Feeling Grand - How to Plan a Disney Trip In 18 Days Or Less

Oh, it is so not fun to be sick. And it's even worse when it's right before a WDW trip! :sad2: Saying a prayer that you start to feel better and this cold goes away very quickly!

In case I don't get back here before you do leave....have a very magical trip, I look forward to hearing about it when you get back!!! :goodvibes

I'm cranky too today and I'm not even pregnant!

It must be something in the air, I swear it.

I hope you are feeling better, TK! :flower3:

Thank you. :goodvibes

Awwww... I hope you get to feeling better!!!

Thanks! :goodvibes

Feel better!! :goodvibes

Thank you. :goodvibes

You sure need to get the rest you need. I really don't want you to be sick on this trip!!

My mother feels the same way! :lmao:

TK--I hope you feel better soon. It seems like when you are pg, you feel sicker than sick as well. I want you to enjoy your trip, so get some rest. The packing will get done.

And I hate to be a whiner, but since I was never sick the last time, I'm just not used to it.

We are leaving for along weekend tomorrow evening- less than 24 hours til I feel some DW air :) The weather on Fri looks great- Sat not so much. I do hope you have great weather and enjoy yourself prior to the baby!

I hope you have a wonderful trip!!! :goodvibes

Drinks....the powdered crystal lite and propel packets to stir into water. We did it before in mugs and also in bottles- perfect when you sick of water and it was one thing that did not upset my stomach last preg....They also travel great and make drinking fountain water taste just fine if needed!

Excellent tips, thank you! I can't do Crystal Lite right now because this kiddo has changed my tastebuds so that I can't stand artifical sweeteners, but I could check out the Propel!

Packing... after numerous trips and packing my DH on business trip weekly.....and needing to save as much space as possible, I now find that getting 2 gallon ziplock bags or something similar to that size works AWESOME. We put a decent amount in and then put our knees on them to get all the air out....flat and perfect to lay in a suitcase giving us a TON more room. I also use gallon ones and then I seem to have a nice selection of bags while down there for use in case of whatever. Kind of like the space bag idea- won't ever roll again!

Have fun....

That is a great idea! I actually do this a little bit when I pack my spare outfit in my carry on bag. I like to have a spare just in case, and I usually end up putting the top and unmentionables together in a ziploc bag, and squeezing the air for just the reason you stated; it takes less room.

Feel better TK!!! :hug:

Thanks! :goodvibes

Oh no!!!!

I am so, so sorry that you are sick!

I hope you feel MUCH better today and that you get over this before you leave on your trip!

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Thank you, hon. :goodvibes

:flower3:I hope you are feeling better & have a great trip!

Thank you! :goodvibes

Oh no! I hope you feel better soon! My suggestion is to repeat three times "I refuse to be sick for my trip and will feel better soon." Follow the saying with some heel-clicking and your body will have to listen and heal! Seriously though, being sick for a WDW trip is one of my worst nightmares - sick and pregnant I can't even imagine. Sending lots of :hug: and pixiedust: your way!

I laughed out loud when I read that. If you only knew how much my mom loves the Wizard of Oz. I can't wait to tell her you said that. :lmao:

Oh, it is so not fun to be sick. And it's even worse when it's right before a WDW trip! :sad2: Saying a prayer that you start to feel better and this cold goes away very quickly!

In case I don't get back here before you do leave....have a very magical trip, I look forward to hearing about it when you get back!!! :goodvibes

Thank you very much! :goodvibes

I am confused by my countdown ticker and I haven't really payed much attention to it until now. Tomorrow isn't 0 days, it's 1 day. Right? I mean, I leave on Saturday. I know I put the date in right when I did it. Ah well. Least of my worries.

Thank you all so much for your well wishes. If that doesn't make a gal feel special, I don't know what will, my goodness! I am feeling better today, in that I know I am on the mend, and I was doing really well until about a couple of hours ago. Once I got home, sat down, and stopped doing, I basically realized how exhausted I am. I plan on taking a nice big dose of Tylenol and going to bed plenty early.

But not before you all receive the mother of all updates. Because I just haven't felt like writing at great length lately, we're going to go to town on this one and talk about anything and everything that I can possibly think of to you entertain you with my various and sundry trip preparations.

Last night, I sucked it up and I packed. I got on a roll with the tolietries and I just kept going from there. Everything is packed but my unmentionables and last minute items, so that is awesome. One less thing to worry about.

And I am SO proud of myself. I didn't overpack at all. As a matter of fact, I have one spare outfit (in my carryon backpack), and I packed in the smallest suitcase I have. Normally I can't do that, but I made it work, AND I have room to spare. I am so stylin' right now. :lmao: This is also because I pack my tolietries in a completely separate bag. If I had to include them in my suitcase, I definitely would need the bigger one, but I really like having them separate. This packing system has worked for me for years, so I don't really deviate. I also managed to fit a tote bag flat in my suitcase (for all the potential souvies). And did I mention there's room??? ;) I'm going to resist the urge to fill it with stuff and remember, we will be getting some clothing items. I'm thinking a cute onesie for the baby, and a nice new tee for my son. Funny to think now that I have to keep the gifting even. Never had to worry about that before, you know?

Do you think it'll be okay if I bring DS a marshmallow candy covered treat from Goofy's, but give the baby a treat while we're down there? :lmao:

Speaking of food, I hope the kiddo is ready because we are going to be noshing on some majorly fine fare, and I cannot wait. I have been fantasizing with the rapture only a pregnant woman can have about Disney food for the past couple of weeks.

I can't wait to have a Dole Whip float and a hot dog at Casey's. I'm so excited for escargot in France, Cobb Salad and grapefruit cake at the Brown Derby. I know at some point Mom and I will share a big, soft, salty pretzel, and I'm hoping to get popcorn from Main Street as well. Heck, I'll bring it home with me if I don't have room for it, they have those great souvenir buckets!

I want to have a virgin Pina CoLava, and perhaps sip it from the cabana on the GF beach.

I'm really, really looking forward to 1900 Park Fare because I love me a good breakfast buffet, and I am super stoked to meet the Mad Hatter. My mother loves Mary Poppins, so that'll be a nice experience for her, but for me...I want something a little more crazy.

Speaking of mom, she's been awesome these past few weeks. She may not be on the DIS, but she's had her very own countdown going on. Every day I get an e-mail with new pictures in it of things we'll do, or see, or eat. I can't believe the amount of work she's put into this and how excited she is about our trip. I mean, I'm excited, but she's uber-excited. I'll never forgot, but I actually opened one of them in front of her yesterday, and there were a ton of pictures, one of the pirate tutorial.

I looked right at her, and said, "That's the good Jack." She totally laughed at me, but in a good way. :thumbsup2

It's funny. I may forget sometimes, but nothing will make you appreciate your own mother more than being pregnant. I know that when I'm pregnant, and when my son was newly born, I had a newfound appreciate for both my parents, but especially for my mom. For doing all this. For carrying me, like I carry/carried my children. It just makes me appreciate her all the more, and no matter how old I get, I know she and my dad think of me as their baby girl.

I was perusing the GF FAQ thread tonight, and read something about turndown service and I thought OMG! Turndown service!!!! I would have totally forgotten about that, I must make a mental note to tell my mother, we must have this! It's one of the beautiful things about staying in a deluxe, I so enjoy coming home to a bed that's been turn downed, with little sweets on your pillow.

I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again. I'm looking forward to the rest, the relaxation, the girliness of the weekend. Looking forward to sleep so much I can taste it.

I have to tell you, last night was the first night in three months that I slept for five consecutive hours 1230 -530 am without waking up to go to the bathroom. When I woke up at 530, I was shocked, and I was in heaven. I was so excited that I made it that long, I am hoping that it continues for the trip, and that it wasn't just a fluke. That would be so awesome!

Earlier in the week, I completed my snack shopping at the grocery store. For my backpack on the plane (and to have in the room for breakfast): Pop Tarts, Granola Bars, Chex Chocolate Snack Mix, Trail Mix (with yogurt covered craisins, yum), and my Trident gum. Because with all the sugar in my snacks, sugar free gum was a good idea! :rotfl2: And if you believe that, I have a bridge to sell you.

Thank God I can still stand the taste of sugar free gum! Anyhoo, I'd ordered some romance novels (I like light reading for vacation) through interlibrary loan in the hopes that I could take a couple of them on the plane. Imagine my surprise when they were all hardcover! Previously, I'd gotten books through loan by the same author, same series of romance novels, and they were paperback.

So today, off I trucked to Walmart after work to :::GASP::: buy a book. I used to be addicted to purchasing books. No joke. For quite a long time in middle, high school, and I would say most of college, Barnes and Noble was my favorite store, and if I had extra money, it would all go to books.

The trouble is that I go through books like people drink water. I finish books in a couple of days, a week at the very most (if I'm really running around and don't have a lot of time). I've always loved to read, love English, love writing, scored high on my English SATS, had a college reading level in fifth grade, you get the idea.

So for me to spend money on something that is going to be over in a day or two is really tough for me. That's why I love that in the past couple of years, I have rediscovered my love of the library. Any addictive behavior I may have towards books has now been channeled into a free outlet! What heaven I am in that I can take out as many books as I want, that I always have something to read.

For those of you who remember Jiri, it's like she said, she always has a stack of books on her night table to read, and she thinks that when she dies, she'll still have unread books sitting there. I don't mean to be morbid at all, but I feel the same way. My life is more fufilled when I have books to read.

So after that explanation, you can understand that it is with GREAT trepidation that I actually deign to spend the money on a book.

To Walmart I went. To find something. Anything. Speak to me. Say, you must own me.

And you know what I ended up with?

Julie and Julia.

I have to say, it's primarily because I saw the movie and cryed like a baby. It is so good, that I want to read it. And want to own it. And it takes a lot for me to say that. That's how you know, if I ever recommend a book to you, it will be because I truly, truly enjoyed it.

Sorry about the tirade. It took me a half an hour to pick that book, so it bears a little dignifying in my pre trip report. And honestly? If I don't take a nap on the plane, I will probably finish the dang thing. :lmao:

I'm hoping I nap though. I want to be well rested. I want to get to the Grand Flo and have the ambition to go the bar at Citrico's with my mom (she is really dying to go to Citrico's). I want to get there and be able to breathe and enjoy it and not just think, thank god, a place to lay down and sleep. :lmao:

In a few short days, I'll be there.

Reflecting on how we planned our whole trip in 18 days...or less. :rolleyes:

Next Chapter

I think you would be happy this weekend even if you never left the Grand Floridan to go to the parks!

I agree with Heidi. The GF can be your oasis for the weekend.

I'm the same way with books. I always have a stack on my nightstand.
Do you get trashy magazines, like InTouch, for the plane? It's the only place I'll read those :lmao:

Speaking of food, I hope the kiddo is ready because we are going to be noshing on some majorly fine fare, and I cannot wait. I have been fantasizing with the rapture only a pregnant woman can have about Disney food for the past couple of weeks.

O!...M!....G!......:lmao::lmao::lmao:
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

That is, without a doubt, THE funniest thing I have ever read on the DIS!!!!!!!!!!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

WHERE is the Tag Fairy???!!

I have been fantasizing with the rapture only a pregnant woman can have about Disney food for the past couple of weeks.

Glad to hear you are all packed and feeling a bit better. Hopefully tomorrow is better yet.

I'm with ya on the books! I haven't read much of anything for the past 2 years due to time constraints, but now that I have a more flexible schedule I am a reading FIEND. I'm at the library weekly and my MIL is a big reader, she sent me home with over 20 books last week. I'm on book 3 already...and halfway done. I had forgotten how much I love to read. Matter of a fact, a hot shower + jammies + my book is calling me right now. :laughing:

Please let us know how Julie & Julia is. I loved that movie! Saw it in the theater and Netflixed it right away. So stinkin' cute. Her blog is still online too!

I follow a blog, a gal who cooked at least one thing in her crockpot every single day for a year. She's now published a cookbook (some really great recipes) and has been on various shows for interviews!

I agree with Heidi. The GF can be your oasis for the weekend.

And what a fine oasis it is!

I'm the same way with books. I always have a stack on my nightstand.
Do you get trashy magazines, like InTouch, for the plane? It's the only place I'll read those :lmao:

Me, too! I usually save that for the airport, though. Don't want to buy it in advance, better to seem as though it's on a whim. ;)

O!...M!....G!......:lmao::lmao::lmao:

That is, without a doubt, THE funniest thing I have ever read on the DIS!!!!!!!!!!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

WHERE is the Tag Fairy???!!

Ignoring me, sadly. :sad1:

Ah well, at least I made you laugh! :thumbsup2

Glad you liked that too. :lmao:

Glad to hear you are all packed and feeling a bit better. Hopefully tomorrow is better yet.

Well, now that I've been awake for a little bit and some of the congestion has cleared, I'm feeling a bit better. It's just going to be a long day at work, that's for sure.

I'm with ya on the books! I haven't read much of anything for the past 2 years due to time constraints, but now that I have a more flexible schedule I am a reading FIEND. I'm at the library weekly and my MIL is a big reader, she sent me home with over 20 books last week. I'm on book 3 already...and halfway done. I had forgotten how much I love to read. Matter of a fact, a hot shower + jammies + my book is calling me right now. :laughing:

All the librarians know me by name. It's gotten to the point where if I have something on hold, they tell me when I walk in the door. :lmao:

Please let us know how Julie & Julia is. I loved that movie! Saw it in the theater and Netflixed it right away. So stinkin' cute. Her blog is still online too!

I'll have to check out her blog, I didn't know it was still on.

I follow a blog, a gal who cooked at least one thing in her crockpot every single day for a year. She's now published a cookbook (some really great recipes) and has been on various shows for interviews!

I didn't follow it when it was live, but I love her blog! I use it for recipes all the time. :thumbsup2

Hi TK!
I may not get another chance to Dis, so I wanted to say "Have a wonderful weekend!!!!". Hope you feel better, too. Enjoy your book, I read it recently, it was really good. My husband jokes that our bedroom is going to become a branch of the public library soon, there are so many books in it. He wants me to put them in the attic, but I say no, I might want to reread something. I wish I could be better about the library, but I'm too lazy, I can't help shopping online at B&N. There are worse addictions, right?
Anyway, enjoy yourself and I can't wait to hear all about it!:goodvibes

I doubt you're checking this thread from Nirvana, but if you are, I hope you're having the most fantabulous time EVER with your mom!! Did you find that chaise lounge with your placard on it?? Did Casey treat you right? Have you drowned in your Dole Whip yet?

Editted to say: Obviously I was a day ahead of the game. Either way, have a wonderful trip, my friend!! Enjoy every moment!

I laughed out loud when I read that. If you only knew how much my mom loves the Wizard of Oz. I can't wait to tell her you said that. :lmao:

Glad I made you laugh and I am so glad packing is done and that you seem to be feeling better. In case you don't post or I don't get to post again, have a wonderful trip! Enjoy that mother-daughter bonding time, soak up all of the pampering you can get and I hope the food lives up to your fantasies!

Another great update!!! I will definitely have to check out this book Julie and Julia...sounds like a keeper! I just ordered a book off amazon and I'm hoping it will be here soon!! I enjoy a good historical romance LOL!!!

Glad you are feeling better and YAY for consecutive sleep!! I wish you and your mom the best trip!!!

Thanks for the update!I am an avid reader, now I have to go get Julia and Julia. I am really lucky there is a friends of the Lib bookstore and before I go on trips I head there and buy softbacks for .50-1.00 a piece, then I can leave them behind....ok so I have never left a book behind but that is what I keep telling myself :) hope you and your mom have a WONDERFUL trip!!!

I didn't follow it when it was live, but I love her blog! I use it for recipes all the time. :thumbsup2

Same here! Love it. Before I was a SAHM we did the crock pot at least once a week. So easy and yummy recipes!

Tomorrow is the day you fly out...all the last minute stuff is happening today I'm sure. So, so exciting! In case I don't get back here, I hope you have a wonderful trip, full of girly pampering and rest.

And EATING. :teeth:

Hey, folks!

I want to thank you all for your well wishes. I don't have time this morning to respond to each of you indvidually, but really appreciate your kind words.

I did finish most of my packing, and now have the real last minute items to pack tonight. I'm always amazed when going without my family how little is actually in my purse. I actually called my mother to say, this is what I need, right? :lmao:

We're both really excited, but unfortunately, I slept horribly last night. My congestion kicked up full force, and my coughing was out of control. I finally got a few consecutive hours this morning by sleeping sitting straight up. My back hurts. :lmao: So, I think it's pretty safe to say that I will be sleeping on the plane.

First I need to make it through work! I'm going to treat myself afterwards to lunch out, hopefully something hearty that will last me a good while, and then head to mom's so we're all set to leave for our 405 flight. We'll probably hit the airport between 230-300, and then we'll really be on our way.

I don't have much else to say, you all know how much I've been looking forward to this trip. I do feel weird about saying goodbye to my husband and son this morning, but that always gets me when I go away. Just have to get to my happy place in my head, and then, in reality, and I'm sure all will be well.

Have a great few days, and know this.

My second toast will be to all of you, who are a wealth of support and knowledge that I wholeheartedly appreciate.

First toast is for me and mom. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter