Feed back on Disneyland California Adventure Park

FLCA026

Mouseketeer
We went to Disneyland California Adventure Park yesterday and touring plans had predicted a 5 and it turned out to be an 8! It was so crowded. We have only been here one other time the same time of year and it wasn't as bad as this time. The last time we arrived earlier and we were farther up front by the rope drop than this time. Still got there early but not as early.

Some rides were down at times too. We tried Radiator Springs at rope rope and wow... the wait was long!

So hard to plan for crowds these days. We went for one day to DL this last December and crowds were predicted high but it was actually fairly slow. Then we did one day at DL at the end of February and the crowd calenders said it would be very slow and instead it was quite busy.... I think those things have become obsolete for the most parts. Seems you just gotta go when you can and take your chances. Oh, and get Genie+. That made the Feb trip turn out really good even with heavy crowds.

We went to Disneyland California Adventure Park yesterday and touring plans had predicted a 5 and it turned out to be an 8! It was so crowded. We have only been here one other time the same time of year and it wasn't as bad as this time. The last time we arrived earlier and we were farther up front by the rope drop than this time. Still got there early but not as early.

Some rides were down at times too. We tried Radiator Springs at rope rope and wow... the wait was long!
Did you manage to do any of the things you wanted to even though it was busy? What was your favorite ride?

We started with Radiator Springs and there was a long wait. 70 min I believe.
We did go on a bunch of rides and had fun but just didn’t get in as much as the first time we went last April.
I like Soarin. Incredicoaster was closed.
We did have Genie but eventually some rides weren’t available until evening!
Probably would not do Radiator springs first again. But you never know. Last time we went to Webslingers. Then we were able to just go on Radiator springs with hardly a wait. But this time I believe it was a long wait all day.

I try to avoid using any crowd predicting site or app, they've never been right after re-opening from pandemic.

The reservation system along with huge local Magic Keyholder demand allows Disney to take what used to be slow days/off season and fill the park instantly.

Last edited:
The crowd planning sites are incredibly inaccurate now. We love EE/Rope drop DCA as we can get a lot done. RSR rope drop is a waste of time unless your heart is set on it. When we rope drop DCA we hit guardians first, then incredicoaster. Then we can hit Midway, the pier, then Spider-Man, Soarin. Typically we can ride almost everything before noon, strategically using Genie +. With incredicoaster down we would have done guardians, Spider-Man, Luigi’s, then Midway and the pier. Soarin is also a waste of rope drop as they might not be using both screens early on and that time is better spent elsewhere.

Well, we did that the last time but thought we would try this.
We weren't there as early and were farther back in line too.
we did do a lot the last time and there seemed to be a time when we got on RSR but this time I don't think it got any better
We also were able to jump on Luigis and Mater the last time but this time there were wait times there also.
Now we know that wasn't the best plan.

I am just worried about our June visit now with our grandchildren and the grad nite. It is the only time we can go so we just have to make the best of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter