February Magical Family Adventures!!~ LAST DAY!! (6/5)

When we hit the parks, we hit it with a 4 year old in tow. This means we need to take time for a nap EVERY DAY. Once we thought about skipping it and there was a serious melt down in front of MAAANNY people at DHS over a sprite cap falling on the ground. :rolleyes1 We burned stroller rubber leaving that place and vowed to NEVER skip nap time again. :sad2:

Nap/rest time is critical for our group even though we are 9, 11, 34, and 39. :rotfl:

This is when I decided a "take no prisoners" approach was neccessary. If anyone trips and starts to fall on the stroller, my job is to catch them and cast them aside while we keep moving forward. Barbaric you say?? Well, that's what rope drop is.....BARBARIC. Especially at Epcot heading for Soarin'. In a situation such as this one we stick to the above plan up to the front of the Land pavillion. That's when DH pulls the stroller aside and I power forward with the rest of the crowd to the fast pass machines. Through the doors, around to the other side, down the stairs, (the 'real' stairs are faster) across the bottom level, past the ride entrance to the fast passes!! I get them, then power out of there...back up the stairs, around back to the front, out the door, down the outside ramp and FINALLY I meet up with DH and DS again. This is usually when DH starts laughing at me while I'm gasping for air and clenching the side of my waist because I'm cramping up due to being out of shape. We then usually hit Nemo with no wait at all. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed a quick example of how we roll during rope drop. :thumbsup2

Oh my gosh! I am laughing out loud over this -- it's so true!!! That surge towards Soarin' is mind-boggling. I always have the thought while doing it that the running of the bulls is probably safer. :rotfl:

Nap/rest time is critical for our group even though we are 9, 11, 34, and 39. :rotfl:

Oh my gosh! I am laughing out loud over this -- it's so true!!! That surge towards Soarin' is mind-boggling. I always have the thought while doing it that the running of the bulls is probably safer. :rotfl:

Nap time is a MUST! :thumbsup2
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: I agree!! It's like a stampede for Soarin'

Morning Blue !!

Evening Rosie!

I bribe Hollie to make her stay in a stroller!!:lmao: I am just so scared of her running off!! My mother is buying that alarm (I can't remember the name of it) that you put on a kid and then when they get so far away, an alarm sounds. I always said I wouldn't be that parent who put one of those leashes on their child. Well, one of my best friends along with her 2 nieces and her son, went with me, Chad, and Hollie to the zoo. She bought 2 of those leashes (I know they aren't called that!! lol) for her youngest niece, her son, and Hollie. Oh, I loved it!! Of course, Hollie walked with her oldest niece and I held on to the one for the 5 year old niece, but still! Chad didn't like it, but we didn't lose any kids!

I bribe Hollie to make her stay in a stroller!!:lmao: I am just so scared of her running off!! My mother is buying that alarm (I can't remember the name of it) that you put on a kid and then when they get so far away, an alarm sounds. I always said I wouldn't be that parent who put one of those leashes on their child. Well, one of my best friends along with her 2 nieces and her son, went with me, Chad, and Hollie to the zoo. She bought 2 of those leashes (I know they aren't called that!! lol) for her youngest niece, her son, and Hollie. Oh, I loved it!! Of course, Hollie walked with her oldest niece and I held on to the one for the 5 year old niece, but still! Chad didn't like it, but we didn't lose any kids!

I always said I wouldn't either but when DS was around 2 we used one of those little stuffed doggie backpacks that have the "leash" clipped on to the bottom of it. He thought he was cool with his backpack and I had peace of mind. Now he's too big for that. That's why I love the stroller too.

I made a new ADR today.......Coral Reef!! Yummy!!

Woo-hoo-hooty!! We really like it there. We've had ADR's the past 2 trips so we decided to try something different this time. I have a feeling we will be back next time, though!

Next time you go, try the "octopus juice". It is YUMMY!!!

Happy Thanxgiving Blue !!
Everyone else too !!

And a HAPPY TURKEY DAY to you too! :flower3:

Have a happy Thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving!!! So glad to see you here! You should get DH to let you plan a trip for February. :flower3:

It's alot of work. I'm directing it AND in it....It'll be over soon enough.....I like the people I'm working with...many of them I've know for over 30 years....

Aww, that sounds nice! Might be hard work but sounds worth it. If you get any pic's or video from it you should let us see a little. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter