anyone who lists with them, or buys through them.

Blatant lies, total disregard for the buyer's offer, and dishonesty every step of the way.

You can identify their listings on other sites with "TRUSA" in their contract numbers.

Horrible experience!

No, it's a money thing. Fidelity gives them a 50% cut of the commission on referrals.

Perhaps the reason Fidelity brokers aren't exactly jumping through hoops to service DVC buyers: lower commission due to the split. :confused3

(Certainly not excusing the poor service...just making an observation.)

We made our offer on 6/24/11 with Fidelity and we closed on our VWL today (7/22/11). I have nothing but good things to say about them from customer service to communication. I will definitely go back to them for an add on without hesitation.

antumnw1nd - what was the first name of the broker involved in your sale?

Perhaps the reason Fidelity brokers aren't exactly jumping through hoops to service DVC buyers: lower commission due to the split. :confused3

(Certainly not excusing the poor service...just making an observation.)
Honestly, the erratic customer service doesn't bother me that much. (I wouldn't put up with it, but it's not the reason I wouldn't use Fidelity.)

My problem with them is that they seem to do absolutely no due diligence at all, and don't seem to have a clue what they're selling.

Time after time we've seen problematic transactions because the points advertised weren't really there, the owners were slugging out a bitter divorce, the estate was in probate, "Oh, by the way, they've filed bankruptcy," etc, etc. Just one thing after another that the broker SHOULD have known going in...not learn about when the seller can't close.

About the only thing that's changed from the bad old days when they were called GMAC is that they no longer advertise DVC contracts as being a "RED WEEK!" :rotfl2:

I have bought using TSS a couPle years ago and sharon with fidelity in march. Great experience both times.

Wow I am using Fidelity right now and so far so good. Paperwork moving very quickly so far. In ROFR for a few days.

Have only used TTS (3 times before) and would only use them...don't feel I need to look elsewhere. They were terrific...great communication, quick relay of offers and counters, and very quick documentation both ways.

I just completed my first resale not buying direct, I went through Fidelity working with Sharon Reper and I have to say I had a great experience. Sharon was very professional and returned all my calls and e-mails promptly. I would highly recommend them based on this transaction.

We made our offer on 6/23/11 & closed 7/26/11, not bad time. We purchased 150 pts at BWV w/Dec use year for $46 a pt. I was only looking for 100 pts but at that price the extra 50 pts will come in real handy, especially since we are expecting our first grandbaby! Can’t wait to take the baby to Disney :)

I just put in an offer for a resale this week with ********** using ****, on a contract held by Fidelity. I had my offer submitted around 10am, got a blind counter around 1pm, sent in my counter, received the acceptance by 4pm, and contracts had been emailed by 6pm.

The first offer I put in through the same channels...come to find out the contract was not available. Fidelity had not de listed it from its site.

I also was dealing with the Timeshare Store. Jerry was very professional and helpful.

I would deal with both companies again in a heart beat. My choice on who to use was driven by the available contracts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter