Feedback on my plan please

caroline1851

DIS Veteran
DS13 and I are going 6/6=6/10. This is what I have planned. Since I still have time to change fp+, etc, please make suggestions. (I chose which parks on which days based on info from easywdw)

Saturday 6/6
Arrive airport 9am
Figuring we can get to AK at 12pm
12:25-1:25 KS fp
Pagani Trail to see Gorillas
It's Tough to be a Bug
2:05-3:05 Kali
EE single rider line for son
4-5 Dinosaur fp+
Do we have time for anything else? I know if possible, we want to ride Dinosaur multiple times.

Sunday 6/7
RD at MK
Peter Pan, Pooh
9:05-10:05 7dwarves Fp+
10:10-11:10 SM fp+
Buzz
Speedway
Stitch
Haunted Mansion
1:05 Crystal Palace adr
2:05-3:05 splash m fp+
BTMRR (if line isn't long)
Parade
leave and go back to resort.
Return to MK around 8pm
Hopefully be able to get a fp for BTMRR
Light Parade
Jungle Safari
Fireworks
POC
BTMRR

Monday 6/8
RD at Epc
Soarin (sb)
Sum of all Thrills
10:00-11:00 Test Track fp+
Maybe Jouney or rest of innovention buildings
12:20-1:20 Spaceship Earth fp+
Leave and go back to resort.
REturn around 5pm
Attempt to get fp for either Test Track or Soarin.
Visit the countries.
Illuminations

Tuesday 6/9
RD at DHS
TSM (sb)
9:05-10:05 TOT (not sure I can even handle going on this)
RRC (single rider line for DS)
10:05-11:05 TSM fp+
Great Movie Ride
11:10-12:10 Star Tours fp+
Muppets
Lights Motor Action Stunt show
Return around 7. or go to Boardwalk
Fantasmic
(or should we skip night here with Fantasmic and go to MK?)

Wednesday 6/10
RD at MK
Hit anything that we might've missed on sunday that was importatnt to us or
BTMRR
10:00-11:00 BTMRR fp+
Haunted Mansion
It's a Small World
Mickey's Philharmonic
12:00 7dwarves fp+
1:25 Space Mountain fp+
Tom Sawyer Island
Leave around 3pm since flight is at 8pm

I only have 1 adr because I really didn't want us to be tied down to reservations, but.... DS really enjoys buffets, so i'm wondering if I should schedule one more. Any suggestions? We don't have time during our AK day to go to Tusker House, Hollywood and vine has lousy times available for our DHS day...

Also...we have Park Hoppers but don't seem to be using them. Any suggestions?

THANKS

You have got an awesome trip planned on day one, I would say fit as many Dinosaur rides in as possible. On Sunday don't stress about a Fastpass for BTMRR, that line moves soon quick and is usually not very long. At EPCOT make sure you run to Soarin so you can get there before that line gets too intense. Another tip, the single rider line at Test Track is FANTASTIC and most times you will even ride in the same car with someone from your party! Check out other buffets on property that you could go to during non-park times and if you don't need a park hopper then ditch it! Enjoy!

A few tips:

If Festival of the Lion King is on at 6pm you could fit that in on your AK day.

On your first MK day try and make your BTMRR 4th fastpass as soon as you get off Splash, not when you return to the park at 8pm.

On your HS day, go to RnR as soon as you get off TSM not after ToT. The standby line will only grow the later it gets but you have a fastpass for ToT that is good until 10:20am.

On your AK day
work in Flights of Wonder - really fun show
the Maharaj trail is also good - especially if the tigers are not sleeping
Depending on waits, the Mickey/Minnie photo op is a good one. We use FP+ for it

DHS - since so much is down, its a hard park to make a full day out of. The Indy show is better than LMA, but if your boy wants to see the cars, he may like LMA.
We have never been fans of Fantasmic, but plenty are fans. I would hop to MK or EP, but your son may want to re-ride some of the fun DHS attractions. Maybe let him decide if there are things he wants to do at MK.

EPCOT day - for the afternoon - as you visit the countries, make sure to see some of the shows. Fun show at France, Italy, Japan drummers, Chinese acrobats, British Invasion in the UK, and plenty of other fun stuff. Great treats in Germany and we often buy a chocolate in England. Their chocolate tastes richer than ours. Also certain your boy will like a stop at Club Cool near the big fountain. Sample coke products from other countries. Make sure he tries Beverly

Since you are returning to the resort most days, you may find a good buffet at one of the resorts instead of the parks. Eat an early dinner, and then back to the parks, all refreshed.

Great trip. HAVE FUN

On Epcot day, we are normally done with what you have planned by 11:00 when WS opens. The only difference is we don't ride Spaceship Earth. My point is that you may be done in FW earlier than you had planned. There are other things you *can* do ... Living with the Land, Circle of Life, Seas pavilion, but we're always in a hurry to get over the WS.

FWIW, I was advised to FP Soarin and ride Test Track standby, the reason being that the queue for TT was more interesting. Just something to consider.

For your attempted 4th FP for Soarin, you probably already know this, but try to make it before you leave the park for your break. One evening at WS is not enough for us, but your mileage may vary. :)

P.S. As PP said, DO Club Cool in Epcot. It will take all of 5-10 minutes, but it's fun.

Last edited:
I'll just make my comments in bold in your original post :) I haven't read other comments so if I repeat anything, my apologies :)

DS13 and I are going 6/6=6/10. This is what I have planned. Since I still have time to change fp+, etc, please make suggestions. (I chose which parks on which days based on info from easywdw)

Saturday 6/6
Arrive airport 9am
Figuring we can get to AK at 12pm <--- shouldn't be a problem, but are you planning on going to the resort etc... first? When are you going to eat?
12:25-1:25 KS fp <-- I would make this later if possible to allow for unseen travel delays ^^^ If you decide you need lunch etc.
Pagani Trail to see Gorillas
It's Tough to be a Bug
2:05-3:05 Kali
EE single rider line for son
4-5 Dinosaur fp+
Do we have time for anything else? I know if possible, we want to ride Dinosaur multiple times. <-- I would definitely try and do the Safari at some point. You have time for it, as AK is open until 7:00.

Sunday 6/7
RD at MK
Peter Pan, Pooh <-- Will DS13 go on Pooh?
9:05-10:05 7dwarves Fp+
10:10-11:10 SM fp+
Buzz
Speedway
Stitch
Haunted Mansion
1:05 Crystal Palace adr
2:05-3:05 splash m fp+
BTMRR (if line isn't long)
Parade
leave and go back to resort.
Return to MK around 8pm
Hopefully be able to get a fp for BTMRR
Light Parade
Jungle Safari
Fireworks
POC <-- POC is closed for refurb when you're there. Otherwise looks like a great day.
BTMRR

Monday 6/8
RD at Epc
Soarin (sb)
Sum of all Thrills
10:00-11:00 Test Track fp+
Maybe Jouney or rest of innovention buildings <-- Innoventions West is now closed,so it's just East.
12:20-1:20 Spaceship Earth fp+ <-- Don't forget the interactive part at the end of the ride, this could be neat for DS.
REturn around 5pm
Attempt to get fp for either Test Track or Soarin.
Visit the countries.
Illuminations

Tuesday 6/9
RD at DHS
TSM (sb)
9:05-10:05 TOT (not sure I can even handle going on this)
RRC (single rider line for DS)
10:05-11:05 TSM fp+
Great Movie Ride
11:10-12:10 Star Tours fp+
Muppets
Lights Motor Action Stunt show
Return around 7. or go to Boardwalk
Fantasmic
(or should we skip night here with Fantasmic and go to MK?) <-- Up to you, I wouldn't want to miss Fantasmic, but DS13 might prefer going to MK for more rides. Hard to say. Also, you should look at doing Animation Academy, everyone here gives it glowing reviews. You could also look at going back to Epcot in the evening, if you decide you want more time in the WS etc...

Wednesday 6/10
RD at MK
Hit anything that we might've missed on sunday that was importatnt to us or
BTMRR
10:00-11:00 BTMRR fp+
Haunted Mansion
It's a Small World
Mickey's Philharmonic
12:00 7dwarves fp+
1:25 Space Mountain fp+
Tom Sawyer Island
Leave around 3pm since flight is at 8pm

I only have 1 adr because I really didn't want us to be tied down to reservations, but.... DS really enjoys buffets, so i'm wondering if I should schedule one more. Any suggestions? We don't have time during our AK day to go to Tusker House, Hollywood and vine has lousy times available for our DHS day...

Also...we have Park Hoppers but don't seem to be using them. Any suggestions?

THANKS

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter