Few things I've noticed.....here now!

firefly87

Mouseketeer
We have been in the parks since Thurs Nov. 15. Here's a few things I've noticed.......

They are no longer separating 4/5 day park hoppers at the Main Entrance.

We asked at a ticket booth if we could add a day to our hoppers from a 5 day to a 6 day. They would not upgrade at the old 6 day price. We would have to add a full price single day ticket at $125 each. Thanks.....but no thanks!!!! Instead we are going to take a down day tomorrow and sleep in, maybe do some shopping at DTD.

We watched the Holiday parade and also fireworks at the tiered area across from Small World. Great place to watch both!! You get to see Small World light up and the projections on there during the fireworks. Also, that is a place where it snows at the end of fireworks.

Mad T Party over in CA is interesting. We went thru it at night and it was thumping back there! Reminded me of a night club. I couldn't really tell for sure but it seemed like they had a bar area where they served alcohol back there. It was really popular with the younger crowd. It just seemed odd to me that it was right in front of a kid ride (Monsters Inc) and right next to Muppet Vision.

We watched the 2nd WOC show last night. The show was amazing as usual!! My MIL was at the first show and it was absolutely PACKED. We got FP's for the 2nd show and didn't really need them. Hardly anyone was there. I would highly suggest seeing the 2nd show if you can. You can walk up as the show starts and get a great viewing spot.

That's all for now......will post more later!!

Looks like they out Mad T Party where they used to have ElecTRONica before. It's a little clubby, but the kids loved it even saw some younger ones dancing around with their parents. The alcohol would be new though : o

I forgot to add that I ordered the Photo Pass Plus before we left and it has been well worth the money!!!! Between ride photos and posed photos, I probably have about 45 pictures so far.....and we still have 2 more days to go with a character breakfast!! I never order ride photos, but have gotten every one with this pass. if you are wondering if it's worth the money, I would have to say a definite YES!!

I forgot to add that I ordered the Photo Pass Plus before we left and it has been well worth the money!!!! Between ride photos and posed photos, I probably have about 45 pictures so far.....and we still have 2 more days to go with a character breakfast!! I never order ride photos, but have gotten every one with this pass. if you are wondering if it's worth the money, I would have to say a definite YES!!

Our next trip is a 3 generations (me, my dd, my mom), four days, we don't do character meals, and we go in the off season when there aren't as many photo pass people out. Would you recommend it for me? :scratchin

Our next trip is a 3 generations (me, my dd, my mom), four days, we don't do character meals, and we go in the off season when there aren't as many photo pass people out. Would you recommend it for me? :scratchin

Well, if you do 4 rides that have photos taken, you would almost pay for it. A digital download of your photo is $14.95, and digital download & 5x7 photo is $16.95 (I'm pretty sure...). Since the pre-order is $69.95, you would need to do 4 1/2 photos. Obviously you cant do a half photo, so let's make it 5. If you do a couple ride photos and 3 photo pass photographer pics, you would pay for it! I think it's do-able for you!

I don't know how it'll be when you go, but in early November 2012 (very off-season) DCA was just SWARMING with Photopass photographers, especially in Cars Land and Buena Vista Street. I wish we'd gotten more photos, but with 4 people and 2.5 days (2 days and the Halloween party) we managed to get more than 60 photos of us. This was without trying very hard, and only meeting 4 or 5 characters if I recall correctly. (I'd argue all the characters were fairly minor, though one photographer took quite a few photos while we were interacting with a character.) We could have easily hit 100 and frankly should have, but we got lazy. And that's all before cropping, adding borders, etc.

Our 11 ride photos are mostly terrible, but at least there is photographic proof I went on Tower of Terror!

Also, you can perhaps split the price with your mom? We split the cost between the 4 members of our party, making it less than $18 apiece.

Anyway, if you WANT photographs of your whole party for any reason, I'd say it's definitely worth it, even for a 3-day trip (and one could probably MAKE it worth it on a 2-day trip or maybe even a special occasion 1-day trip if you got a TON of photos).

Looks like they out Mad T Party where they used to have ElecTRONica before. It's a little clubby, but the kids loved it even saw some younger ones dancing around with their parents. The alcohol would be new though : o

Just wanted to let you all know, alcohol is not new to these events; drinks were served during ElecTRONica too. DGF and I split a Glow-tini, complete with a souvenir plastic martini glass that had color-changing lights built into the stem. I recall another drink was also sold with similar color-changing reusable ice cubes. There was the End of the Line bar and also a pop-up venue which was in front of the entrance to Animation Academy, and both served these drinks. I'm not sure if the food truck used to serve Tron drinks as well.

Now at Mad T Party, there's the Drink Me bar, and also whatever replaced the End of the Line bar. I think the food truck now serves drinks too.

ManusDei said:
Just wanted to let you all know, alcohol is not new to these events; drinks were served during ElecTRONica too. DGF and I split a Glow-tini, complete with a souvenir plastic martini glass that had color-changing lights built into the stem. I recall another drink was also sold with similar color-changing reusable ice cubes. There was the End of the Line bar and also a pop-up venue which was in front of the entrance to Animation Academy, and both served these drinks. I'm not sure if the food truck used to serve Tron drinks as well.

Now at Mad T Party, there's the Drink Me bar, and also whatever replaced the End of the Line bar. I think the food truck now serves drinks too.

I never knew that! Something to look forward to next June when we go!

Ok. I'm almost sold on PhotoPass+. We will be there in 5 weeks...when should I pre-order?

*Seanaci* said:
Ok. I'm almost sold on PhotoPass+. We will be there in 5 weeks...when should I pre-order?

I would order it now, I don't think there are any reasons to wait. I imagine the expiry on the pictures is from activation not order date, although I could be wrong.

Alcohol isn't new, they had it at ElecTRONica as well. I have some of the glow cups and cubes from both. I don't see it as an issue, they serve alcohol all over DCA. :)

pixiewings71 said:
Alcohol isn't new, they had it at ElecTRONica as well. I have some of the glow cups and cubes from both. I don't see it as an issue, they serve alcohol all over DCA. :)

And do you remember Glow Fest? That is when I believe they began having parties in the Hollywood area at night. They served alcohol as well, Glowtinis as well as other beverages. This was when World of Color premiered. :)

I remember the talk of Glow Fest, I never made it there but I did for ElecTRONica. :)

No more separation for 4/5 day park hoppers? YAY!
Not sure I'd say YAY, they are now requiring ID for all multiday passes, and it has really slowed the lines down. On an MM, it took me over 8 mins to enter in a line that only had about 15 people. So, 30 seconds per person....

I understand why they want to see ID, but it really is a hassle. I watched them turn people away yesterday because they didn't have a picture ID. A family was talking to a security person after they were turned away and a woman in her 40's I would say said "I left my license at home." The security officer said "So you drove here without a license."
My husband and I were appalled. First, that is none of his business, second, all she wants to do is go into the park not get a passport. We have been going to DIs for 30 years. I think they need to be careful how difficult they make it for people as they are first walking in. I appreciate the financial bottom line with trying to protect against those trying to skate the system, but it is up to them to find a better solution. Just my 2 cents.

I understand why they want to see ID, but it really is a hassle. I watched them turn people away yesterday because they didn't have a picture ID. A family was talking to a security person after they were turned away and a woman in her 40's I would say said "I left my license at home." The security officer said "So you drove here without a license."
My husband and I were appalled. First, that is none of his business, second, all she wants to do is go into the park not get a passport. We have been going to DIs for 30 years. I think they need to be careful how difficult they make it for people as they are first walking in. I appreciate the financial bottom line with trying to protect against those trying to skate the system, but it is up to them to find a better solution. Just my 2 cents.

I disagree, no adult should leave the house without some type of ID. And Disney has every right to ask for an ID for adults using park tickets. There is too much fraud, this has resulted in not being able to get 6 day park tickets. And honestly, I would have been appalled at the thought that she left her license at home and drove without it. I take mine everywhere with me, I always have ID on me, even if I'm not driving.

pixiewings71 said:
I disagree, no adult should leave the house without some type of ID. And Disney has every right to ask for an ID for adults using park tickets. There is too much fraud, this has resulted in not being able to get 6 day park tickets. And honestly, I would have been appalled at the thought that she left her license at home and drove without it. I take mine everywhere with me, I always have ID on me, even if I'm not driving.

I agree with you! And I would have asked that same question as the guard!! How are you going to use a credit card with no ID? What happens if your child gets lost and they want ID to prove who you are???!!! Some of these people complaining about this is crazy. Even if you DON'T use a credit card, you should always have ID on you. God FORBID something should happen to you, what if they can't identify you and you are unconscious? Just get over it and pop an ID in your purse/wallet/husbands wallet/diaper bag/backpack!!!!

also agree. You need your ID every where you go so why would you ever leave it at home? And why would anyone think its wrong to ask for ID in this day and age?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter