• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

February Cruising

mollygirl13

DIS Veteran
Hi all,
My husband and I will be cruising on the Fantasy 2/10/24 sailing and while we are Platinum Disney cruisers, we have never sailed in the winter. Is it any different weather wise on sea days, evenings up on deck, dining rooms, etc. than cruising in the summer months? Should I be bringing more warmer clothes? Anything different to expect? Thanks a bunch.

I have cruised several times in January and February. The weather in the Bahamas is typically a few degrees cooler than during the summer, but still warm. However, the weather in Florida could be considerably colder — at least twice, someone in my family bought a sweatshirt or jacket on debarkation day because we were cold at Walt Disney World. The weather will warm up by your first full day onboard, and stay warm until your last night.

Castaway Cay is usually swimming weather even in January/February although there are occasional cold spells. You may want a light jacket if you’re out on the deck in the evening.

It can be windy, even in port, which makes it a bit colder. Temps are definitely lower in port than in the summer, probably by at least 10 degrees.

Since you are sailing on the Fantasy you'll be sailing further south and the temperatures will still be fairly warm. You might bring a light jacket/sweater just in case but typically you won't need one. You can check the temperatures in the ports you stop at by going to www.weather.com. Check that as you get closer to your sail date for a better idea of what to expect.

Hi! We are on the same sailing as you! We have sailed almost exclusively in Feb and we are also Platinum. It is typically cooler at night on deck, so I bring a hoodie or sweater. The dining rooms are cool as well. Ports that we are going to are almost always hot and humid! We did Cozumel in Feb and it was so hot and humid, we were wishing we had done a beach excursion. I have been to Castaway at least 6 times during Feb and we have mostly had sunny and warm (for those of us from the North, anything over 50 is warm!). It may rain, but it is usually short bursts. I still pack shorts, capris, tank tops, and swim suits for the day, but I would suggest at least one pair of long pants for dinners as the dining rooms can be chilly, like I mentioned before. We are so close to our cruise, cannot wait!!!:bounce::banana:

Lisa

Hi! We are on the same sailing as you! We have sailed almost exclusively in Feb and we are also Platinum. It is typically cooler at night on deck, so I bring a hoodie or sweater. The dining rooms are cool as well. Ports that we are going to are almost always hot and humid! We did Cozumel in Feb and it was so hot and humid, we were wishing we had done a beach excursion. I have been to Castaway at least 6 times during Feb and we have mostly had sunny and warm (for those of us from the North, anything over 50 is warm!). It may rain, but it is usually short bursts. I still pack shorts, capris, tank tops, and swim suits for the day, but I would suggest at least one pair of long pants for dinners as the dining rooms can be chilly, like I mentioned before. We are so close to our cruise, cannot wait!!!:bounce::banana:

Lisa
Yay!! Thank you for this. We are from outside of Philly so yes anything over 50 is warm! Will def bring a mixture of clothing. Getting excited and looking forward to some sunshine and relaxation. This is my 50th Birthday Cruise and we can’t wait.

We have sailed in February 3 times. Twice we had very nice, beach weather and once was cold and windy. We didn't make it to CC that trip and went to Nassau instead. They were handing out blankets on deck that day.

We’re sailing in two weeks and this will be our 3rd February cruise. It’s usually chilli when we sail away. A light sweater may be needed for nights.

Hi all,
My husband and I will be cruising on the Fantasy 2/10/24 sailing and while we are Platinum Disney cruisers, we have never sailed in the winter. Is it any different weather wise on sea days, evenings up on deck, dining rooms, etc. than cruising in the summer months? Should I be bringing more warmer clothes? Anything different to expect? Thanks a bunch.
We went on the Wish last Feb. I'd say take a sweatshirt or a hoodie that and a few pairs of pants. We were typically fine in our t-shirts on deck at night during the shows. The ocean temps are a bit cool if you are going to snorkel, I'd recommend a neoprene 3/2 mil. long sleeve zip up wetsuit jacket if you plan on spending a lot of time in the water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter