Feeling very Christmassy!

Squidge

Mouseketeer
Evening all! :wave2:

Sorry if this is a bit of a random thread by DP (Steve) is out tonight so I have spent the last hour wrting my DISBoard Christmas cards! :Pinkbounc Resulted in my feeling very Christmassy indeed!! :banana: There is a chicken casserole in the slow cooker, a glass of red on my table and 3 helpings of Corrie -bliss!

Anyone else feeling the festive spirit at the mo? Got pretty much all my pressies sorted now so almost ready just to get stuck into the food, drink and wonderful atmosphere of Christmas!

LOve & hugs to all

I can't seem to get Christmassy just yet - maybe when December arrives - though the weather is definitely getting in the mood for Christmas!!

Evening Di! Very chilly here in the West Country too! Hard frost tonight I think. I am afraid I am a bit of a Christmas nut! Try my hardest to make this year a good one for DP as well, as he really hasnt had very much fun at Christmas since his mum died (10 years ago) - fingers crossed he seems to be loving it already!

Thanks Di! I think he is coming round - been playing the Muppet Christmas Carol for the last month or so hehe!

Right off to do some wrapping I think - have a good one everyone!!

Squidge said:
Anyone else feeling the festive spirit at the mo? Got pretty much all my pressies sorted now so almost ready just to get stuck into the food, drink and wonderful atmosphere of Christmas!

YESSSSSSSS I'm feeling very festive right now and I'm so glad it's not just me... I know it's early but my tree went up today.

Posted my international xmas cards today, done loads of wrapping and as it is freezing :cold: in Goole I am certainly feeling christmassy!

16.gif

Jodie

tialucy said:
YESSSSSSSS I'm feeling very festive right now and I'm so glad it's not just me... I know it's early but my tree went up today.
I was just about to post that I know you are feeling very festive, I saw your earlier post about putting your tree up!

We don't normally put our tree up until after the 14th (DD's birthday) but as we will be away this Christmas (wonder where??? ;) :teeth: ) we are going to put it up earlier, probably the weekend of the 3rd/4th December.

However, I have been feeling much more Christmassy than I normally do in November, I have been playing Christmas carols while I write my cards. Think it must be all the mention of DLP at Christmas on this board! :rotfl:

I don't feel Christmassy at all....but I have hardly bought anything yet and I don't usually feel Christmassy until December anyway. I am hoping my Disney trip will put me in a festive mood, but I need to get everything sorted by the 16th December.......so that I can really enjoy it!

Hi Elaine, It's the first time I've put it up so early, it's just that it's all over so quickly so I wanted to stretch it out a bit!! Also we will be away "somewhere" just before xmas. Go on be a Devil........ put your tree up!!

OK, now you are all making me feel very guilty - my kids always want our tree up really early, and I only ever want to put it up right before Christmas, usually the first day of the school holidays and we all do it together!!! Must be a throw back to my childhood - we always did the tree on Christmas eve!

Now I feel a bit scrooge like - making everybody wait so long, I think I must be an old meanie!!!!! :guilty:

Kaye

PS Its not that I don't like Christamas, you understand - I'm loving the whole Secret Santa thing :love: , and we always make lots of gingerbread and everything!

Did somebody mention Christmas :teeth: What makes you think I'm into this time of year ;)

ohh... we sorted our secret santa @ work today! i got all excited... lol

and on saturday we got stuck in traffic for 30 mins or so... put on an xmas cd! we were singing and dancing along!

ely3857 said:
Posted my international xmas cards today, done loads of wrapping and as it is freezing :cold: in Goole I am certainly feeling christmassy!

16.gif

Jodie

Oooh, I didn't realise there was anyone else on the DLP forum from this part of the country (except Superdooie of course)! *waves from Hull* :)

I am not really feeling very Christmassy yet, but that's probably because I've been quite poorly lately and haven't been out much. I usually start feeling festive when I start going to the late-night shopping evenings and to see the tree in town!

I'm feeling very Christmassy. Children are both rehearsing for their Nativity plays so we rehearse their songs with them each evening. Emily brings home something festive she's made almost every day at Pre-School and they're being put up in the kitchen. Presents are about 90% bought but none are wrapped - I hate that job! Tree and decorations are going up Dec 4th.

I don't normally start feeling Christmassy until December (at which time I am, admittedly, bouncing off the walls :Pinkbounc), but at work on Sunday my supervisors were decorating the tills and it just looked sooo festive and I got all excited, lol. One of my customers actually said he was going to make a complaint - about unnaturally cheerful staff! :rotfl:

It might be time to dig out the old reindeer antlers soon, ooh!
th_rudolph.gif

Wow it was lovely to log on and find so many messages! I am very glad it isnt just me feeling Christmassy in any case! DP Steve wants to put the tree up and decorate sooner rather than later, so I think that may happen tonight. We have no little ones (yet!) so have no real excuse other than the fact that we are big kids hehe!

Hope everyone is managing to stay warm - hope you feel better soon Boonie!

Love & hugs

Hehe thanks everyone, but I am feeling *much* better now! I had a virus of some description, but it seems to be going away now. :) I'm left with a cough and a cold which I can definitely cope with after that!

I thought I had got my first Christmas card this morning but it was a letter detailing the minutes of the last Liberal Democrats meeting - how boring! They put a Christmas stamp on it and everything!

Has anyone changed their settings to display the red and green "Happy Holidays" theme here at the DIS boards? :) I changed mine last night and it'll take a while to get used to, but it is quite cheerful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter