Fell in love with the Dream..Will the Wonder live up to our expectations?

chrissycassie

DisneyLOVE
We sailed the Dream for 4 nights in a family stateroom with veranda and fell in LOVE....It was our first cruise and we needed more time to enjoy all the fun!! We would like to cruise again but for a week this time on the Wonder. We can get a really great deal for a cruise in the Mexican Riviera. Will it be as wonderful as the dream? Will is be as clean? Will the rooms be as nice? Will the shows be as fun and entertaining? I'd love to hear any opinions for those of you that have sailed on both ships. Thank you!!

I haven't sailed on the Dream, but I looooved the wonder. Everything was classy, beautiful, and clean. The rooms were always clean and service was impeccable. I loooved the bed. Usually, I have a hard time getting used to a different bed than my own, but this bed was like a cloud and I had 4 awesome sleeps on it.
Entertainment, I sadly missed out on, as there was so much to do, but my table mates said the shows were awesome. Crowds weren't bad and had plenty of space in the pools. I also like the easy access layout of the ship. Wasn't hard to navigate :)
Service everywhere was amazing. From the serving team to the spa workers to random cm's that you pass by.

Oh yes, you will love it!!!...quicker to get from point A to point B as well!! LOL!!!!

The Magic and Wonder do not have all the same technology that the Dream does....but....they are wonderful ships, clean and well maintained. They have a more intimate feel about them and the staff is wonderful!!!

I actually prefer the stage shows on the Magic/Wonder than on the Dream (except Golden Mickey's...love that show).

MJ

I've done the Wonder, Dream, and then the Wonder again last week. I like the Wonder as much if not more than the Dream in almost all areas except 2. My 4 year old liked the kids club and splash area on the Dream a lot more than on the Wonder. She still had fun though. Enough so that we booked another trip on the Wonder next year.

We have been on the Magic 4 times and 2 times on the Dream. We are on the Wonder 2 weeks from today for the very first time. The Ships have their special touches. And no matter what you are on a Disney Cruise so have fun.

If the Wonder lives up to expectations compared to the Dream depends on what you loved about the Dream. Looking at the things you listed, I would say that you will definately enjoy the Wonder -- yes, the ship is clean and well maintained (they are always cleaning and painting); the rooms are nice (we actually like the Magic/Wonder rooms better); the shows are just as entertaining. If you had listed all the new perks -- the AquaDuck, the animated art, the champagne bar, etc -- that the Dream has that the classic ships do not, then I think you might be comparing and finding the classic ships lacking. But the service levels are just as high, the crew just as friendly and to me, most importantly, the crowds smaller! Enjoy the Wonder!

I was wondering the same thing....we just sailed our first cruise on the Dream and it was amazing! Only 3 Nights so definately too short! We rebooked a 7 Night while on board and I am debating trying one of the smaller ships.

My only fear is that we may actually "feel" the ship moving. We did not feel a thing during the day on the Dream and barely a rocking during dinner and at night in bed. But with the older shps being smaller, do I need to worry about sea sickness because it will be moving much more?

I don't think it's as much the size of the ship for feeling the motion as the itinerary. In the MR you will definitely feel motion, regardless of the size of ship. my first cruise to the MR was on a large Carnival ship, and I felt the motion the same as on the Wonder.

Much depends on the weather on the trip down--we went on our cruise last March with horrendous wind and rain the first night, even the crew was feeling it more than usual, you couldn't even walk down the hall without falling over. But that's totally unusual, and weather dependent. Coming back, they do go pretty fast on the last night so you do feel it too.

I've sailed aboard the Magic, Wonder and the Dream. While they are all three amazing ships the Wonder is my personal favorite. She is something special!

It depends on what you expect. Aquaduck--no. High tech "treats" no. An amazing vacation, super staff, great shows in a theater that is technically more advanced than some Broadway theaters--absolutely. Clean and well maintained--definitely.

Might there be some rust on your balcony--maybe. If so, report it and it will be repaired during your cruise. If there is anything wrong in the stateroom, report it--it will be repaired.

This summer on the Magic we saw not only our stateroom host, but also a housekeeping supervisor who came buy just to ask if everything was in good repair and working well and if there was anything we needed.

And you'll have the smaller, more intimate, friendly ship.

I have done the Wonder twice and the Dream twice and if I had to make a chic, I prefer the Wonder. Not as many bells and whistle but I prefer the smaller kids clubs, we didn't even go on the Aquaduck the last cruise, and we LOVE the Toy Story show!
I know even some of the staff who used to be on the Wonder and were put on the Dream has since transferred back to the Wonder. Whereas most I know who started on the Dream are going to Germany to bring the Fantasy over and remain apart of its new crew...

We have done 8 cruises on the Magic and Wonder, then did B2Bs on the Dream this summer. We have a Magic cruise booked for next summer. DH and I both agreed, as much as we loved the Dream, we wil not feel bad, or like we are missing anything, going back on the Magic next year. There are actually some points that I prefer on the original ships.

We sailed the Dream for 4 nights in a family stateroom with veranda and fell in LOVE....It was our first cruise and we needed more time to enjoy all the fun!! We would like to cruise again but for a week this time on the Wonder. We can get a really great deal for a cruise in the Mexican Riviera. Will it be as wonderful as the dream? Will is be as clean? Will the rooms be as nice? Will the shows be as fun and entertaining? I'd love to hear any opinions for those of you that have sailed on both ships. Thank you!!

We have done 4 cruises on the Wonder and 2 on the Magic...and we're hoping the Dream (upcoming B2B) lives up to our expectations from the Wonder!! We absolutely love the Wonder...so much so we have 2 more cruises booked on her. :yay:

Chrissycassie, you'll have a great cruise whether on the classic ships or the beautiful new ones! Book your next cruise and enjoy.

Interesting thread! Iam actually very nervous about our cruise next summer on the Magic after sailing on the Dream this past summer (our first cruise). We loved it! I mean really loved it!! I am afraid we'll hate the older ship, but booked it because it's sailing out of NYC and we live very near the city so no airfare...big savings. This thread is very comforting...trying to keep an open mind but still thinking of switching to a Dream/Fantasy cruise...argghhh. The classic ships seem to have their fans..maybe we'll become one of them.

Never been on the dream but thing about wonder is there is really a personal touch to it. You feel at home. To answer your question, yes in all probability you will enjoy the wonder as much as you enjoyed the dream, but maybe not in the same way. Dream / fantasy are more technology driven, Magic / wonder IMO are more classy and personal.

We've been on the Dream once for 5 nights this past July and the Magic/Wonder a combined 13 times (with a Magic cruise on 11/26 coming up). We LOVED certain aspects of the Dream but we are just as excited about going back on the Magic. As someone else wrote earlier, it feels like going home.

We were on the Dream 3 weeks ago and she is a great ship with alot of amazing features but we really did not have time to explor them on out 3 night cruise. My favorite ship is the Magic. We have sailed on her twice and loved it. The cabins are a little bigger and I prefer the split beds. My DGDs are 12 and 17 so have not had much to do with the clubes so I can't compare them. As far as the service it was great on all the ships however on the Dream we only saw our cabin attenent on the first day, whereas on the other ships he was much more visable. Maybe they are spread thinner or their cabins are spread out more. Taking arournd our FEgifts was easier the halls were shorter. The shows were great on all the ships afterall were are talking Disney here. Which ever ship you cruise on you will have a Disney experience,the caracters, the attention to detail, the shows, and the service can not be beat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter