• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Feeling Hot Hot Hot! The Rain Curse is Broken! Two Weeks of Fun in the Sun! COMPLETE

Well, another trip to Syracuse that you didn't bother to visit and/or mention me! :mad:

Photo from the plane. Let me guess... NY's Finger Lakes? :teacher:

I think Erich looks good in the swim suit, and I would have had no problem with him wearing it! Of course, if he were to have gotten frisked, er, searched, it may have been a bit too close for comfort for him. Or maybe not... :rolleyes1

I see you're one of the people who I curse who cannot park between the lines. :lmao:

But you're off to a great start. popcorn::

Wonderful start to your trip!

Thanks!

Cute kitties!

I hope to stay at Coronado sometime soon, I love the pics. Can't wait to read more!

I really liked Coronado, it was a very peaceful resort and not crowded at all.

CS looks so pretty. But living in the Southwest, the last place I want to stay is somewhere with a SW theme. :rotfl: We will be shooting for French Qtr next trip.

Great start. Nice swim trunks. :sad2:

I can understand not wanting the SW theme if you live in the SW. :rotfl: I didn't so much pick the resort for the theme but b/c of the rooms and amenities, they are the nicest out of all the mods.

Joining in! I'm loving it already!!! It is just so entertaining to read through your family's arguments. :lmao: I think I've said this before, but I hope my three have a good relationship as adults! And that they'll still be excited to go to Disney with me!

:laughing: I'm glad you all get entertainment out of our squabbles, they are pretty funny looking back. Looking back at the trip there were no "big" blowouts this time around. There were a few "incidents" but no full on fights that ended with me crying on the Splash Mountain bridge. ;):rotfl: Nice thing about our family, even when we do get in an argument it usually blows over pretty quickly.

Yeah, did you get some of your money back for that toll booth? Or at least a voucher for next time or something...It ate up a whole dollar! Or am I just being cheap...

Oh, is Erich interested in the IP at Epcot? I've been thinking about that for myself too!

I think the highway has two toll booths between the airport and Disney, each is $1.50. There may be a third booth that is cheaper and only 75 cents?

Nope no money back from the toll booth, there were no attendants there, it was just a machine. We would have had to get out of the car and walk through lanes of the highway to get to a booth that had a person.

The toll at the booth that malfunctioned was $1.50. The weird thing about what happened is that it acknowledged the first $1.25 that went in but not the last 25 cents. We ended putting in an extra dollar in quarters and it would not acknowledge them.

My fear is that we may actually end up getting a fine from the State via the rental company for "not paying" the toll as they have cameras there that take pictures of cars if they leave "without" paying. :confused3

Erich's Business program actually offers an internship with Disney. It is not the regular college program or the IP but something else. Apparently it is very competitive but Erich says he is going to apply and see if he gets it.

The website she gave us was called yummy jobs.com or something like that.

Well, another trip to Syracuse that you didn't bother to visit and/or mention me! :mad:

Photo from the plane. Let me guess... NY's Finger Lakes? :teacher:

I think Erich looks good in the swim suit, and I would have had no problem with him wearing it! Of course, if he were to have gotten frisked, er, searched, it may have been a bit too close for comfort for him. Or maybe not... :rolleyes1

I see you're one of the people who I curse who cannot park between the lines. :lmao:

But you're off to a great start. popcorn::

I am sure you would have appreciated our knocking on the door at 4 in the morning, I do have your address. ;) :laughing: Mom and I will probably be heading down for a shopping trip in August/early September, I'll let you know when we are coming down.

Mom and I are old fashioned, swim trunks are okay if you are headed directly to the beach/pool but not for walking around in other public places as everyday clothing. We also dislike the fad of wearing pajama pants and yoga/exercise pants as regular clothes. That is just us though, nothing against those who do it but I would never be caught dead at the grocery store or mall in my pajama pants or even sweat pants for that matter. I guess we should get used to this "new" fashion, we live in a world where if I wear a sundress or skirt to work people ask me why I am "dressed up". :rolleyes:

Parking, that car was massive and I was still getting used to it, I drive a Camry when at home. The parking lot at the front of the resort was pretty empty so I didn't bother correcting. ;) Usually I am pretty particular when it comes to driving/parking, just ask Mom, I drive her crazy with all my "back seat driving".

Great update!

Your cats are very cute.

Your brother reminds me of my youngest son...he would walk around dressed in exactly the same fashion.

Love the location you got at CSR; Casitas 4 and 5 are our favorite spots (although Cabanas 8A was really nice last year).

Love the location you got at CSR; Casitas 4 and 5 are our favorite spots (although Cabanas 8A was really nice last year).

I remember that from the CSR thread! I never did get a chance to try out your hammock for various reasons..... that I will get to later in the report! :laughing:;)

I liked the Cabanas section and would not have minded getting a room there if the Quiet Pool had been open. I actually like the Ranchos area as well but Mom REALLY did not want a room in that section. She played it cool at check-in as though she didn't care but I KNEW better. :laughing:

I remember that from the CSR thread! I never did get a chance to try out your hammock for various reasons..... that I will get to later in the report! :laughing:;)

I liked the Cabanas section and would not have minded getting a room there if the Quiet Pool had been open. I actually like the Ranchos area as well but Mom REALLY did not want a room in that section. She played it cool at check-in as though she didn't care but I KNEW better. :laughing:

I think I mentioned in my PTR that we're asking for the Ranchos section this trip. It's the only spot we've not tried.

I am late but all caught up. i just love your reports!! So happy you did not get rain! Glad to see pics of your mom looking relaxed. And the Bro's:rolleyes1

Hi Lessa - followed you over here from the CSR thread. LOVE LOVE LOVE your photos from CSR. Made me wonder why we didn't stay there this time again...

Your intros are great. I can already tell this is a lively wacky family! yeah!

Our trips overlapped a bit and Yeah, HOT HOT HOT is right!

reading on....
haha all caught up now, the note from your brother has solidified my impression of your family...just like mine! looking forward to reading on!

How cool that you got to pick any car that you wanted. I think I signed up for all the car rental programs at some point to. I wish we had gone with National instead. The car you got looks pretty nice for 4 adults and 2 weeks of stuff.

I saw all of your pictures on the CSR thread. And my family thought I took a lot of pictures. They are all great though. CSR looks so pretty. I doubt I'll ever get a chance to stay there now that DH and DD insist on AKL, but I would love to make it there even for a few days.

I am late but all caught up. i just love your reports!! So happy you did not get rain! Glad to see pics of your mom looking relaxed. And the Bro's:rolleyes1

You of all people can definitely appreciate the no rain after that week in May we were both there! :laughing:

Hi Lessa - followed you over here from the CSR thread. LOVE LOVE LOVE your photos from CSR. Made me wonder why we didn't stay there this time again...

Your intros are great. I can already tell this is a lively wacky family! yeah!

Our trips overlapped a bit and Yeah, HOT HOT HOT is right!

reading on....
haha all caught up now, the note from your brother has solidified my impression of your family...just like mine! looking forward to reading on!

:laughing: Glad that you are enjoying the report and our brand of humour. ;)

How cool that you got to pick any car that you wanted. I think I signed up for all the car rental programs at some point to. I wish we had gone with National instead. The car you got looks pretty nice for 4 adults and 2 weeks of stuff.

I saw all of your pictures on the CSR thread. And my family thought I took a lot of pictures. They are all great though. CSR looks so pretty. I doubt I'll ever get a chance to stay there now that DH and DD insist on AKL, but I would love to make it there even for a few days.

I was trying to decide between the SUV we ended up with and the Jeep Liberty. I eventually chose the one I did because it had an enormous trunk once you folded down the third row of seats. The Liberty would have been much easier to maneuver as it was much more compact, not such a beast of a car, I sorta wish I had picked it, don't know how that would have worked out with the luggage so I guess in the end it all worked out.

I am well known for my excess of photos, I always laugh when I read TR's and people say they had "lots" of photos (under 1000), they would probably faint if they saw how many we come home with. I am like this with everything though, no just WDW vacations, I just can't help myself, I am a shutterbug.

Parking, that car was massive and I was still getting used to it, I drive a Camry when at home. The parking lot at the front of the resort was pretty empty so I didn't bother correcting. ;) Usually I am pretty particular when it comes to driving/parking, just ask Mom, I drive her crazy with all my "back seat driving".

Don't get me going Lessa

After being up for just over 24 hours, with very little sleep, I thought a room is just a room, as long as it is clean, has a bed and AC, I'm good to go. I will be honest, it is all about theming, with 15 days of heat ahead, a desert theme of Ranchos some how did not appeal to me, just more heat... I'm the same way at home with the layout of stores, if the lighting and layout do not appeal to me, I do not shop there, I guess I am very particular.. Overall I was happy with the resort, and after walking through the Ranchos section, I am still glad that we did not stay there, on several occasions, I passed some guests that had just checked in, and were walking with there luggage from the main building, and were commenting about the long walk. I guess they must have arrived on the Disney Express (what ever that bus is called), the other great feature about where we were located, the bus stop to the parks was just across the parking lot from our building, and I thought the bus service was pretty good, I only had to wait about 7 minutes for a bus to Magic Kingdom.

You of all people can definitely appreciate the no rain after that week in May we were both there! :laughing:

[/COLOR]

Now we have wild fires that have broken out in several counties, Orange, Volusia, etc. Yesterday morning when we went outside my son remarked that it smelled like bacon outside. We desparately need rain, but not flooding!

Erich's Business program actually offers an internship with Disney. It is not the regular college program or the IP but something else. Apparently it is very competitive but Erich says he is going to apply and see if he gets it.

The website she gave us was called yummy jobs.com or something like that.

Yup, it's Yummy Jobs! That's the people Bubba went through to get her first (and second) contract for the IP. They usually are the intermediary for Disney for us Canadians.

Now we have wild fires that have broken out in several counties, Orange, Volusia, etc. Yesterday morning when we went outside my son remarked that it smelled like bacon outside. We desparately need rain, but not flooding!

Yikes! That is no good!

Yup, it's Yummy Jobs! That's the people Bubba went through to get her first (and second) contract for the IP. They usually are the intermediary for Disney for us Canadians.

:thumbsup2

Joining in. You are off to a great start. Can't wait to hear more.

Thanks! Glad you are enjoying it. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter