February 5, 2011 Western Carribean **Cruise Meet **

I used to be so organized...:confused3
I'm just now getting to the boards for our upcoming cruise. Count us in, please :goodvibes
I am DVCkidsMom aka Linda
travelling with DH Rob, DS Robbie (12), DD Jean (10) and in other stateroom my parents, Harry and Sally
we are in 7586 with my parents a few cabins over
Yes we've cruised before on DCL and other
I don't remember if this is all of the recommended info or not. Now I've got 16 pages to read to get caught up :scared1: Will post again when I'm up to date.

Looks like NASA moved the shuttle launch from Feb 3rd until the end of the month. There goes my hopes of seeing a shuttle launch before the cruise.

We once were 4 and now we're 6. When Joybiz posted on this board there were only 4 friends travelling. Since then our 2 fantastic cousins are travelling with us. The ages of these children are 50 & 47.

We were wondering if there was a babysitting service on board. . .

OOUCH - One of the children just slapped me!! :laughing:

For those who are planning what to wear.
Had some time today to do some research:
2/3 2/4 2/5
72 72 72 Average High
50 50 50 Average Low
88 86 85 Record High
35 29 29 Record Low

This is NOT the forcast for those days, only the averages and records.
:surfweb:

We once were 4 and now we're 6. When Joybiz posted on this board there were only 4 friends travelling. Since then our 2 fantastic cousins are travelling with us. The ages of these children are 50 & 47.

We were wondering if there was a babysitting service on board. . .

OOUCH - One of the children just slapped me!! :laughing:

Ooooh let me know about the babysitting. This is my parents first ocean cruise in decades and I may need a break from sitting them. I promise that they are fully potty trained :thumbsup2
I won't get hit for my comments though, because they don't DIS ;)

We are the Goodman family from Ga. This will be our second Disney Cruise, our first was in 2005. We are traveling with Jesi, our DD age 13 and River our DS, age 7. My husband Jesse and I (Rachael) are so excited! We are celebrating my 35th b-day (Feb 14) on this cruise. Our stateroom is 7078.

For those who are planning what to wear.
Had some time today to do some research:
2/3 2/4 2/5
72 72 72 Average High
50 50 50 Average Low
88 86 85 Record High
35 29 29 Record Low

This is NOT the forcast for those days, only the averages and records.
:surfweb:

Thanks for taking the time today! Can't believe less than three weeks away!

We're joining you all for the 2/5 cruise, and the same 13 that cruised in 2009 are back for a 2nd helping. We've got 8 adults and 5 kids, all in the 4-10 range.
Really looking forward to having a few more days to enjoy the ship!

Looks like NASA moved the shuttle launch from Feb 3rd until the end of the month. There goes my hopes of seeing a shuttle launch before the cruise.

yeah i was hoping they would bump it a day but guess we'll miss it.

cheers
:goofy:

Has anyone seen recent (non Halloween or Christmas Navigators)? I thought I saw some but can't find them now.

Hi everyone, its me again.

We are just trying to organise what to bring with us. As this is our first Disney Cruise, we were wondering what to bring. Is there formal nights like on the other cruises? And would love to know when the pirates night is as we all have our pirates costumes on the ready pirate:

Just can not wait anymore!! Only 16 days till we fly State side :woohoo:

We are just trying to organise what to bring with us. As this is our first Disney Cruise, we were wondering what to bring. Is there formal nights like on the other cruises? And would love to know when the pirates night is as we all have our pirates costumes on the ready pirate:

As this is our first Disney Cruise, we were wondering what to bring.
Check the cruise line web-site they have list of suggested items.

Is there formal nights like on the other cruises?
Yes a formal and a semi-formal night

And would love to know when the pirates night is as we all have our pirates costumes on the ready pirate:
I have seen references to pirate night being on either of two nights depending on the weather forcast: either Tuesday or Wednesday night

Formal night is the first at sea day--Monday. Pirate night is usually Cozumel day--Wednesday. There is also a semi-formal night, which I believe is Thursday.

Enjoy!

Thanks Mommy Poppins

looking forward to it...so close now....need to finish pirate gear!!

cheers
:goofy:

This is either an amazing list or total overkill. Since this is our first cruise I don't know. It is very detailed and has lots of things we wouldn't have brought without it

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=935094&highlight=packing+excel

I use an even larger packing list, possibly from another cruise website. It was called ultimate packing list. Basically I use these overkill lists because I won't forget anything but I cross out any items that don't apply to this trip.
Binoculars - definitely took to Alaska, likely won't bother for this one
Duct Tape - don't travel without it

My favorite "cruise" items to pack include an over-the-door shoe hanger pocket style, pop-up dirty clothes hamper, for family a hanging shoe organizer shelf style, insulated mug for portable beverages.
Shoe pockets store all those little things that would otherwise litter the limited counter space: sun lotion, glasses, accessories... The hanging shoe shelves organize the family's shoes so they don't litter the floor, but this only works if you have more shoes than other items that need to hang in the closet. The pop-up hamper stores dirty clothes neatly. We fold out dirty clothes on trips so we can take the support out of the hamper and just pack it full of the dirty clothes for the trip home. Saves having to fold/pack dirty clothes at end of trip and no need to re-sort laundry when home.

These lists are personal choice. I don't wear make-up very often so I can delete the makeup and remover stuff from my list. Some need more clothes or shoes than others. YMMV

Whew, finally made it through all the posts. Here is my summary: I and a few others missed the FE and magnet deadlines. The DIS meet is day one (Port Canaveral, right?) at 2:30 Promenade Lounge. I don't think we have official shirts, lanyards or anything. Per other threads/posts/tradition, lime green is the DIS color so I, personally, might try to wear a lime green something somewhere on my person for the meet.
It seems there is an early crew some of whom aren't posting as much in the last few pages (they are probably organized and ready ;)) and a late-to-the-party crew who are posting more now and only just started like us. :rolleyes1
I hope to meet you all at the DIS meet on day one - sdjen, please confirm - especially those of us with children who will be together in the clubs. (Our DS is 12 and DD 10.) Oct. W.ern Navigators from previous page link state 2:30-3:15 is Walking Ship Tour. Anyone other than us want the Walking Ship Tour and would have a conflict with DIS meet? If DIS meet stays at 2:30, I'll split my party some to meet and some to tour.
Can't wait! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter