Fess up! Who else is planning on a trip to the grocery store, SNOW COMING

I'm set for food personally. I still have a turkey in my freezer if need be! I know alot of people at Belvoir that can't get out and the commissary is closed still. I offered to go to the store for some friends and have them meet at the end of the street or something. All this snow is making me want to take up drinking!

I've eaten a LOT of brownies. I'm surprised my jeans still fit this morning.

Nope, not me. I do my shopping on Sunday mornings. We never get snowed in for more than 24 hours (36 hours at the very most) so I just don't buy into the hysteria. If we run out of milk no biggie, DS will drink something else for the day and we won't eat cereal. I just don't get why people stock up like crazy, especially around here. Unless you live in the city where the streets do get bad (snow plows have a hard time in there) no reason you can't be out in about 24 hours. We got 17 inches on Friday night/Saturday and by Saturday night I ran out to get a pizza and movies and the roads were passable and the majors were clear less than 24 hours after it started. Now if this were an ICE storm, my answer would be completely different ;)

I usually don't go out to the grocery store either, but I have on both of our big storms.

I do my shopping on Sundays. I cook meals all week so by Friday, I'm usually out of food and we are doing carryout until Sunday again. Both of these storms were Friday night storms so by Friday I had no milk, about one egg, nothing left to make an entree, nothing for lunch, and so on. I hated being in the stores those days--what a mess. But I am a food snob and canned soup for 2 days doesn't work for me. So, I guess I'm guilty as charged for grocery store raids.

....HECk with the grocery store - my DS and his GF are scheduled to leave out of Newark for WDW tomorrow morning!! YIKES!! :scared1: :scared:

I am, I am. :yay:
We need toilet paper. Believe me when I say, in house with 4 females, you can never have enough TP! :)

....HECk with the grocery store - my DS and his GF are scheduled to leave out of Newark for WDW tomorrow morning!! YIKES!! :scared1: :scared:

Hopefully the snow wont be that bad tomorrow morning. I hear about 3-6 by the morning rush. Good Luck!

I had decided I was not going anywhere near a grocery store for this storm. I figured that DH and I could survive with what was in the pantry/fridge... BUT this morning DDIL called and asked if DDG could come and have a pajama party during the snowstorm since I'll probably have off from school tomorrow. There is no way I could say no...DDG is 3 and we love having her. The only thing is now I need to go and get some juice and crackers for her. :rotfl:

We're expecting 9" here today/tomorrow, I know that is not as much as some of you have had, but yes I did go to the store yesterday. I bought the weekly groceries last Friday, but yesterday I got milk, eggs, etc. and refilled a prescription that I had planned on refilling later in the week. Now I can stay indoors for the next 3 days and not have to get out in the snow and mess. :)

I doubt that there is any food in the stores here if people even need it. The news was showing the stores on Saturday and they had nothing and I don't know how they could have stocked up by now. What a mess around here.

My neighborhood Safeway (that I can easily walk to, even in thesnow we already have) hasn't had power for a while and was throwing out food last night. No school today or tomorrow, they're calling for at least around 10" and last time I heard the wind tomorrow is going to be sustained of 20mph with gusts above 30.

The kids will have had a 6-day weekend (at least). We've already used up all our "free" snow days, have lost Presidents' Day as a holiday, lost the student holiday/teacher workday in April, had an extra day tacked-on to the end of school in June... if the school system gets another snow-day, we won;t make that up but if they get TWO more snow-days, there will be yet another day tacked-on at the end of school *again*.

ugh.
agnes!

Grocery store raiding is the worst, hive-mind thing you can do in these situations. It is SNOW. The roads will be clear in a day or two.

Dh and I went last night. I didnt want to deal with the rush and crazyiness today. We are suppose to get 12-18 inches here in Long Island NY. With 3 young adult ds I am sure they will be eating us out of house and home. I spent like $150 so hope it will last for a while. It seems when its storm crazy my ds go food crazy:)

Just got back! I did the really big grocery shopping on Friday ($300 worth!). Of course I still needed to run out today - more juice, milk, water, toilet tissue, snacks etc.) The store wasn't too bad, but all the cashiers are bracing for the 5:00 stampede!

Grocery store raiding is the worst, hive-mind thing you can do in these situations. It is SNOW. The roads will be clear in a day or two.

:rotfl2: :lmao: !!!
Not here they won't.

And while I'm here on this thread would someone please tell the maroon who passed me on that ice-covered no-passing (when you can see the road) side-street in his SUV that he should expect to be flipped-off by normally mild-mannered drivers and that he rrrrreally shouldn't suddenly stop his car in front of normally mild-mannered driver's car, jump out and yell "What was *that* for?!?" in an injured-tone.

Other driver yelled back "Clean all that ice and snow off the top of your car" since it had a huge chunk of snow that will come off and create a hazard. BTW, Mr. Maroon was an able-bodied man of about 30 or so.

Best of all was when he almost spun-out in his SUV as he revved his engine and tried to speed off on the inches-thick ice.

agnes!

Not here they won't.

And while I'm here on this thread would someone please tell the maroon who passed me on that ice-covered no-passing (when you can see the road) side-street in his SUV that he should expect to be flipped-off by normally mild-mannered drivers and that he rrrrreally shouldn't suddenly stop his car in front of normally mild-mannered driver's car, jump out and yell "What was *that* for?!?" in an injured-tone.

Other driver yelled back "Clean all that ice and snow off the top of your car" since it had a huge chunk of snow that will come off and create a hazard. BTW, Mr. Maroon was an able-bodied man of about 30 or so.

Best of all was when he almost spun-out in his SUV as he revved his engine and tried to speed off on the inches-thick ice.

agnes!

agnes--what is a maroon???? Was he in a maroon SUV?

Did you get a plow yet. It seems that all my buddies in Fairfax still haven't seen a plow.

I not only went to the grocery store, but also to Sam's Club!!:lmao: These stupid storms are killing my grocery bill. I buy way too much impulse stuff when snow's forecast. Glad I'm not alone!

Not here they won't.

agnes!

I don't know why people around here lose their minds with a few inches of snow. I saw a guy make a LEFT on red yesterday afternoon. He was very careful and stopped at the light, looked both ways and turned. :scared1:

Hey buddy, just because there is snow does not mean normal traffic laws are suspended. :confused3

I'm in NY so dh would drive to the grocery store tomorrow in the storm if we needed anything but those poor people down south. They don't have the capabilities to clean up after 2 ft of snow and now they are going to get another foot. They may not be cleared out until April :laughing: Sorry guys, I do feel for you , I really do.

agnes--what is a maroon???? Was he in a maroon SUV?

Did you get a plow yet. It seems that all my buddies in Fairfax still haven't seen a plow.

Oh, it's just another way of saying "MORON" :teeth: .

Yes, we've had pick-up trucks with attached snowplows come through, but the cul-de-sacs on our street have hardly been touched and at least one of them hasn't seen a snow-plow AT ALL.

Hey, did you know it's against the law for people to plow out their own street? Yep, supposedly people who aren't government-contractors (to clear the streets) simply aren't allowed to do it. So, even though some of my neighbors have a snow-plow attached to their large pick-up truck I am not allowed to have them plow our street.

Yeah, yeah, yeah I GET it that there's liability issues but I'm thinking it's more of a liability that three days after the storm some streets are still unpassable.

agnes!

I made a trip to the store today but I stop there every tuesday night after classes, today I got to go about 8 hours earlier than usual because my night classes were cancelled!!! :banana: Now I'm at home cleaning and waiting for the next 18-24 inches to pile on top of the 26 inches we got over the weekend. I'm so excited, I love snow!

Be safe everyone! :goodvibes

Nope, no store run for me. We already have a stocked fridge and cupboards :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter