FE's on airplanes

Mom22tinks

Earning My Ears
Hi, I just finished all my FE's and wrapped them. I was planning on checking my luggage on the plane. Has anyone had a problem with them going thru the suitcases for "security" and unwrapping the FE's? I'm wondering if I should even have bothered wrapping them in tissue paper. Any thoughts?

We put our FE gifts as a carryon.

DH is planning on doing that again.

We haven't had a problem with it.

wuv tigger

We checked our FE's and didn't have any problem. We put a bunch of goodies in a little goody bag and then all those bags went into one big bag.

I mailed a small box with our FE goodies to the hotel and then carried the box on in the morning. We always travel with too much stuff and I worried about the FE things getting damaged

I mailed a small box with our FE goodies to the hotel and then carried the box on in the morning. We always travel with too much stuff and I worried about the FE things getting damaged

That is my plan as well, and I'm including an extra bag in the box for all the things we buy while on vacation!

I did the same as Cheri. I mailed my stuff ahead of time to the resort and then carried the box with me on board. It was waiting for me at POP when I got there. Security might make you unwrap your stuff. They usually recommend not wrapping Xmas presents until you get where you are going so they may have a problem with your gifts. Our luggage didn't get stopped coming back through MCO but my DH got swabbed for the swine flu and my daughters DS got looked at for the chip inside. We literally had hundreds of gifts with us.

We carried ours on, no problems. And then used the same carryon on the way home to bring back anything breakable we bought (Christmas ornaments and such).

If you're staying at WDW the night before, look at the cost of shipping vs. the cost of an extra suitcase on the plane. It may well be worth your while to ship to the resort.

It is unlikely that you'll have your stuff unwrapped by ship's security people. Airlines are another story.

We put our FE in checked luggage with no problem.

Woody

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter