• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Feedback, please, on cruise transfer companies/options

ddixon1

Mouseketeer
Ok, so I have been researching options for a one-way Town Car transfer from Disney's Art of Animation Resort to DCL Port Canaveral Cruise terminal.
(Husband will take DCL transfer ($35) after running the marathon, showering, etc. DS7 and I will take Town Car earlier to arrive a port earlier. We'll take Magical express from MCO to AoA prior to cruise, and most likely use DCL transfers from cruise to MCO).
I have quotes from Fl tours ($158); Fl magical tours ($150); Tiffany ($145) and Happy Limo ($132). Any feedback on any of these companies would be much appreciated! Thanks so much!

We used FL Tours for both our cruises. I forget how we decided on them the first time, but the second time went with them again because there were no problems. Drivers always called before the pick up. We had booked a van for our family of 5 and one leg they upgraded us to a stretch limo which the kids thought was a blast. My only complaint was one car had a driver that smoked and I felt like the smell was pervasive in the car. We requested non-smoking car and driver after that.

tossing another question out there...will you be allowed to board before your husband checks-in?

She can check in her husband at the terminal as long as she has his BC or passport and then board if she wants. He will just have to have gov't issued photo ID on him to get into the terminal and then just go up to the check in desk and get his KTTW and security photo taken (if his pic is not already in the system). He can then board and meet them.

I have checked my husband in many times while he was out returning the rental car. We could have boarded without him but he would not have liked that so we waited until he got back. We had boarding group 2 but the rental car shuttle was delayed so by the time he got back to the terminal they were calling boarding goup 17...I was not a happy camper waiting around the terminal that cruise.:headache:

I have never heard of everyone having to be together to board. Many people in the same cabin arrive at different times to the port. It is not uncommon.

MJ

I have never heard of everyone having to be together to board. Many people in the same cabin arrive at different times to the port. It is not uncommon.

MJ

Good to know, thanks, MJ! Though I'm sure DH would never want us to board without him, either, so I'm not likely to ever do this.

Ok, so I have been researching options for a one-way Town Car transfer from Disney's Art of Animation Resort to DCL Port Canaveral Cruise terminal.
(Husband will take DCL transfer ($35) after running the marathon, showering, etc. DS7 and I will take Town Car earlier to arrive a port earlier. We'll take Magical express from MCO to AoA prior to cruise, and most likely use DCL transfers from cruise to MCO).
I have quotes from Fl tours ($158); Fl magical tours ($150); Tiffany ($145) and Happy Limo ($132). Any feedback on any of these companies would be much appreciated! Thanks so much!

Will you husband be able to finish the marathon and be back at AOA in time for the DCL transfer pick up? I think the pick up can be as early at 11 am at some resorts. Of course, that is the same time he will have to have vacated the hotel room. -- Suzanne

Just wondering: why not use the DCL transfers if you are staying on property.

JOD

The usual reason is wanting to arrive earlier than DCL transfers allow. A second reason is cost. If you are a family of 4, a towncar/limo service will cost a little less; a bigger party than that and you'll save serious money.

The earliest DCL transfer pick up time I'm aware of is 11:30, BUT you are asked to be at the meeting place by 11. Of course, you have to be out of your room by 11 anyhow.

Thanks everyone, for all of the info thus far.
I will have his passport for check in. He will have his drivers license to get his KTTW card. This will be his 2nd DCL cruise within 5 months (our 3rd) so photos should be ok. He runs a 3:30 marathon (with a 5:30 am start), so we're hoping that he has enough time to shower/change and hop on the DCL bus by 11am or noon! After reading through the Disboards marathon thread, I changed to AKL. I read that the buses back were zippy!
Still looking to hear about more Town Car companies, thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter