fibro and autism and GAC ??? s

I too have fibro. Do yourself a favor and rent an ecv and use the bus and boat service. It's easy to do and you won't have to worry about stairs, pushing yourself with wheelchair etc.

At OKW you can boat right to DTD on the ecv. We do it from POFQ all the time. It's nice and the boat dock is closer than car parking.

are you planning on walking in any of the queues? if so, when you go to get your GAC, tell them that your medical condition prevents you from climbing stairs. Even if you can walk up or down stairs, in some lines you have to wait while standing on the stairs. When I was still walking I found this more difficult than simply climbing up and down. I think there might be a stamp to help you with this.

It sounds like both you and your child have issues that require the use of the GAC. If your needs are different, or if you're going to split up for any reason, you can get separate Guest Assistance Cards.

My suggestion though is to keep the wheelchair with you in queues as much as possible, as this is both the easiest place to push a chair (usually) because the ground is generally smooth and flat, and because you never know when the ride is going to break down or when the posted wait time is incorrect and you get stuck in the line for longer than planned.

My family has parked at the Contemporary and the Polynesian, ate at a restaurant (the guards at the gate of both resorts we'll ask what your purpose is at the hotel. They are stricter at these two resorts especially because the parking lots were full of people staying off-site who were trying not to have to pay for parking. Once my family was finished at the restaurant or store, we would sometimes go on to Magic Kingdom from there. in my experience, it would take no longer, or potentially much longer, get to your car in the hotel parking as in the standard Magic Kingdom parking lot.

I am not sure when your last visit was, nor do I know when it was created, but in addition to the regular accessible parking spaces with the blue signs and blue paint, there is now "overflow" medical parking. The result is that there is much more room near the front of the parking area for families like yours. This area does not require the use of a tram.

Can someone who has gone to Disney World recently confirm the medical overflow parking in the MK parking lot?

Also, can someone confirm that the boats between the resorts in the park can handle wheelchairs? I know that some boats are more than large enough, but some are smaller, cannot ever handle scooters, and I am not sure if they would accept even a folded wheelchair. Plus you have to climb down into it. Hopefully someone here has an answer to that question.

Have a wonderful trip!

I can confirm medical parking overflow at MK. They are quick to open it and close the regular medical lot and slow to reopen the medical lot later when spaces become available. I am often in the overflow looking at open spaces over there. : )

You should tell the CM at guest services that you can do some walking but you can't do stairs. The stamp I saw used for that did not say anything about stairs, but it fully addressed the concern. I believe the stamps will all state how to accommodate you rather than what your restrictions are. My son's says he needs to wait out of the sun or in the shade (don't remember which) rather than he can't wait in the sun.

Also, they are very good about ASD even since the recent events. We have seen no big changes. Renewing my son's GAC was the same, and how he has been directed at attractions has been the same. We have not been directed to use the regular line. Rarely have we been asked if our son could/would like to walk the regular queue, but if he couldn't it was fine. Even less often have we been directed to take him through the regular line, but he uses a scooter.

Have you considered renting scooter from off site? There are reputable companies that are much more economical than getting if at the parks.

Again, ty and sorry for delay was ironing a few hundred t shirts I think we have one with every Disney character lol!
The info about steps was v useful. We have discussed it dh and I and 2 cards is def the way to go and the manual chair I have folds easily so access to boats will be fine xx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter