Feedback please: 2 days of Dining Plan tagged on to end of trip

hodad

DIS Veteran
We are staying off-site Feb 20-26 but in order to save money on return flights we've decided to add two nights on to the end of our trip, stay on-site, and purchase the Dining Plan. Two families, 4 adults and 3 kids. We'll spend our last 3 days in MK and Epcot, and I'm considering the following meals. I used distripplanner.com to calculate the savings, and it looks like getting the Dining Plan would save us over $200, without factoring in the refill mugs, which we wouldn't purchase without the plan.

Sunday Feb 26
Breakfast in the hotel room
Be our Guest lunch
Skipper Canteen or QS dinner

Monday Feb. 27
Breakfast in the hotel room
Lunch at Beaches & Cream/Whispering Canyon, depending on where we stay.
Dinner at Akershus

Tuesday Feb. 28
Breakfast at Ohana
Late lunch at Pecos Bill
Fly home

I'm thinking of assigning the dining plan meals as follows, but if you think I should change it or if there is someone where where we should consider eating, please share.

QS1 BoG
QS2 Pecos Bill
TS1 Akershus
TS2 Ohana, Skipper Canteen, Beaches & Cream, or Whispering Canyon?

(If you're wondering how adding two days saves us money, know that we are cutting the beginning of our trip short. It's a lot cheaper flying Feb 21-28 than Feb 19-26!)

I assume you're all eating together. You may want to switch up at least with the adult meals at your TS2 and use them at your a la carte places. One adult from each couple (so two adults) use the plan and order the more expensive entree and the spouses pay OOP ordering the lesser expensive entrees and then each couple shares the dessert. That would mean you don't use the credits for your Ohana breakfast. Kids definitely need to use their TS credits at both Akershus and Ohana and then pay OOP at your a la carte places.

You may want to switch up at least with the adult meals at your TS2 and use them at your a la carte places. One adult from each couple (so two adults) use the plan and order the more expensive entree and the spouses pay OOP ordering the lesser expensive entrees and then each couple shares the dessert.

That's a really good idea that I would have never thought of. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter