February at the Fort---too cold for tent camping?

sweet maxine

DIS Veteran
I can't seem to find what I'm looking for on a search, so I would appreciate your help if you have tent camped at the fort in February. Is it too cold for swimming at the pool during that time? Too cold in general? Your thoughts, please.

This past year, February averaged 70 during the day and 50's at night. Everyone has their own sense of too hot and too cold for activities.

Check weather.com or wunderground.com yourself for average temps for the month.

We camped at the Fort for 10 days in a tent this past November. It was nice during the day... but evenings were chilly. We put an electric heater in the tent and was amazed at how warm it was inside. The sound was nice too.

The pools are heated so they are always good to swim.

Im going to be tent camping jan 30th - feb 16th. It'll be my first time so i can't tell you if it'll be to cold or not. I think as long as i'm prepared for the cold it won't be a problem. I've got my thermals ready just in case but i don't think i will actually use them.

I'd rather go in April, but the rates are much better in February---probably the crowds too.

We went the weekend prior to Valentine's Day this year and it was FREEZING! Some had tents, others Pop-up and TT. The nights were HORRIBLE. The wind was very very strong! We could not stand to ride the boat over to Fort Wilderness Lodge. But hey it's Florida! You will never know to be honest!!!!! Some February's you are in short sleeve shirts>> all depends!

I think it is a crap shoot. We were down in Disney one December/January (at a hotel), and it was so cold that Disney shut down the pool for two days. We were freezing at night when we went to the parks. Now, other times, the weather might be beautiful.

Disney in February is great except swimming unless you belong to the Polar Bear club. Yes the pools are some what heated but the air when you get out isn't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter