Fibromyalgia Thread

PS --

PAINSOMNIA SUCKS.
I miss sleeping in my bed with my son, snuggling up to me and spoiling him by letting him in the bed..

I miss my life.

1girln3boys said:
I really don't think people can even begin to know the pain we live everyday. I hate the response "get a wheelchair". Also the fatigue is unbearable at times :(. Yes this weather can make it all worse.
I've had pain most of my life just didn't know why. I've learned to just live with it but know that I know why and can control it to a degree it's nice.

Amen sista. Coping with pain is so much different than living with less pain. Dealing with it is something I've learned to do, but ignorance is bliss and people question my placard. 'But you don't look sick....'

...well you don't look ignorant.. but... well...

Amen sista. Coping with pain is so much different than living with less pain. Dealing with it is something I've learned to do, but ignorance is bliss and people question my placard. 'But you don't look sick....'

...well you don't look ignorant.. but... well...

AHAHAHAHA! I posted something almost identical to this just a couple months back when a woman was seriously YELLING at me for parking in a handicap space -_- I have plates dangit! I held my tongue with the insults (bc with my luck she will probably turn out to be a parent of one of my students) and just told her to educate herself on invisible disabilities. So... in a way I insinuated she was ignorant with actually saying it out right. Haha.

The cold weather kills me. I have been late to work EVERY day this week bc morning just suck. It's cold and I'm achey :(

With the wheelchair thing I know how that is too. But I don't want my friends or family who also have their own issues to have to push me around all day so I make it through with my cane and some ibuprofen. Maybe some vicodin on the really bad days.

Stolen meds must stink. I know how I feel when my meds go missing but its usually because I lose them or my bf takes them all! Grr. Anyway that's total BS that even with a police report they won't replace them. That should really be an exception. Hopefully you will be able to get something to get some relief.

Well I still have tons to do! I can't believe its almost Christmas! AHHH!

Much love and many pain free hugs to all :grouphug:

So. I found out tonight that i have a new DX.

I'm 24 and have been diagnosed with MS.

:hug: Are they 100% sure on the MS.. I have had that diagnosis 3x, and then it wasn't..

The good news , if that is what it is, it is manageable, and not a death sentence.. Never fun or what you want to hear though..

Sounds like chiari to me! Honestly. Keep on it if you stay dizzy. Do you get headaches?

Pm me for my phone number. If you need to talk I'm here. :)

I do get headaches, and they've been worse lately. I'm scheduled for an MRI this afternoon, so then I guess I'll have to wait until my doctor gets the report from them before I find out any news. Hopefully they'll look at my brain and not find anything. :lmao: Get it? LOL

AHAHAHAHA! I posted something almost identical to this just a couple months back when a woman was seriously YELLING at me for parking in a handicap space -_- I have plates dangit! I held my tongue with the insults (bc with my luck she will probably turn out to be a parent of one of my students) and just told her to educate herself on invisible disabilities. So... in a way I insinuated she was ignorant with actually saying it out right. Haha.

The cold weather kills me. I have been late to work EVERY day this week bc morning just suck. It's cold and I'm achey :(

With the wheelchair thing I know how that is too. But I don't want my friends or family who also have their own issues to have to push me around all day so I make it through with my cane and some ibuprofen. Maybe some vicodin on the really bad days.

Stolen meds must stink. I know how I feel when my meds go missing but its usually because I lose them or my bf takes them all! Grr. Anyway that's total BS that even with a police report they won't replace them. That should really be an exception. Hopefully you will be able to get something to get some relief.

Well I still have tons to do! I can't believe its almost Christmas! AHHH!

The cold weather is the worst! I'd really be suffering if I had to go in to work this week. As it is, I'm not looking forward to leaving the house for the MRI later on. I could easily become agoraphobic. :sad2:

Awww, I am so sorry to hear this. :( *HUGS* :hug: What is the course of treatment, if any??

:hug: Are they 100% sure on the MS.. I have had that diagnosis 3x, and then it wasn't..

The good news , if that is what it is, it is manageable, and not a death sentence.. Never fun or what you want to hear though..

I've heard that people with all of the different symptoms like many of us have can be misdiagnosed because so many things have symptoms that overlap with each other.

So sorry to hear this hun :( Hopefully they are sure and can get your started on the appropriate treatment :)

With the cold weather I definitely need to be going into the chiropractor and accupuncturist once a week. I really need to start exercising again too :( But that is at least the plan for me and my sister. Gotta get back into shape and hopefully get my energy back up. I love the winter but it definitely makes me want to go into hibernation mode. Lol.

Not much else going on with me. Typically tomorrow would be my last day of work before winter break but the district decided to change our schedule :( So I have all of next week and then break time! YAY!

Just popping in to complain about the fact that I have a bad cold right now. :sick: *Achooo!!!!*

I'm supposed to go back to work tomorrow, but with the snow that we're supposed to get tonight, and with the way that I feel, I don't think I'll be going in. I can't imagine having to talk to customers non-stop for 5 hours. :faint:

I hope everyone is ok.

:tink: :grouphug:

SeaSpray said:
Just popping in to complain about the fact that I have a bad cold right now. :sick: *Achooo!!!!*

I'm supposed to go back to work tomorrow, but with the snow that we're supposed to get tonight, and with the way that I feel, I don't think I'll be going in. I can't imagine having to talk to customers non-stop for 5 hours. :faint:

I hope everyone is ok.

:tink: :grouphug:

Yeah there is definitely something going around. Sorry you got it :(

Well I had an interesting day. Had to call the cops on someone who was harassing me about parking in a handicap spot with my placard properly displayed. I've never been so infuriated. I really wanted to punch him in his asinine face! Ugh! Anyway the cops took too long and the guy left but the cop who showed up was super nice and gave me her card so I could call her directly if he came back. Anyway since the incident I've had a horrible migraine. Gonna go to bed now. The weather in CA keeps bouncing around and it's wreaking havoc on my body :(

Rosan: OMG.. that is awful :worried: I hope you rest, and your migraine goes away :hug:

SeaSpray: Same here. I "thought" I was over my cold, and caught another when my husband reminded me that it has been over a month, and it never went away :eek:.. I hope you feel somewhat better.:hug:

Don't wanna discuss the weather.. HORRIBLE.. Blizzardlike conditions, and it seems to be getting worse... My DH is a manager for Air Canada, and he is going in at 4, and he is sure he will be there all day.. Seems like this winter will be like an old timer..

Pitter: I went to text you, as I am concerned, and deleted and can't find your number :furious:.. So feel free PLEASE when you can to text me, and I will keep it this time.

I think since tomorrow will be a wipe out, and DH will take my 4x4, I will start to wrap gifts..

Did I mention my kitchen cabinets are in .. BUT, we are by no means ready.. So, we had to rent a storage unit for a month.. I don't want them around here with the sanding and all that. Surely they will get ruined... I hope in a month we are ready..

Xmas is so soon, and as I started to stand my ground last night and NOT go to my SIL house, it always makes me sad.. I just can't do it. My kids go, and then usually we would have a big dinner the next day, either here or at my Mom's.. This year it will be at my Mom's as she is still in bed 24/7:mad:.. It won't be the best however, as we all can't eat together.. Oh well.. I guess I am a bah humbug because I can't wait for it all to be over..

Hugs everyone.:hug::hug:

I just got the results of the MRI and it showed 2 things. The first one is a cyst on the brain. I have to go back for a second MRI, with contrast this time. I did a quick Google search and from what I saw most cysts are non-cancerous and they only operate if the cysts are on a part of the brain where it causes symptoms and problems. I guess that's why I have to go back for the second MRI, to get more info about the cyst.

The second thing that the MRI showed is abnormal tonsil tissue. I guess there is tonsil tissue where it isn't supposed to be. Who the heck knows. But I have an appt with an ENT to check this out further.

My primary doctor (he's the one that sent me for the MRI) has me out of work for another week, at least until I can get in to check these findings checked out further.

Since I still feel very cruddy, I'm not going to complain, although my paycheck will be literally $zero.

Wow, we've had quite the last two weeks! On December 4th, we all had our regular dental check ups, Xrays, cleanings. Both of the girls did fine, no problems at all. My Xray showed a mass growing on my jaw. It was a definate solid mass, so I was told I had to have a biopsy. The "biopsy" was on Saturday and turned out to be more of a surgery, where they decided upon seeing it that it needed to be removed A.S.A.P. So, they removed it, scraped some bone shavings off and sent it all to be tested. The cut is on the bottom, left side of my jaw, under my tongue. The pain has been nasty...We won't hear anything for a few more days.

My poor little girl with Fibro. has had pains, but seems to be having a few o.k. days in between. The water therapy seems to be starting to do it's job. I am very excited about the progress being made. She's been happy to leave the house for her 3 days a week pool therapy, which is a step in the right direction. She is still having pain, digestive issues and some recent migraines. But, it's been less.

We are getting ready for Disney World (and Christmas too)! Eyes on the prize! Today, we made Mickey Christmas cookies...EVERYTHING between now and Disney trip is going to be all Disney! We made potato leek soup (Biergarten) too!!! I can't wait to feel better so we can make some Dole Whip! Half of the fun of the trip is planning it. I am so thankful for all of your advise for when we are there! It will definately be a different trip this time around. We'll have to learn a little as we go.

We have company coming for Christmas. We just moved down south in August of this year, so everyone is excited to get out of the cold, come down to see us and hang out on the beach! DD is hoping she feels good while everyone is here.

SeaSPray: is it a pineal cyst? Or do you know... If so, yes they don't appear to cause concern, I have two..

What tonsil? The one in the brain? Some don't know we have this.. This was my Chiari issue.. My tonsils were hanging down into my spine.. As pitter has.. Still worried about her :guilty:...

I hope you can get some rest..:hug:

pannm: Ouch, that sounds painful.. Good thoughts to you, and your poor little one :hug: Glad to hear she is having better days...

Wishing you a great trip, and happy holidays... OOH SOUTH YOU LUCKY BUGGER.. ENJOY:banana:

Tomorrow I see my surgeon for my shoulder......... AM SO NERVOUS, but mostly about the driving.. We got pelted, and the city isn't so fast to clean up :rolleyes1.. Black ice under feet of snow. Glad I have 4 wheel drive..

Well, I got nothing done with my wrapping.. Made dinner and muffins by noon, and broke out crying because I can't cook for beans.. I think I am very hormonal.. My poor daughter came home during this because she is in exams, and tried to tell me I am wrong, but I know I suck at it :laughing:,, I think I was angry at her, and took it out on my cooking.. She wanted a lift from the metro, and I tried to explain to her that I DON"T WANNA drive, and if she can walk block to Starbucks to chat, then surely she can wait on the bus.. Ugg 14 year old girls.. I love her to death, but we butt heads A LOT..

Gentle hugs everyone:hug::hug:

Rosan: OMG.. that is awful :worried: I hope you rest, and your migraine goes away :hug:

SeaSpray: Same here. I "thought" I was over my cold, and caught another when my husband reminded me that it has been over a month, and it never went away :eek:.. I hope you feel somewhat better.:hug:

Don't wanna discuss the weather.. HORRIBLE.. Blizzardlike conditions, and it seems to be getting worse... My DH is a manager for Air Canada, and he is going in at 4, and he is sure he will be there all day.. Seems like this winter will be like an old timer..

Pitter: I went to text you, as I am concerned, and deleted and can't find your number :furious:.. So feel free PLEASE when you can to text me, and I will keep it this time.

I think since tomorrow will be a wipe out, and DH will take my 4x4, I will start to wrap gifts..

Did I mention my kitchen cabinets are in .. BUT, we are by no means ready.. So, we had to rent a storage unit for a month.. I don't want them around here with the sanding and all that. Surely they will get ruined... I hope in a month we are ready..

Xmas is so soon, and as I started to stand my ground last night and NOT go to my SIL house, it always makes me sad.. I just can't do it. My kids go, and then usually we would have a big dinner the next day, either here or at my Mom's.. This year it will be at my Mom's as she is still in bed 24/7:mad:.. It won't be the best however, as we all can't eat together.. Oh well.. I guess I am a bah humbug because I can't wait for it all to be over..

Hugs everyone.:hug::hug:

Thanks! Didn't exactly go away and then got yelled out by some woman at Costco the very next day! She yelled at my mom for parking in a handicap space even though once again we had my placard properly displayed -_- And what did this woman do? Sit in her car the whole time, parked in a handicap space, while whoever she was with went inside and did all the shopping -_- I'm really getting tired of people. I really wanted to hit the guy in L.A. but I like my job and I don't think they would keep me on if I got arrested for assault. Lol. :rotfl:

Anyway, I know remodels can be hectic, but at least it's getting done! YAY! My parents start a remodel project and never finish it. Lol.

As happy as the holidays are and as happy as we want them to be, family will be family. LET THE CIRCUS BEGIN! Lol. My family Christmas will definitely be interesting and the fights have already started. Some over really stupid things but some more serious ones. Ah... family... :rotfl2:

I just got the results of the MRI and it showed 2 things. The first one is a cyst on the brain. I have to go back for a second MRI, with contrast this time. I did a quick Google search and from what I saw most cysts are non-cancerous and they only operate if the cysts are on a part of the brain where it causes symptoms and problems. I guess that's why I have to go back for the second MRI, to get more info about the cyst.

The second thing that the MRI showed is abnormal tonsil tissue. I guess there is tonsil tissue where it isn't supposed to be. Who the heck knows. But I have an appt with an ENT to check this out further.

My primary doctor (he's the one that sent me for the MRI) has me out of work for another week, at least until I can get in to check these findings checked out further.

Since I still feel very cruddy, I'm not going to complain, although my paycheck will be literally $zero.

EEK! I hope things turn out for the best :( I remember the days when I had $0 paychecks. Hope you and you family will make it through!

Wow, we've had quite the last two weeks! On December 4th, we all had our regular dental check ups, Xrays, cleanings. Both of the girls did fine, no problems at all. My Xray showed a mass growing on my jaw. It was a definate solid mass, so I was told I had to have a biopsy. The "biopsy" was on Saturday and turned out to be more of a surgery, where they decided upon seeing it that it needed to be removed A.S.A.P. So, they removed it, scraped some bone shavings off and sent it all to be tested. The cut is on the bottom, left side of my jaw, under my tongue. The pain has been nasty...We won't hear anything for a few more days.

My poor little girl with Fibro. has had pains, but seems to be having a few o.k. days in between. The water therapy seems to be starting to do it's job. I am very excited about the progress being made. She's been happy to leave the house for her 3 days a week pool therapy, which is a step in the right direction. She is still having pain, digestive issues and some recent migraines. But, it's been less.

We are getting ready for Disney World (and Christmas too)! Eyes on the prize! Today, we made Mickey Christmas cookies...EVERYTHING between now and Disney trip is going to be all Disney! We made potato leek soup (Biergarten) too!!! I can't wait to feel better so we can make some Dole Whip! Half of the fun of the trip is planning it. I am so thankful for all of your advise for when we are there! It will definately be a different trip this time around. We'll have to learn a little as we go.

We have company coming for Christmas. We just moved down south in August of this year, so everyone is excited to get out of the cold, come down to see us and hang out on the beach! DD is hoping she feels good while everyone is here.

YOUCH! So sorry for your jaw! And to have it happen so suddenly. Eek. When I had my wisdom teeth removed it was the only surgery I had ever had and it was excruciating! I hope you heal nicely and at least you have lots to look forward to!

I love the Disney themed activities! Can I come over? Lol!

Have you taken your daughter to see Frozen? Luckily its pretty short so I was not feeling too bad after the movie. The Hobbit on the other hand... my bf was ready to go and I was like "I really can't move yet give me a second". Lol. Anyway, Frozen was so cute! My sister and I went to see it. The looks we get are pretty funny when people realize we don't have a kid with us. HAHA!

Glad to hear your DD is having some better days! :)

SeaSPray: is it a pineal cyst? Or do you know... If so, yes they don't appear to cause concern, I have two..

What tonsil? The one in the brain? Some don't know we have this.. This was my Chiari issue.. My tonsils were hanging down into my spine.. As pitter has.. Still worried about her :guilty:...

I hope you can get some rest..:hug:

pannm: Ouch, that sounds painful.. Good thoughts to you, and your poor little one :hug: Glad to hear she is having better days...

Wishing you a great trip, and happy holidays... OOH SOUTH YOU LUCKY BUGGER.. ENJOY:banana:

Tomorrow I see my surgeon for my shoulder......... AM SO NERVOUS, but mostly about the driving.. We got pelted, and the city isn't so fast to clean up :rolleyes1.. Black ice under feet of snow. Glad I have 4 wheel drive..

Well, I got nothing done with my wrapping.. Made dinner and muffins by noon, and broke out crying because I can't cook for beans.. I think I am very hormonal.. My poor daughter came home during this because she is in exams, and tried to tell me I am wrong, but I know I suck at it :laughing:,, I think I was angry at her, and took it out on my cooking.. She wanted a lift from the metro, and I tried to explain to her that I DON"T WANNA drive, and if she can walk block to Starbucks to chat, then surely she can wait on the bus.. Ugg 14 year old girls.. I love her to death, but we butt heads A LOT..

Yeah that's pretty scary. I'm a CA girl and we freak out with the rain! Lol. I could only imagine what would happen if it snowed!

Ah teenager. I don't have any kids of my own yet but I work with them enough. Lol. And sometimes my sister still acts that way. I tell her to walk all the time and when she complains I tell her if I can do it then there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to! But she just got herself a car and as in the process of looking for a job so she's growing up a bit. Haha.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas or whatever holiday you may celebrate :) I still have some shopping to do but just a few things left to get. I suck at wrapping so I usually have my sister do it or I buy bags. Haha.

Much love and many pain free hugs to all! :grouphug:

rosanab1031:.. Ugh, people suck, and they suck MORE at this time of year.. It is so hard to keep cool, good on yoU!

Good luck during the holidays!!

Well my EEG was normal :hyper: NO seizure activity, but the new migraine trial (which actually is used in high blood pressure patients) had to be stopped.. My blood pressure is dangerously low.. My Dr called me at 7 pm, and I almost fainted.. I will call his secretary for an appointment tomorrow, and we will start another trial of something

Now for my surgeon appt.. I wish I could remember, or REMEMBER to write it down, or REMEMBER to ask him to do so... Apparently my MRI showed no tears???? I am like, so which MRI is accurate. He says this one because it was an arthrogram, and it can't be wrong.. He then mentions that i have a malformation in my bone???? The space in between the tendons and the bone should be about 1mm, and mine is several inches? There is a name, but beats me if I can remember.. He is about 80, and says he has only seen this about 6 times in his career. He advised to let the holidays pass and see him in February and we will consult with his surgeon who does scope surgery, as nothing is helping.. Brain patient with a stroke shouldn't go to these appts alone, one day I will realize this..

Aside from that, my son passed both his college evening courses :banana: and is registering in January for full time day :banana:.. This is a huge accomplishment, and I am over the moon..

I hope Tigg is ok.. and Pann as well as your daughter :hug::hug:
SeaSpray: I hope you are feeling better, and managing to rest some :hug:

Oh, did I mention we are having snow AGAIN.. :laughing: Tomorrow and Saturday, and then a giant Freezing rain scare/storm Sunday.. UGH...

I went for the second MRI today, this time with contrast. I was in there for an hour. The technician told me that she took extra pictures of "the area". :worried:

I've been out of work for 2 weeks, and I'll be going back tomorrow morning. At least I'm off on Wednesday and Thursday.

With the holiday this week, I don't know when I'll get the results of the MRI from today. My appointment with the ENT is in a couple of weeks.

mommasita: I have no idea what kind of cyst it is, or where it's located or anything. I'll find that out when they call me with the MRI results. I'm so glad that your EEG was normal! :sunny:

Congrats to your DS, mommasita!!! :yay:

pannm: I am so sorry to hear about your jaw! :( :( :( I hope the biospy comes back ok. :hug: I hope your daughter is feeling ok. When is your trip to Disney World??

I hope everyone is doing ok these days. :grouphug:

SeaSpray: Hoping things are kind of easy for your return, and thankfully it will be cut short!!!!!!!! Yes, you may wait a while for those results, hoping they are good results.

Well, we have had an ice storm since Friday, and it is finally over!!!!!!! No power lost here, and we are some of the lucky ones.. I must get to the mall for a last minute gift card, and tomorrow is the day :drive:.. Hoping the highways aren't too bad, because they advised us to stay off the roads all weekend if it wasn't necessary........ Oh yes, snow with that storm.. Weird..

Happy Holidays everyone.. Try and take it as easy as you all can.. This can be overwhelming and difficult for us...:santa:

Pitter: think of you all the time.

Gentle hugs everyone.

Hi everyone:

Haven't posted here since last year. (just a little new year's humor). :)

I had the ENT appt on Thursday. He numbed my left nostril and then put a scope in.... to look at my adenoid. Apparently there is a growth on the adenoid that shouldn't be there. I will be having surgery to have it removed. Just outpatient surgery, but he said I need to be put to sleep for it. He said he doesn't think it's "anything" which I'm sure he means "I don't think it's cancer", but it needs to be removed and biopsied. His office will call me next week to schedule the surgery.

So.... I got the call from my doctor's office regarding the second MRI, and I still don't know anything more than I did before. :confused3 The second MRI (with contrast) show a "node" in or near or something about my spinal cord or spinal column. I said "I thought they saw a cyst??" and the nurse said something about doing nothing for now, but that I have to go back for another MRI in 6 months.

It's not like me to not get ALL of the facts. My doctor's nurse is the person that called both times with the results; I've known her for years, but she apparently isn't good at conveying information. I almost felt like she didn't say much because she didn't want me to worry. I plan on calling my doctor's office again, and finding out what this cyst and/or node could be an indication of.

In other news.... we got about a foot and a half of snow. I didn't go to work yesterday (Friday), I have off today anyway, and I will go to work tomorrow. We're pretty much dug out, and the main roads are fine.

I worked on new year's day for a few hours. I get paid for 6 hours for the holiday anyway even if I didn't work, but for the hours that I went in to work I'll get time and a half on top of that. :) Since I was out of work for 2 weeks my last pay was literally ZERO. :crazy2:

I hope everyone is ok!! pixiedust: and :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!