• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fell in love with concierge hosts....

Just back from a B2B cruise on the Wonder and had an awesome time and the weather was pretty much as nice as it could be.

The hosts in concierge for our cruise were Glen, Salina and Guilherme and they made our time on board incredible with all that they did. This was our first cruise with Guilherme and he was amazing with our DD. She wont stop talking about hanging out with "G".

Cant wait to go back.

We are sailing B2B on the Wonder in May and they said our hosts (that they know right now) would be Christelle and Guilherme. Since Glen is going on vacation, I'm guessing Salina will be the third host. I'm glad to hear that you liked them. I was hoping to have Glen as a host since I have heard so many great things about him. I was also disappointment to hear that Rodrigo is moving to the Dream (he is an awesome host). But it sounds like we will be in good hands and get to meet some great new (to us) hosts :)

Two of our favorites left the Dream for the Fantasy (although one was kind of a floater between the two). One of our favorites left with her husband (our favorite head server) and moved to the Magic. Another of our favorites just moved to the Fantasy. We still have another favorite with the Fantasy. We have what appears to be a dream team for a lot of people for our cruise next week. Amanda (love her), Ashley (love him) and Tawanda, who a lot of people rave about.

Many of them are on an 8-month contract from conversations I've had with them. They tend to go on vacation for 2 months and then return.

Now if I could just keep my favorite bartenders either healthy, on the Fantasy or with DCL I'd be doing pretty well. I have two left. Everybody else has either left the company, moved boats or been injured and had to leave to heal.
You definitely have a dream team! Ashley & Tawanda are beyond top notch.

You definitely have a dream team! Ashley & Tawanda are beyond top notch.

We ended up with Amanda, Erika and Tawanda. Amanda is always wonderful. Tawanda was great. Erika was incredible. We have since seen Amanda and Erika again on our last cruise, even though we weren't cruising Concierge, and were able to catch up with both of them for a while. The hosts are the reason I want to go back to Concierge. Everything else is just gravy.

We ended up with Amanda, Erika and Tawanda. Amanda is always wonderful. Tawanda was great. Erika was incredible. We have since seen Amanda and Erika again on our last cruise, even though we weren't cruising Concierge, and were able to catch up with both of them for a while. The hosts are the reason I want to go back to Concierge. Everything else is just gravy.
We havent had any of those hosts yet.

Looking forward to meeting them one day.

Two of our favorites left the Dream for the Fantasy (although one was kind of a floater between the two). One of our favorites left with her husband (our favorite head server) and moved to the Magic. Another of our favorites just moved to the Fantasy. We still have another favorite with the Fantasy. We have what appears to be a dream team for a lot of people for our cruise next week. Amanda (love her), Ashley (love him) and Tawanda, who a lot of people rave about.

Many of them are on an 8-month contract from conversations I've had with them. They tend to go on vacation for 2 months and then return.

Now if I could just keep my favorite bartenders either healthy, on the Fantasy or with DCL I'd be doing pretty well. I have two left. Everybody else has either left the company, moved boats or been injured and had to leave to heal.

Just curious — how do you know in advance what servers u are having for your future cruise ?

Yup Tracey left. She was on my top 3 list. I have not seen much love on this thread for PJ. Also Amanada is great and I believe is the lead...

We love Andy, we sailed with him on the Magic transatlantic last year, we so enjoyed visiting with him. Also, sailed with Glenn a few times on the wonder, he was always super helpful with everything.

They are all amazing. We've had Tawanda, Michelle, Rodrigo, Glenn, Andy, Linda (no longer with DCL), Joann (no longer with DCL), Selina, Ashley, Vesna (switched to Guest Services, I think?) and Guilherme.

The best part is when you have them multiple times and they remember little things about your family. Really makes you feel at home <3

Just curious — how do you know in advance what servers u are having for your future cruise ?

You don't. If you're Concierge you have a good chance of getting who you ask for. You have a decent chance if you aren't but specifically request somebody. But you never know if you're going to get your requested servers until you get them.

Yup Tracey left. She was on my top 3 list. I have not seen much love on this thread for PJ. Also Amanada is great and I believe is the lead...

I adore PJ. He's been transferred to the Dream, though, and I rarely cruise the Dream because the cruises are far too short.

Did Andy really transfer to the Fantasty?! Devastating! We are classic ship people and I was already bummed that Michelle went to the Dream. Michelle and Andy were SUCH a great team. We had a giant problem one transatlantic and Michelle was the "get it done" gal while Andy was the "it'll be alright" guy.

Bummed to not know the hosts on the Wonder.. we have been on the Magic the last several times and was hoping to see some familiar faces on the Wonder for Alaska this summer. I'm sure the new ones will be wonderful though!

They're transferring and moving a lot of people around right now in Concierge. They've started training new people and shuffling old in preparation for the new ships, so you never know if one of your favorites will be on your cruise. The whole staff is in flux and will be for a while.

Did Andy really transfer to the Fantasty?! Devastating! We are classic ship people and I was already bummed that Michelle went to the Dream. Michelle and Andy were SUCH a great team. We had a giant problem one transatlantic and Michelle was the "get it done" gal while Andy was the "it'll be alright" guy.

Bummed to not know the hosts on the Wonder.. we have been on the Magic the last several times and was hoping to see some familiar faces on the Wonder for Alaska this summer. I'm sure the new ones will be wonderful though!
Michelle we heard is on the Fantasy now with Andy.

The Wonder hosts last week were Glenn, Salina, and Guilherme. Glenn has been on the Wonder for many years and Salina and Guilherme just came over from the Fantasy.

You wont be disappointed as they took great care of our family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter