• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Feeling Guilty

seadd67

DIS Veteran
Ok I have to admit something, we are going to take a few(ok 5 and 1/2)days away from our 14day trip to WDW:scared1: .Were going to go and see US/IA,Sea world and Busch gardens,and at the time I was really excited about:banana: It,we have seen US before(2006) and we like it but have not been back since,It just seems we can not be able to pull our selfs away from the Mouse. So this Year I thought ok we will see the rest of the fun!,,,right now I am haveing with drawls and were not even there yet:sad2:. I even was consedring trying resell :-)confused3 I would not even know were to start with that anyway)our Sea world tickets.!! Is this part normal?,how do I turn my Back on the World when I am with In driving,heck for me walking distant to the world,,,I need help,maybe even the side of the medical hep:rotfl2:

we don't like to leave Disney when we're there. With the extra days, we can actually relax and tour leisurely. I see you're from Seattle and that might change things but we're from Ohio and after 42 trips, we 've never Left Disney. Those other parks have no interest for us, just more cost for tickets. When we leave for vacation, we say we're going to WDW and that's where we go. WE do not do the commando route but stroll and amble, spend considerable time at the resort, why we stay deluxe, and drink in the whole Disney experience. We never use or rent a car and rely solely on Disney transportation, one reason we like Disney, absolutely no driving and with so much to see and do, theme parks, water parks different resort, seems like 14 days there is not enough time for us. What I hated about our vacations before disney came along was that no matter where we went, it seemed we were always putting our hand in our pocket for money for one thing or another, Disney is great, pay for room and tickets, do your food your way and you're good to go.

first of all your so lucky that you can spend 14 days at WDW i wish we could afford that long of a vaction and as far as seeing Sea world and bush gardens go for it and dont feel guilty Mickey and Co. totally understands and would tell you to go and have fun.. Just wondering how far do you live from WDW? Becuase we live in MI and when we go down there i try to see more than disney too becuase i am not a FL resdient (yet):) :hippie: and if i try to to take in as much as possiable

Don't feel guilty! I think what you are doing sounds really fun! I think it's good to mix things up now and again. If you always do the same thing, you eventually just fall into that rut where it's REALLY hard to change your habits.

And besides, how horrible of a time could you possibly have at the other parks?!? I think it would be pretty hard! Mickey and friends understand that you love them best, but it's okay to have other acquaintances, too!:rotfl:

I haven't been to Disney (yet, only 11 more days before I remedy that) but I have been to Sea World and it was a blast! I say that for 14 days, you have more than enough time to visit all of it! Go and have fun. Sounds like a superb vacation!

Our last trip (2007) we spent 1/2 our time @ WDW and 1/2 at BG/SW/US Yes, we perfered WDW and missed WDW, but yes, we enjoyed the other parks as well. Some of DH's family was considering coming on this trip w/ us but when we stated that we were only doing wdw no other parks, they deceided not to come (their loss! not mine) I wouldn't make myself crazy or upset about having last minute "plan jitters" Just go with your plan determined to have a good time. Enjoy what time you will have at WDW and enjoy the other parks as well. The POINT is to just flat out ENJOY your time with your family.

my grandmother always said you can't drink spilt milk, but you can pick which towel to mop it up with. Pick the HAPPY, EXCITED, THIS IS EXACTLY what we want to do mood and go with it.

On our trip in August 2007 we did US/IOA, Busch Gardens, Sea World and Wet n' Wild and had a great time! I have older teens so the actually prefer US/IOA and Busch Gardens to WDW. Out of the entire 16 days we were there we only went to WDW for one night (MK for Pirates and Princesses). The kids are still talking about what a great vacation it was because we did something different.

I'm sure you'll enjoy all the other parks when you get there. With 14 days you definitely have enough time to do WDW and the other parks.

You will love US/IOA and SeaWorld. We spend most of our time at WDW every year, but wouldn't think of missing our day at the other parks, especially IOA (great rides). I admit that we stay onsite at US to get front of the line and do both parks in one day easily. To clarify that a bit, we have gotten into the habit of just going from one ride to the next and not taking time to notice anything else (details, shows, etc.). This time we are going to take our time at both WDW and US and try to find some of the hidden magic that both have to offer. With 14 days, you will have plenty of time. Have fun!

Ok I have to admit something, we are going to take a few(ok 5 and 1/2)days away from our 14day trip to WDW:scared1: .Were going to go and see US/IA,Sea world and Busch gardens,and at the time I was really excited about:banana: It,we have seen US before(2006) and we like it but have not been back since,It just seems we can not be able to pull our selfs away from the Mouse. So this Year I thought ok we will see the rest of the fun!,,,right now I am haveing with drawls and were not even there yet:sad2:. I even was consedring trying resell :-)confused3 I would not even know were to start with that anyway)our Sea world tickets.!! Is this part normal?,how do I turn my Back on the World when I am with In driving,heck for me walking distant to the world,,,I need help,maybe even the side of the medical hep:rotfl2:

I had your same worries last December. My friend offered to take me to US/IA for a day while we were staying at the Contemporary Resort. I was worried, but it ended up being really fun! I love those parks now. And I've been to both Busch Gardens in America, and the Tampa one is much better IMO.

So I say it's gonna be awesome; enjoy having a seriously amazing, multiple theme park, vacation!

lucky.

Go and have a blast. We like SeaWorld and love US/IOA. So much that we plan a whole extra trip to go to those.

You'll have alot of fun venturing from WDW - just don't try and compare WDW with US/IOA. They are 2 different types of parks and if you go with an open mind, you'll find lots to love.

We have always visited other parks when we visit Florida. I look at it like, if I'm gonna travel all that way, I want to see/do the other things that the area has to offer. :goodvibes

I would recommend not comparing the other parks to WDW that way I'm sure you'll enjoy each one in their own right. :thumbsup2

We normally mix it up too, dont worry about being away from Disney. The other parks are different experiences but it all adds to the fun. Like you we go for 14 days so its plenty of time to fit everything in without fear of missing out. Relax and have fun :thumbsup2

What is US/IOA?

If I had 14 days, I would definitely tour all the different vacation spots in Orlando! We usually go for about 5 days, so WDW is all we do. I'm so envious of all the fun you'll have!!

US/IA is fun too. If I had 14 days I would definitely take in some of the other sites, don't feel guilty. In fact on my trip - 13 days and counting! - we are taking a day trip to St Petersburg/Clearwater and a day of outlet shopping in Orlando.

You're going to have SO much fun! We love all of those other parks. If you have thrill ride lovers in your family they'll love those parks too! We went to Busch Gardens on our honeymoon and did the behind the scenes giraffe tour (I forget the official name) and it was wonderful. The giraffes eat right out of your hand!

Remember it is YOUR vacation to do what YOU want to do. Do not ever feel guilty about doing what you want to do on your vacation. You earned it right??
People at work think I'm NUTS because I want to go to Disney every year. But you know what? It is my vacation that I am paying for & will do what makes me (and my family of course) happy. I would love to visit Sea World again (have not been since 1999) but I can't seem to take time away from Disney. But that is me. Have a wonderful time and enjoy every second!!:thumbsup2

Thanks all of you:grouphug: , Me and my DS are so looking forward to this,It Is by far going to be the longest trip to the world we have spent there so that was the reason for the addition of the other parks.And we do know how lucky we are,now more then ever due to the econmy.Its kind funny that In a way we take all of you with us,because there Is probally a million times we bring up diffrent posts from here when we are down there,so In a way you are all staying at POP March the 24th to the 2nd of April and at Downtown Orlando On I drive the 2nd to the 7th of April!!:goodvibes.

We are not doing Universal this time, but it is a very fun place. And I would not visit the Orlando area without visiting Sea World. It is truly one of my most favorite places in the world. My kids love it there as well. I think you'll be very happy to have some variety, especially since you are staying so long. Lucky duck! :)

What is US/IOA?

If I had 14 days, I would definitely tour all the different vacation spots in Orlando! We usually go for about 5 days, so WDW is all we do. I'm so envious of all the fun you'll have!!

Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter