Feeling overwhelmed - Help!

funkydelia

Mouseketeer
We have 14 days of deluxe dining (and accompanying park tickets) for next October and I don't know where to start!!

Dd6 (multiple allergies to dairy/soy) and DS10 (bottomless pit) myself (semi veggie) and DH (will eat anything!)

Presuming we have a day at NASA and a couple at universal we can double up TS credits to get better experiences and Artist Point is a must do (prob without kids as we were last at wdw on honeymoon 15 yrs ago and are staying at WL again)

I'm thinking big breakfast, snack lunch and nice dinner but it's almost like having too much choice and I don't know where to start!

The dining plan was free but I upgraded to deluxe as TS prob going to be easier for allergy child and we got 7 days free on our park tickets so it balanced.

I'd prefer to do character meals rather than wait in line for m&gs but we are adventurous in tastes and like seafood.

Can anyone help me with my planning? Pretty please?!!!!

If you call to make your reservations, the Customer Service Cast Member can annotate the allergies to ensure your DD does not have any problems. This way the Chefs will know ahead of time (If you book online I'm not sure, but you can always let the waitstaff know, most cases the chef can come out & help I believe at least at the high end restaurants)

Your meet & greets: (off the top of my head)

Akershus Royal Banquet Hall ~ Meet Belle & other princess (all 3 meals available)
Cinderella's Royal Table ~ Meet Cinderella (Breakfast/Lunch)
Cape May Cafe Breakfast ~ At Beach Club ~ Meet Fab 5 I believe
Crystal Palace ~ Winnie the Pooh & friends (all 3 meals available)
Garden Grill ~ Land pavillion at EPCOT, meet fab 5 and chip & dale
1900 Park Fare ~ Breakfast Mary Poppins & others
1900 Park Fare ~ Dinner Lady Tremain & daughters
Chef Mickey's ~ Contemporary ~ Fab 5
Tusker House ~ Donald & Friends
'Ohana ~ Poly ~ Lilo & Stitch Breakfast

-----------
Misc Restaurants:

I would recommend planning where you want to be and decide where you'd like to eat based on the menus on the DIS site. Menus change some so be prepared.

3 meals a day would be hard to plan and you may feel like all you did at Disney is eat. Especially with 2 snacks per person a day and having days away to make up for!

If you have questions PM me and I will try to help.

I forgot the Luau at the Poly, Mickey's Backyard BBQ and the hoop-de-doo review. Dinner & some entertainment (all are 2 credits)

Thank you so much.

3 meals is def too much everyday!

Hoop de do looks good too!!

I'm not going to really be able to plan much more until I see what park hours are looking like.

Take a look at the menus at www.allears.net to see what appeals to you.

Here are our family favorites:
- Cape May dinner... a short walk from International Gateway in Epcot. Even my non-seafood eating kids found something there to love.
- Le Cellier in Epcot (counts as 2) Canada's steakhouse. Wonderful!!!
- The Coral Reef in Epcot. Again, even my non-seafood eating kids love it.
- 1900 Park Fare dinner (Grand Floridian, easy to reach via monorail from the Magic Kingdom) Cinderella, the Prince, the Stepsisters and Stepmother are there for a buffet. The Steps bicker and it's lots of fun.
- Chef Mickey's (Contemporary, easy to reach from teh Magic Kingdom) Mickey, Minnie, Donald and a few others for a buffet. Loud and boisterous and tons of fun.
- Yak and Yetti (Animal Kingdom)
- Sci Fi (DHS) my kids love it here!
- I can't wait to try Be Our Guest in the Magic Kingdom.

We did Hoop de Doo last trip and it was a lot of fun!

And just keep in mind, you have a total of 42 credits. With three days not at Disney, you will have several days w/ four credits, if you want to use them all on TS. Since you are upgrading, it's not going to be the biggest loss of value if you do decide to have a few CS meals!

I'm pretty sure CRT is the only 2-credit meal that's available before dinner.

Here are some of the ones I love
-Yak & Yeti (AK)
-50's Prime Time (HS)
-Narcoossee's (GF-2 credits)
-Artist Point
-Crystal Palace (MK)
-1900 Park Fare (GF)
-Kona Cafe (Poly)
-La Hacienda (Epcot)
-Cape May Cafe dinner (BC)

Most people on the deluxe find that a late breakfast/early lunch and late dinner works. But, if there is a couple days you want a pre-park opening breakfast, a normal time lunch, and a late (after 8) dinner, that could work as well!

Look at the menus and see what you and your family will like. My only other suggestion is unless you are going to be super hungry, don't schedule two buffets in the same day.

Also, Mickey and the gang are at the Backyard BBQ since you want to do characters.

Thank you, that's really helpful!

Just need to wait till park hours announced to make my game plan!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter