February/March-Reading week and busy times?

Albertan mom

<font color=blue>I didn't mean too, innocent mista
We are planning a trip for sometime between the end of January to the middle of March.
Does anyone know when Reading week is?

Are there any other holidays/ busy times that I should be aware of?

I know there is a long weekend Jan 15th and Feb 19th. Any others?

We would really like to try to hit a very slow time.
Thanks!!

Reading week? I have not heard of that.

I know that spring breaks start the 1-2 week of March for Arizona. A lot of families from Arizona head to Disneyland for the week. They also have a cheerleader weekend in there, and there may be some conventions during that time. You can go to Anaheim's website and they have a list of conventions that will be going on during that time. Last year we went the week of President's day (T-TH) and it was not that bad at all. Weather during that time is off and on. It can be rainy and cold one week and nice the next. If you go mid-week you will not hit as many crowds.

Also since they do have adults pay kids prices, they are a little more crowded during that time anyway.

What is reading week? I've never heard of it either.

We went in early March last week. I think we went on the 9 or 10, and were there for 3 days. The park wasnt empty, but it wasnt packed either. We seemed to meet a LOT of people from Canada while we were there. I think it was their spring break. We will probably go back around the same time this year. We are debating between early March or early May.

Isn't Reading week a week off for schools and colleges/Universities down there?

Never heard of reading week. But spring break starts for a lot of schools in early to mid march. In Tucson, AZ it's the week before Easter, so the very end of March/very beginning of April.

You best time as far as crowds would probably be Feb, with the exception of President's Day weekend. Very low crowds (generally) in Feb. The only issue that comes with that time of year is the fact that the weather is so unpredictible like kuusimo said. Feb. is the rainy season in CA so it's not out of the question to get rained on one or more of the days you're there. There's just no way to predict it very far in advance. Also there will be more rides down for refurb. then b/c it's off-season. But with that said, we go in Feb. most years and really like it. We've got rained on from time to time but we just throw on our rain ponchos and carry on. :)

This might be somewhat helpful as far as what conventions will be going on when...
http://www.anaheimconventioncenter.com/events.cfm

We went the last week of February one year and the crowds were much smaller than we were used to in the summer. I think the longest we waited for any ride was 15 minutes. It did rain a little off & on though. Not a down pour but just enough to get you wet.

This is FYI only - it appears Splash Mtn will be going down in late January until May. There are also indications POTC will be going down in Feb until May.

Hi,

I think reading week is just for our colleges/universities...it's usually mid or late February, I think it starts on Feb. 19 this year. (My bf is still in college, so I make it a priority to know these things...:-))

HydroGuy said:
This is FYI only - it appears Splash Mtn will be going down in late January until May. There are also indications POTC will be going down in Feb until May.

What are they doing to POTC? Is it not the new version yet with Jack Sparrow like WDW?? (which was great by the way!!) pirate:

We do have Jack, but they're going to add Will and Elizabeth to the ride as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter