Feed the Dolphins at Sea World - Info please :)

raph_b

<font color="red">Proud Redhead</font>
We're off to Sea World in 2 weeks and have seen pics of people feeding the dolphins.

I would absolutely love to do that - Is it an extra you need to pay for?

Is it only certain times of the day?

Any advice would be gratefully received

thanks

Not sure of the specific times as they tend to change each day. It is "extra" but the extra is just the cost of the plate of fish that you will use to feed the dolphins with.

Not sure of the specific times as they tend to change each day. It is "extra" but the extra is just the cost of the plate of fish that you will use to feed the dolphins with.

$7 for a tray with 3 fish - $1 discount with our season pass

feedings are through out the day

We're off to Sea World in 2 weeks and have seen pics of people feeding the dolphins.

I would absolutely love to do that - Is it an extra you need to pay for?

Is it only certain times of the day?

Any advice would be gratefully received

thanks

Not to get off the subject but I just noticed your avatar. Is that a Lionhead bunny and do you own one? We have a Sable Point Lionhead male and just love him. :lovestruc

It does cost for the fish and they have it on and off throughout the day. You can just stand next to someone feeding them if you want to just pet them but they are greedy little things and won't come near you if you don't have any fish LOL or at least that was our experience. When the fish were gone they blew us off. Make sure you feed and pet the stingrays that was my favorite thing to do at Sea World.

Not to get off the subject but I just noticed your avatar. Is that a Lionhead bunny and do you own one? We have a Sable Point Lionhead male and just love him. :lovestruc

Its a baby chunky harlequin mini lop. It's not actually mine - although one of my rabbits looks exactly like it!

We have an agouti netherland dwarf, a chunky harelquin english lop, a blue 'self' mini lop and a blue otter mini lop.

I love Sable points :) what's his name?

It does cost for the fish and they have it on and off throughout the day. You can just stand next to someone feeding them if you want to just pet them but they are greedy little things and won't come near you if you don't have any fish LOL or at least that was our experience. When the fish were gone they blew us off. Make sure you feed and pet the stingrays that was my favorite thing to do at Sea World.

Thankis for the tip - just looked it up and the ray feeding looks wicked!

Think i'd be a bit scared of getting stung though!!

Its a baby chunky harlequin mini lop. It's not actually mine - although one of my rabbits looks exactly like it!

We have an agouti netherland dwarf, a chunky harelquin english lop, a blue 'self' mini lop and a blue otter mini lop.

I love Sable points :) what's his name?

I love your mini-lop's color. Just beautiful! We used to raise mini-lops when we were kids. Our current baby's name is Ollie. He's a sweetie but he sure does like to nip people too. He has a bit of an attitude. :laughing: The last bunny we had was a Netherland Dwarf. Don't you just love buns? :love:

If you don't want to pay to feed the dolphins, you can go to the side where you don't feed and ask an employee to help you. We did that and she was able to "call" the dolphins over so I could touch them. It was only for a second, but still cool!:yay:

I'm resurrecting this thread, because it's exactly what I was going to ask about!

How do you find out the dolphin feeding times for that day? Is there a big sign up somewhere?

And also, are there a squillion other people feeding the dolphins too? It sounds like fun, but not if we're squished in amongst crowds of pushy people!! :confused3

When we went the times were listed right outside the dolphin area, I'm not sure if they are listed anywhere else. It wasn't crowded at all when we went. Here is a pic of my dd feeding them it was a lot of fun.
100_2356.jpg

The times are usually posted just outside the dolphin area...Make sure to get there early, as a line forms, and the longer you have to wait, the less feeding time you get.

Also the fish are $7, CASH ONLY, and its PER PERSON...thats a new one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter