• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

February assistance please

burnaroonie

Happy Together!
Hey guys! Been to the Fort several times but have never been in February. Tell me everything I need to know about the fort and doing Disney in February please. We will be there the first two weeks. Going to be in our small travel trailer and hoping to have a great time even when it's cool.

I've been down over Valentine's Day twice. We didn't stay at the Fort though. (At a conference both times, camped off site, Tropical Palms, and at the conference hotel the other time) We did go to the Fort both times.

The Fort was pretty quiet. The parks were crowded on holidays (President's Day and Valentine's Day) and the weekend, but other days it was great! There are more winter events now. I'd have to look at the calendar to see what is going on in early February. They will drive up parks attendance, but not as much at the Fort.

Weather can be a crap shoot. Plan for anything from 40-80... And maybe on the same day. :-). One trip is was cool the whole trip. Upper 40s in the morning. Highs in the 50s to mid 60s. The other trip it was great. Upper 50s-70s the whole time.

j

I've been down over Valentine's Day twice. We didn't stay at the Fort though. (At a conference both times, camped off site, Tropical Palms, and at the conference hotel the other time) We did go to the Fort both times.

The Fort was pretty quiet. The parks were crowded on holidays (President's Day and Valentine's Day) and the weekend, but other days it was great! There are more winter events now. I'd have to look at the calendar to see what is going on in early February. They will drive up parks attendance, but not as much at the Fort.

Weather can be a crap shoot. Plan for anything from 40-80... And maybe on the same day. :-). One trip is was cool the whole trip. Upper 40s in the morning. Highs in the 50s to mid 60s. The other trip it was great. Upper 50s-70s the whole time.

j
Great! That helps um I wasn't for sure about the weather or how the crowds will be in the parks. I have breathing trouble so I can't really stand the heat of the day anymore so I'm hoping it will be on the cool side.

Hey guys! Been to the Fort several times but have never been in February. Tell me everything I need to know about the fort and doing Disney in February please. We will be there the first two weeks. Going to be in our small travel trailer and hoping to have a great time even when it's cool.

Have been twice to the Fort in February and both times were cold and rainy - not exactly out kind of weather to be out in all day. We left two days early this past Feb. Next year we plan to go in April.

Of course, from other's reports, the opposite can be true - lovely weather. Am sure it's hit and miss, but we have no plans to go at that time again - the parks seemed about average to us - not super crowded, but definitely not a slow time either (actually don't think there 'are' slow times anymore).

Have been twice to the Fort in February and both times were cold and rainy - not exactly out kind of weather to be out in all day. We left two days early this past Feb. Next year we plan to go in April.

Of course, from other's reports, the opposite can be true - lovely weather. Am sure it's hit and miss, but we have no plans to go at that time again - the parks seemed about average to us - not super crowded, but definitely not a slow time either (actually don't think there 'are' slow times anymore).
Thanks NoM!
Cold and rainy is good for me! We won't tell the wife though I always expect crowds when we go, if they are light it's just a bonus. So, from what I can gather, we need to be prepared for a wide range of variable weather perhaps even on the same day. OK,will prepare for all.

we need to be prepared for a wide range of variable weather perhaps even on the same day. OK,will prepare for all.
I think you got it! :)

Here is a link to the weather this past February. http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/orlando-fl/32801/february-weather/328169

As you can see. February 2nd and 3rd, the high was 84. Overnight low on the 3rd was 70. A week later on February 9th and 10th, the high was 61 with overnight low of 40. And 40 is really close to the 30s. And we know what happens in the 30s. FREEZING! :eek:

February weather will be unpredictable. Preparing for all is the best way to go.

The crowd calendars for the first 2 weeks in February have the parks as 2-3 during the week and 5-6 on the weekends. All in all, pretty nice.

j

I think you got it! :)

Here is a link to the weather this past February. http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/orlando-fl/32801/february-weather/328169

As you can see. February 2nd and 3rd, the high was 84. Overnight low on the 3rd was 70. A week later on February 9th and 10th, the high was 61 with overnight low of 40. And 40 is really close to the 30s. And we know what happens in the 30s. FREEZING! :eek:

February weather will be unpredictable. Preparing for all is the best way to go.

The crowd calendars for the first 2 weeks in February have the parks as 2-3 during the week and 5-6 on the weekends. All in all, pretty nice.

j
Hey, thanks for the link!!! That was exactly what I needed!

We love going going the 2nd week of Feb. The days are comfy enough for a light jacket. After the sun sets we needed a warmer jacket. Crowds not bad. But who knows about Mother Nature. Sometimes she needs to take a pill & chill.

We love going going the 2nd week of Feb. The days are comfy enough for a light jacket. After the sun sets we needed a warmer jacket. Crowds not bad. But who knows about Mother Nature. Sometimes she needs to take a pill & chill.
As long as our site doesn't flood completely, I'll be good! The only time I've ever been cold there was in December and the forecast was sunny and in the 80s....was drizzley all day and about 64. Flew home the next day and wound up in bed for a week. That's a good reason to be prepared for anything!

Cool! Thanks for all the info on February. We have been in January, April, May and November but never in February. We are scheduled to be at the Fort from the 5th-11th. I am honestly hoping for swimming weather and being from Ohio 70s in February would be awesome. One of the reasons I love having a trailer is being able to pack whatever we might need clothe wise so will pack for everything.

We have gone from first weeks of January to last two weeks of February. It was definitely warmer the last two weeks of February, but due to the NE US winter break presidents week, crowds where thicker. Earlier then that its mostly southern Hemisphere visitors and tour groups. But crowds where way lower. I will say pack for all seasons, we saw 60-70, we also saw high 30-low 40. Be prepared to want to change around dinner time, at least I would be shorts during the day and pants at night and possiblity a light to medium coat. Still beat the freezing weather back home.

Thanks to everyone for all of your help! We will now be prepared for any type of weather any type of crowd and all things in between. The only time I ever get cold is riding the boat back from the Magic Kingdom. I guess I'll just stuff newspaper in my drawers for that one! Our sleeping area is 4 by 8 in a small camper and our living area will be under a canopy with tent walls and floor. Doing the Shakedown run with the new tent sides and awning in November in Williamsburg Virginia. Thanks again for all your help you guys are the best!

Thanks to everyone for all of your help! We will now be prepared for any type of weather any type of crowd and all things in between. The only time I ever get cold is riding the boat back from the Magic Kingdom. I guess I'll just stuff newspaper in my drawers for that one! Our sleeping area is 4 by 8 in a small camper and our living area will be under a canopy with tent walls and floor. Doing the Shakedown run with the new tent sides and awning in November in Williamsburg Virginia. Thanks again for all your help you guys are the best!

The good thing is if your tent has walls, a small heater could easily take the chill out of the air. Since even the tent/partial sites have 1 20A and 1 30A plug you have LOTS of power to run things. Just get yourself and adaptor or split cord. Both can be useful even at other campgrounds if they have power at the site.

The good thing is if your tent has walls, a small heater could easily take the chill out of the air. Since even the tent/partial sites have 1 20A and 1 30A plug you have LOTS of power to run things. Just get yourself and adaptor or split cord. Both can be useful even at other campgrounds if they have power at the site.
That's the plan so far. Small heater for inside the camper and our Vornado for outside under the awning/tent. Several high capacity cords and two surge protectors from local utility company. I've camped too many times that I have wished I had been more prepared for the cold. Not anymore! Getting too old for that now.:charac2: Thanks for the information! I appreciate all the help I can get!

I can remember the first time camping at the Fort. It was February of 98. Stepped outside of the camper at about 6:00 to walk the pups and all I could hear and smell was propane furnaces in RV's. It was cool / cold that trip but it was our first..... So take warm clothing and be prepared for a good time. The parks aren't full that time of year.

14 days 2 hours and 6 minutes till the Fort................

I can remember the first time camping at the Fort. It was February of 98. Stepped outside of the camper at about 6:00 to walk the pups and all I could hear and smell was propane furnaces in RV's. It was cool / cold that trip but it was our first..... So take warm clothing and be prepared for a good time. The parks aren't full that time of year.

14 days 2 hours and 6 minutes till the Fort................
Thanks Kid! Hope you folks have a great time also :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter