February - Sunscreen?

Another Aussie here, and I also wear sunscreen every single day, rain, hail or shine. 75% of Australians will get skin cancer - I'd rather be the one in four who doesn't! Not to mention, wrinkles come from sun exposure and I do NOT want wrinkles!

I am really hoping we won't need to slather our son in sunscreen since we don't bathe him every day. His skin is just way to sensitive to do that.

I don't know why my husband and I never get burnt during our January/February visits. Maybe because we are going in and out of buildings constantly so we aren't in the sun for 45 consecutive minutes much or something.

I also use their tinted sunscreen for face. Great for travel when you're too lazy to do full make up. Just set with translucent powder of you don't want shine. I hate the greasy feeling of sunscreen on arms and legs but you gotta do what you gotta do! Just rub it in really well :)
I'm hoping for the weather to be on the cooler side when we're there....escape the Australian heat!!
Might grab some of the tinted stuff too, that sounds easier ;)

Cool weather is great for walking about the parks each day

Another Aussie here, and I also wear sunscreen every single day, rain, hail or shine. 75% of Australians will get skin cancer - I'd rather be the one in four who doesn't! Not to mention, wrinkles come from sun exposure and I do NOT want wrinkles!

If it is really hot, I wear it when out and about, but not when it is only like 20 odd degrees.

AND...

Excuse me Laugh Lines - NOT wrinkles....lol

If you are fair like me, please, please, please wear sunscreen regardless of what time of year it is!

Might grab some of the tinted stuff too, that sounds easier ;)

Cool weather is great for walking about the parks each day

If it is really hot, I wear it when out and about, but not when it is only like 20 odd degrees.

AND...

Excuse me Laugh Lines - NOT wrinkles....lol

Doesn't have to be hot to give you skin cancer. Or "laugh lines"! 15 minutes outside on a cloudy day is damaging your skin.

Doesn't have to be hot to give you skin cancer. Or "laugh lines"! 15 minutes outside on a cloudy day is damaging your skin.

It's less to do with how sunny it is and more to do with the UV index. If the UV index is low, most people have to be outside longer than 15 minutes to burn.

http://www.almanac.com/uv-index-chart

I am guessing that is why I haven't burned on past winter trips. We are constantly leaving the sun to go into buildings so rarely are we outside in the blazing sun for any length of time.

Just a suggestion....we're a family of redheads so no strangers to fair skin.... My boys have always given me a hard time about using sunscreen. At all ages. I go to apply it on them and they fuss, grumble, make faces, pull away, and get the worst case of the pissy-pants. Drives me nuts. They act like I'm killing them. Their #1 complaint is they don't like how it feels. I can't really argue with that. I don't like it either. We all have to do stuff we don't like in life, tho. Right?

When at the beach, water parks, or summer swimming its mineral blocks all the way. Pain to rub on but the BEST protection.

When protecting skin during outside activities such as parks touring I've come up with a pretty good method that reduces the overall ickiness. I use a non-greasy lotion (such as Neutrogena) along with regular body lotion. I squirt a 50/50 mixture onto my hand, mix it in my palms, then smooth it into their skin. It absorbs and dries quickly. I usually reapply mid-day. For face & ears I use a bit of face lotion intended for that skin that has some sunscreen in it. Of course they still act like I'm rubbing them with acid while applying but their drama over it only lasts a few minutes. LOL!

Wrestling my boys who are now both much bigger than me is always a chore but I'll do it and play my mom card at every turn. The 50/50 method does well with their now-furry man-legs. I poke fun to distract them. I suspect the fight will continue to improve. They fought off my sunblock methods at air shows twice and got horribly blistered. This past fall the oldest granted his Mimi sunblock application which was a total shock. LOL!

I am really hoping we won't need to slather our son in sunscreen since we don't bathe him every day. His skin is just way to sensitive to do that...

UV protection clothing and hats can really help. My skin is very sensitive, so I have trouble finding a sunscreen that doesn't do more harm than good, The dermatologist gives me lots of samples (the pediatric formulas seem to work a bit better for me), but since I can't slather it on, wearing UV protection hats and shirts or scarves helps, too. You can find these items on Landsend.com, Sunprecautions.com, Amazon.com, etc. Solumbra makes a UV protection umbrella that might work over your son's stroller. Hope this helps!

For people who have experience living in California, how likely is it to rain in mid-February? We are from upstate New York and wanted to take our vacation in April but have to visit in February instead. I read online that February is the rainiest month so I'm a little worried about rain and the temperatures at night. Does Disneyland have lockers where we could store jackets for later in the day?

For people who have experience living in California, how likely is it to rain in mid-February? We are from upstate New York and wanted to take our vacation in April but have to visit in February instead. I read online that February is the rainiest month so I'm a little worried about rain and the temperatures at night. Does Disneyland have lockers where we could store jackets for later in the day?

Yes they have lockers. You'll have to check the weather forecast closer to when you come. Not much use even planning now. We've had Februaries with terrible all-day downpours and others when it didn't rain all month. Last week it snowed in SoCal. Today I'm going to the pool bc it's 78 degrees. The good thing is if it rains, there are far less guests so you can get a lot more accomplished. Most locals love DL in the rain for that reason.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter