February 9, 2013 - Magic out of Galveston??

Had your friend cone on fb or here yet or filled our the questionnaire to join??? Just wondering. Girl you better get packing.....lol. I am almost done. Although I am rethinking my girls semi formal

Yes she did fill out the questionair and joined the FB page - she is the second to last person on the questionaire - well as of last night - I have not checked again today to see if there was anyone else.
Plan on packing and planning anything else I need to buy this weekend - oh and deciding on a formal for myself.

We don't have to long and we will be at sailway party!!!! Actually I can't wait to fly out. A month from tomorrow I will be on a plane!!!!!

We don't have to long and we will be at sailway party!!!! Actually I can't wait to fly out. A month from tomorrow I will be on a plane!!!!!

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

With the yucky weather we have had this weekend, I managed to get some packing done. I still have a lot to finish but at least it is started :goodvibes

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

With the yucky weather we have had this weekend, I managed to get some packing done. I still have a lot to finish but at least it is started :goodvibes

Agree with the yucky weather! But I was able to get my FE's done again - I really think I am finished except for packing up one project that has to dry for a while.:cool1: tonight I plan on seeing what clothes we have and what we still need to but.

Minnie321 said:
We live in Houma. Was born and raised in New Orleans and moved to Houma after college. We have been planning since last February and still get super excited every time the subject comes up! We just got back from getting passports. Is this your first Disney cruise?

We are from Lafayette and heading to Galveston for the Mardi Gras cruise. We just got home today from DuLarge. We love it down the bayou!!!!

Is it too late to join the FE group? This is our first cruise so I'm still learning how it all works. We are so excited. Does anyone know how many formal and semi formal nights we will have on this cruise?

Is it too late to join the FE group? This is our first cruise so I'm still learning how it all works. We are so excited. Does anyone know how many formal and semi formal nights we will have on this cruise?

Welcome aboard!!:cheer2: This won't be ur last...we have all said that this was our first cruise before and now I am on 5!! 6 in Dec 2013!!! We have 1 formal nt(sunday) and a semi formal on weds I think.

There is 1 formal and 1 semi-formal night, as well as a pirate night.

This is the schedule I was told by the DCL rep when I called them a few weeks ago:
Sunday is formal princess:
Tuesday is Pirate night pirate:
Wednesday is semi-formal

Unfortunately we closed the FE group on Christmas Day, then extended it until January 4th, but have closed it again. Sorry. It is just hard to keep adding people when you only have 33 days left.

So surprising my wife and 3 1/2 year daughter with this crusie kinda last minute. (She thinks were going to Houston for the NBA all star game which is 2/15 thru 2-17), Flying in from CA, looks like one night before and staying one night afterwards.

Brand new to message boards but now after 24 pages feel like I have had a education. (DD, KSF, DH, FB, FH, WDW, DS) took me about six-eight pages to catch on but think I have it all square. Lots of awesome tips, and insight, I booked thru Costco so I feel semi out of the loop on the details and benefits of the Disney Cruise. So I think I have the hang of it.

My DW and DD have cruise before but only when she was 1 1/2, and just a quick turn around mexico cruise. DW and me have taken 3 princess crusies, so the disney theme should be a blast. Even after 24 pages I have a few questions.

For a 3 1/2 year old almost 4 at the sailing do you think the kid clubs are safe to leave her there? I noticed that the clubs say that parents are not allowed and i think that might freak out the wife?

We got waitlisted for 1st seating, but were told we could do a freestyle seating/dining choice. With that option can you still visit the different dining rooms on some sort of rotation?

I was planning on just staying by a airport hotel pre & post cruise (so that i can take advantage of their free shuttle to and from airport) and then use the Disney transfers to port and back. This would negiate the need for a car, and more importantly a car seat? Is this wise or would I be better to find something indpendent to get to the cruise terminal early ahead of the disney cruise transfer? Would this also give me a better chance of getting on early and then maybe geeting first stab on the first dinner time?

Any help would be great! Both are going to be totally floored when they find out what were doing. Trying to keep it a secret till we get on the shuttle to the port!

So surprising my wife and 3 1/2 year daughter with this crusie kinda last minute. (She thinks were going to Houston for the NBA all star game which is 2/15 thru 2-17), Flying in from CA, looks like one night before and staying one night afterwards.

Brand new to message boards but now after 24 pages feel like I have had a education. (DD, KSF, DH, FB, FH, WDW, DS) took me about six-eight pages to catch on but think I have it all square. Lots of awesome tips, and insight, I booked thru Costco so I feel semi out of the loop on the details and benefits of the Disney Cruise. So I think I have the hang of it.

My DW and DD have cruise before but only when she was 1 1/2, and just a quick turn around mexico cruise. DW and me have taken 3 princess crusies, so the disney theme should be a blast. Even after 24 pages I have a few questions.

For a 3 1/2 year old almost 4 at the sailing do you think the kid clubs are safe to leave her there? I noticed that the clubs say that parents are not allowed and i think that might freak out the wife?

We got waitlisted for 1st seating, but were told we could do a freestyle seating/dining choice. With that option can you still visit the different dining rooms on some sort of rotation?

I was planning on just staying by a airport hotel pre & post cruise (so that i can take advantage of their free shuttle to and from airport) and then use the Disney transfers to port and back. This would negiate the need for a car, and more importantly a car seat? Is this wise or would I be better to find something indpendent to get to the cruise terminal early ahead of the disney cruise transfer? Would this also give me a better chance of getting on early and then maybe geeting first stab on the first dinner time?

Any help would be great! Both are going to be totally floored when they find out what were doing. Trying to keep it a secret till we get on the shuttle to the port!

So awesome that you are surprising your DW and DD. As for the differrence in cruises...big DISNEY difference. If the NBA is the 15th, then how are u explaining going down early for our Feb 9th cruise. ?? U sure u are on this cruise? :lmao:

yes I think you couldn't be on any safer cruise line. My kids have loved the clubs. My DD's first time was 2 1/2 yrs old. The keeping the parents out started after like our 2nd cruise cause too many parents hanging out which leads to the kids not getting the fun experience and also it's for the safety of the other kids. I mean I prefer that a bunch of adults I don't know aren't in there hanging around my kids...just a better situation all together to keep parents time in there to a minimum. Counselors can't keep an eye on the kids if they are getting interrupted by adults.
I don't know what u are talking "freestyle"!! Maybe that U can go to topsiders buffet on deck 9 for dinner instead of the resteraunt but why would you wanna miss on the dining rotations. I think once you get onboard maybe u can switch from second to first dining. U definately wanna go to the dining rooms!!
I would try and be at the port a bit before ur port arrival time...what time did u get?? I mean yes the earlier u can get on then u get ahead of others requesting things. We aren't staying by Hobby cause I heard it isn't a nice/safe area. We are renting a car from enterprise for $60 and dropping it in galveston. staying there seems nicer. I think we are going out on the Bolivar Ferry,, it's free and I guess u can see a ton of dolphins. My kids will love it!!
So awesome of u to do this for ur wife!!

Hi cruisers!!!! My DW, DD and I can't wait for this cruise. We are long time Disney World goers. Married there in 2000 and go about once every couple years. This will be our first Disney cruise.
I found this thread and wow! So first - what is FE (fish extenders?)
Looking to book a hotel for night before. Does it pay to stay at Galvez for $215 and not pay the parking fee at terminal?
My daughter is really nervous about the cruise. She thinks that we're just going to drop her off at the kids club and never see her. Ha! I wish. I know that she'll get over it, but maybe knowing someone here might help.
FYI - we're coming in from Lewisville, TX.
thanks!!!
Larry

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter