February 5, 2011 Western Carribean **Cruise Meet **

Sorry I havent posted in awhile.

I am starting to look now into the shore excursions, not sure if I want to stick with the ship excursions or do some on our own. Interested in seeing what others are doing. I know the kids would love to swim with the dolphins!

Would be interested in a dinner at Palo's, shirts etc..

lol... I didnt realize that we were cruising during the Super Bowl.

My husband and I were talking today about the cruise not being that far away!

Hope everyone had an awesome weekend!
Kim

g'day

we have a couple families joined the magnet exchange so far....

it's really quite easy, just go to any office supply store nd by the magnet paper you can print on. Last time i did 3 magnets per family and some extras for our door!!

if you need more info PVT MSG me

cheers
:goofy:

I think i have narrowed down the excursions for our trip.

Here are my plans so far

Thursday - fly to Orlando and hopefully arrive about 7:30 pm. We will be staying at the Embassy Suites by the airport since I had enough points for two free nights.

Friday - go to Seaworld for the day. I will probably rent a car to get us there and back but not sure 100% yet.

Saturday - i am leaning towards doing a car service to and from the port. I just really dont want to hassle with luggage, directions or driving since it will just be the two of us. Anyone want to share a limo?? :)

Key West - after researching, i think we will probably do the trolley with on off privleges rather than the Disney excursion. Will definitely hit the aquarium and probably the butterfly place. I also want to make it to the southermost point marker and figure this would be an easy way to get everything done. If the rates dont change, I can get a pass for me for $29 and Amanda would be free!

Grand Cayman - I am leaning towards doing Botswains here. I would love to do the stingrays but in reading about other's trips, it seems like the water can be deep and rough and I am worried about trying to manage a 5 year old in that. So, i think we will do this instead. Looks like a neat place.

Cozumel - I think we will probably do a dolphin excursion here at Chakannaab. Looks really neat and we can spend pretty much the whole day there.

Castway Cay - want to do the stingray excursion here (looks a lot more controlled) and then just have beach time. This trip will be the first time I have ever really been in an ocean so I am looking forward to that.

ANyone else want to share their plans??? We need to get this thread going again !!! Again, i apologize for not being more involved ;)

Hi everyone. I'm Purplepegs DH she posted in Sept. We are looking forward to sailing again on the Magic!!!! I wanted to know if there are any geocachers in the group????

You will soon discover I don't venture far without GPS in hand!!!! :cool1:

My wife and I will be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary. This will be our 1st cruise and 1st vacation without the kids. Will be spending 5 night in Disney World after the cruise. Looking forward to doing some Geocaching during the cruise.

My wife and I will be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary. This will be our 1st cruise and 1st vacation without the kids. Will be spending 5 night in Disney World after the cruise. Looking forward to doing some Geocaching during the cruise.

Hey Thnlk you are going to have a great Anniversary.....cruise, WDW and no kids!!!!:cool1: any other geocachers out there? If so maybe we can plan a cache run at one of the ports???? Who knows!!!!

Congrats on your anniversary!! What a fun way to celebrate - hope you have a wonderful cruise!

We are almost to the single digits :cool1: :cool1:

How many of us are interested in doing the following:

1. Fish Extender exchange
2. DIS meet on first day
3. PALO dinner
4. Any other fun ideas??

We need to get started on planning a little more before we run out of time ;)

Hope to hear from everyone!

Being new I was wounding what a couple of things are
What is a FE exchange/list
What is a fish extender exchange.
I've looked around but haven't found them defined.

we (and I mean I because I'll be doing all the work!:rotfl2:) would be up for FE although I guess that means I better get going on making one. Always up for Palo, yum yum.
We always love meeting new people so we'd be up for a meet.
Who else has ideas?
I don't think we will be doing any excursions, just wandering, shopping, Geodoc will be geocaching......

We're very interested in the FE---kids loved it on our cruise in January. Would love to do a meet as well!

100 DAYS!!!!:banana::banana:

Being new I was wounding what a couple of things are
What is a FE exchange/list
What is a fish extender exchange.
I've looked around but haven't found them defined.

I am copying this from the tips thread. Happy reading!!

So just what exactly is a “fish” and just why does it need “extending”? Well… The “fish” is a combination wall decoration/ornament and message clip that is attached to the wall outside every cabin on the Magic & Wonder. The CMs (that’s “Cast Members” for the newbies) use them to leave messages, official forms or invitations for the occupants of the cabin as needed. It’s kind of like a glorified fridge-magnet and it looks like this: (click on the image to enlarge)

A “Fish Extender” is any thing that you care to hang on the fish. Literally anything will qualify, but in general, they are usually some type pocket organizer similar to a shoe caddy or mail organizer. They can be as simple as a canvass bag or as complex as your imagination cares to stretch. Here are a couple from our last cruise: (click to enlarge)

We’re are not very good with a needle and thread, so we engineered ours out of a couple of small cotton bags, a Disney themed bandana and some chain from a light fixture and ended up with this variation on the idea: (click to enlarge)

So, what’s it for? Well… It’s become a kind of “Secret Santa” game played by the folks who roam the DIS Boards. The idea is that every DIS Member who is on the same cruise will go around the ship and leave a little “nick-nack” or “whats-it” in the pouches for the other members that are playing along. The generally agreed rules are that you give out gifts to each participant once per cruise, and that the gifts should be very inexpensive trinkets that either fit a cruise or holiday theme and/or show off a little taste of who you are or the place that you call home. Here’s a link to a continuing thread on the boards that discusses the subject at length:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1219607

Here is what i managed to find out so far. We need to have between 12-14 people to get the private room for this.

Also, just to let you know, if we do a group dinner, any other reservations that were made online for Palo will be cancelled if this dinner gets "approved" by Disney. However, you can try to get a second dinner reserved when you get on the Magic in February. Here is what someone told me:

List date of cruise, names and reservation numbers of people for the reservation, first and second choice of date and time (either 6 or 8:30 p.m. for dinner). Then, list where you can be contacted during the day by telephone.

Then, 30 days prior to cruise, you will be contacted by DCL to let you know when (and if) you get the private dining room. If anyone in your party has made separate Palo's reservations, they will be cancelled when this reservation takes its' place. So make sure everyone knows that if they want another dinner separately, they have to wait until they get on the ship to try to make a second booking.

So, i need anyone intersted to let me know soon so I can see if we have the correct number to get this reserved. Also, when you do respond, please let m me know if you have a preference for which night or time.

Thanks everyone!!

ps _ so excited - I made the final payment for our cruise today :cool1:

We would be interested in Palos, time really doesnt matter, however would prefer it not to be on the 10th of February since that is our 10 year anniversary! Thanks so much for looking into this for us!

My wife and I would like to do the FE exchange,meet and greet, and the Palo

I'm so happy to have found this forum! It's been a long time dream of mine to take my kids on a Disney cruise. I went on one of the first, so called Disney cruises back in 1993 on the Big Red Boat. This year, my hubby granted my wish and we are booked on this trip. First we're headed to WDW for a few days, to stay at the All Star Music Resort. I'm so excited I can hardly sleep! The rest of the family has never cruised before. We aren't telling the kids until Christmas.

Here are our details:

Username: Garrica
Garrett & Jessica
Along with 4 kids:
Ethan 15, Kalista 10, Seth almost 9 (bday 2/14), Griffin almost 7 (bday2/25)
We're split between 2 staterooms (not connected) on deck 5. This is the only bummer to the whole trip so far, but at least they both have verandahs.

We are very interested in participating in the FE exchange, t-shirts and magnets. I can't wait!:cheer2:

Update: I was able to change our reservation to 2 adjoining rooms on deck 6 (6516 & 6518). I had to give up our "kids sail free" discount and in the end we paid more for category 9 rooms than we had booked the category 6 for, but I feel better about staying together as a family, so it was well worth it. Looking forward to more planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter