Festival of the Lion King

TallyTutter

Mouseketeer
We will be at WDW June 3 - 6, a short trip before the summer madness. The Festival of the Lion King is closed for rehab, does anyone know when it's supposed to open again? What about Guitar Dan, will he still be at Animal Kingdom now that Camp Mickey Minnie is closed?

We will be at WDW June 3 - 6, a short trip before the summer madness. The Festival of the Lion King is closed for rehab,

1- does anyone know when it's supposed to open again?

2- What about Guitar Dan, will he still be at Animal Kingdom now that Camp Mickey Minnie is closed?

1- Unknown. It might very well reopen at some point in your trip.

2- He now performs at DAK's Rafiki's Planet Watch.

Thanks Robo! We always look forward to the Festival of the Lion King, it's a definite DON'T MISS!

I also see that Off Kilter is not scheduled to play @ EPCOT in June. I wonder if the schedule is not out yet or if they truly are not going to be performing. Another bummer if they are not scheduled.

Just being at WDW is an incredible stress reducer but we sure will miss our "must see" performers & attractions.

I also see that Off Kilter is not scheduled to play @ EPCOT in June. I wonder if the schedule is not out yet or if they truly are not going to be performing. Another bummer if they are not scheduled. [/SIZE]

In general, there's no way to know if Off Kilter is or is not scheduled in June.

They don't post actual schedules this far in advance.

If you are looking at the "official" WDW calendar, I suggest that you STOP
doing so and erase it's link from your favorites.
That calendar is so filled with inaccurate information that it can cause
tremendous undue stress.

While NO calendar is (or could be) 100% accurate,
the WDW Travel Agent Calendar is consistently the earliest-listed
and best-maintained (frequently updated) of all of the on-line calendars.

May TA Calendar (Posted the preceeding Mid-October)

June TA Calendar (Posted the preceeding Mid-November)

July TA Calendar (Posted the preceeding Mid-December)

That calendar does not list individual entertainment events (other than parades and fireworks) because their schedules are created much closer to
the actual date.

--------

However, below is a great site to keep BOOKMARKED for future reference.

The following site posts the stage shows, in-park and other on-property shows and their times for the CURRENT week.
(It is updated every weekend.)
The times may be "similar" for other dates as well.

Click below-

Steve Soares' TIMES GUIDE Site

or go to www.wdwent.com

Click on the colored links for the various parks
to open their listings and view their show times.

Be sure to check back to the site as the actual dates of your trip get closer.
----------------------

Anyone have any idea when FOTLK will return for the daily shows? We leave next week for Disney and hope to see it on June 8th since that's after Harambe Nights starts.

I just got a FP+ for FoLK for June 12. :cool1:

We will be there on the 29th july, I made my FP+ 2 days ago, and didn't take FOTLK, :confused3 ...but EE ride with FP around 10 , dinosaur around 10.30 and kali around 1.30pm.
We are newbie, do you think it's best to take FP+ for the midday show of the lion king instead of Dinosaur or Everest for instance, at the end of july ? TIA :hippie:

edit : I have just tried to change EE morning vs Lion King but FP+ for the lion king seem to be stuck up to 28th june, and no after ???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter