• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fellowship of the fisheye

Speedy traffic!

p1031312916-5.jpg

So I got the Rokinin 8mm fisheye. I have a question. While using it in Av mode on my Canon 7D camera when my camera meter says the photo is properly exposed, the photo actually comes out quite over exposed. I am having to under expose by at least a stop or more. I was wondering is this normal with this lens? Or do I have a bad copy :(

I have the Opteka version of the Rokinon. My D5100 will not recognize the lens so I am limited to shoot in Manual only. So therefore there is no metering.

I have been looking at the photos and really like the fish eye effect. Is there a good entry level fish eye lens? I have a Canon T3.

So I got the Rokinin 8mm fisheye. I have a question. While using it in Av mode on my Canon 7D camera when my camera meter says the photo is properly exposed, the photo actually comes out quite over exposed. I am having to under expose by at least a stop or more. I was wondering is this normal with this lens? Or do I have a bad copy :(

Do you have some sample shots you can share? That can help to determine if the problem is the lens or if the shooting conditions are problematic.

I use mine on a Canon 50D in Manual Mode. You will find that the exposure meter may not always be the best measure, just given the wideness of the scene and the potential variety of light sources. I find my metering works best if I am using evaluative (not spot) and I am either filling the shot with my subject or the overall lighting is even (dawn or dusk landscapes). Remember, your histogram is your friend with this lens and don't be afraid to use fill flash when shooting outdoors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter