• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Festival of Fantasy Fp+-Yes or No?

williamscm3

DIS Veteran
Our FP+ date is only 2 days away and this is the only one I'm unsure of. Are there plenty of spots to view this parade around the frontierland end of it? If we don't get the FP for it, how far in advance should we start searching for a spot? I know asking if it's worth it is very subjective, but would anyone like to give any reasons why they may or may not recommend getting a FP for this? Thanks!

We did FOF FP last April (a few weeks after the fof parade started) and we absolutely loved it! The roped off area isn't packed at all and you had room to breathe! Plus we really enjoyed the fast pass because you didn't have to line up hours ahead of time for the parade. With kids in tow it was nice to get there 1/2 hour before the parade, where we could take a nice snack break and put sunscreen on before the parade started. I think we were more productive by having this fast pass!

I don't know how popular the parade is now. When we went it was brand spanking new, so it was worth it for us. Enjoy!

we went in April and we got spots on Main Street. It was definitely packed like crazy but we got there at like 2:30 and got an almost front seat. We were comfortable and didn't feel like sardines but it was still crowded. It was also hot as head (had to be the hottest day of the week) and even with sun tan lotion me and my son still got burned. It was fun to see but I don't think that will be on our to do list this time around. Plus the fact that EVERYONE is there so it might free up some of the rides, lol.

We went to the FoF parade for the first time two weeks ago. It was the Saturday of Labour day weekend and the MK was opened until 2 am, so all in all a moderately busy day.

We found a nice shady spot in Frontierland about a half an hour before the parade started. There were still plenty of spots available in the direct sun, even as the parade went by us.

We regretted using a fastpass for F of F because the FP location is in the blazing sun and we were there in July. It was extremely hot. You wouldn't have that problem in two months.

Even without the heat being a factor, I don't think we'd fastpass any parade again. It's a great view, but we like watching from frontierland

Used a FP for the parade in June. It was hot, hot, hot. But since it was such a great area, with the Castle right behind the parade spot we were in, we toughed it out...for 30 mins! Then, at 2:57, they announced that the parade wasn't going to go on....too big a chance of rain! So, we basically wasted a FP on it...sure, we could get something else, but nothing of interest was left.
I have watched it several times and it's not all that tough to get a spot 30 mins prior. If you want to be on the curb, you may want to stake out a spot 45 mins prior.

Thanks everyone! I'm leaning more towards not getting one I think. On the day in question we will not be taking a mid day break with our 5 year old(yea I'm kinda nervous about this!) so maybe finding a shady spot in frontierland and relaxing for 45 minutes before won't be a bad thing. Thanks for all your input!

I debated getting a FP for this but ended up not and we went and found a PERFECT spot in frontierland in the shade :) it's my go to spot from now on lol so you don't really need one if your willing to wait it out a little bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter