• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fellowship of the fisheye

Salt & Vinegar cricket anyone?

p591081980-5.jpg

Tasty!

p854640996-5.jpg

Time for another bump.

What do you do when the elevator is stuck and you await rescue? Fisheye time!

Rokinon 8mm on a Canon EOS 50D

p840023588-5.jpg

p873634996-5.jpg

and the all important self-portrait

p716330120-4.jpg

It's funny, I took my fisheye to WDW and ended up using it a whole lot more at Kennedy Space Center. At Disney the kids were constantly pulling me along so I didn't get many chances to stop and take shots. Next trip (sadly not for about 5 years) they'll be old enough to go off on their own and leave me alone. LOL

So here's some KSC shots. I'm still getting a feel for this lens, but these don't entirely suck. They're cropped 16:9 because I did a video and have been too lazy to export jpegs of the original aspect ratio.

i-kdjrNX7-M.jpg

i-Nrdswh4-M.jpg

i-wsV4WNL-M.jpg

I'm still really impressed by the contrast, color reproduction and overall clarity of this lens.

Those elevator doors reminded me that we don't see nearly enough portrait orientation shots with a fisheye. I have like 2. What it is about that lens that has me forgetting to turn the camera?

MG7275-2-M.jpg

I agree you can get some different viewpoints using a portrait orientation, especially on a crop body where you don't get the "full circle".

p548033886-5.jpg

...and yes, that is part of my finger in the frame :sad2: but I am too lazy to edit it :rolleyes1.

This is from my Flicr account...not sure how to tag it appropriately here with the "clickable" link

5966071482_715beb86e4_b.jpg

My Opteka 6.5mm f3.5 fisheye just arrived today. WOW it's wide. I am not used to an Ultra Wide. I hit my DW's nose when taking her pic. I cant wait to take this lens out soon to shoot with it....

Home Sweet Home by Harry Shields, on Flickr

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter