February 4th 2017 Disney Fantasy - Western

Greetings to All!

Just joined up and this is our first post - TA-DAA! My wife and I took our oldest grandson on our 1st Disney cruise last March during Spring Break to celebrate his 16th birthday. This was combined with before and after visits to WDW. We had been to WDW many times before but never on a Disney cruise. Now we are hooked! We are going on this cruise with my brother and his wife--a bunch of "seniors" with no kids this time; however we are kids at heart! We heard about the FE and thought that would be a blast. We would like to hook up maybe with other grandparents traveling grandkids and/or couples who wouldn't mind some surrogate grandparents on this cruise. Someone please advise us as to the next step(s) to get connected with a FE group; or is something we launch ourselves?

Tim & Wanda

Hello all,

This will be our 3rd Cruise and our second Fantasy cruise. This year it will be just me, the hubby, and the two youngest girls (oldest kids keep growing up darn it).

"to participate in conversations, everyone needs to have at least 10 posts. For those who wish to use this option for private conversations and don't have 10 posts yet, head over to the Test board to post and up your post count.http://www.disboards.com/forums/test-board.88/"

OK, I posted 10 messages on the Test Board. Why? Because I am supposed to. Doesn't make any sense, but did it any way. Now what?

Sure, we'd like to participate in "conversations", but is a "conversation"? How and when can we enter a picture/avatar? We're still trying to figure out how to start or join a FE group for this cruise. We will persist! YouTube videos talk about Facebook FE groups, too. No luck so far. Anyone care to help out here? We still have 11 months until the cruise.

"to participate in conversations, everyone needs to have at least 10 posts. For those who wish to use this option for private conversations and don't have 10 posts yet, head over to the Test board to post and up your post count.http://www.disboards.com/forums/test-board.88/"

OK, I posted 10 messages on the Test Board. Why? Because I am supposed to. Doesn't make any sense, but did it any way. Now what?

Sure, we'd like to participate in "conversations", but is a "conversation"? How and when can we enter a picture/avatar? We're still trying to figure out how to start or join a FE group for this cruise. We will persist! YouTube videos talk about Facebook FE groups, too. No luck so far. Anyone care to help out here? We still have 11 months until the cruise.
Conversations are what Private Messages are on other sites. The only people who can see the information posted in a conversation are those who have been invited into the conversation. You can have up to 20 people participating in a conversation. To start one you can either click on the avatar or username of the person you wish to have a conversation with (if there's only one), or you can hover over "Inbox" in the upper right and click on "start a new conversation". You can indicate on the next page who you wish to invite into the conversation. Once a conversation is started, you can invite others to join by scrolling down to the lower right "Conversation Participants" window and clicking on "Invite more".

Once you've got your 10 posts you can add avatars/signatures. One note it does take the system a little time to recognize you've gotten your 10 posts (30-60 minutes). Then hover over your username in the upper right and click on "Avatar" or "Signature" to add those. Another note - photos must be smaller than 1MB to use them, and you must use a photo hosting site to download the photo. Be sure to click "save changes" at the bottom of the page (for signature) once you've set it up.

See post #16 for info on setting up a FE group. Typically a good time to start a FE group is about 5-6 months out. Before that you have a lot of people booking the cruise and saying they want to participate, and then you never hear from them again. By 5-6 months out most people have made the mental commitment to the cruise and are mentally more ready to participate.

We will participate in the FE, but there is no way I am qualified to organize it ..... LOL.
I don't know the intricacies of these boards (it took me a lot of trial and error to get the ticker in my signature) well enough to tell you how to put a picture/avatar...but it's probably somewhere top left banner...under your user name.

Looking forward to cruising with you!

Hello All and thanks for the help. As you can now see, Wanda and Tim now have a picture of themselves as their avatar. Yes, indeed, we are making progress.

OK, I guess we are a bit premature in attempting to start/find an FE group. In the meantime, I think I will check out cruises that are coming soon to see what sort of FE discussions are taking place. That might be a useful resource for us "newbies" trying to figure this out. In any case, it should be lots of fun. We are already working on lots of gifts ideas!

Hello all! Myself, husband, and two sons, 10, 13, and my parents, will all be on this cruise! CAN NOT WAIT!!! This will be our 3rd and my parent's 2nd cruise. Looking forward to it! :earsgirl:

Hi all! This will be our 2nd Disney Cruise, 1st on the Fantasy. We sailed 2 years ago in Feb on the Wonder and I think we are now hooked! It is myself, DH and DS who will turn 12 by cruising date. This is also our first time going to these ports and looking forward to some warm weather in winter. We live in the north, so getting away somewhere warm in winter is priceless! This will be DS first time at the Edge, I am hoping he will meet some friends while on board.

Hi all! This will be our 2nd Disney Cruise, 1st on the Fantasy. We sailed 2 years ago in Feb on the Wonder and I think we are now hooked! It is myself, DH and DS who will turn 12 by cruising date. This is also our first time going to these ports and looking forward to some warm weather in winter. We live in the north, so getting away somewhere warm in winter is priceless! This will be DS first time at the Edge, I am hoping he will meet some friends while on board.
Welcome! I will also have an 11 (almost 12) year old son who might be in the Edge too. He loved the clubs, but is interested in checking out the Edge since his brother enjoyed it last time. I'm glad that they let the 11 & 12 year olds go to both...seems like the best of both worlds! :)
Where are you from? We are in RI so I also love getting away in the winter!

Hi all!

My family and I will be on this cruise.

It is the 4th for my kids and I, my Son (12) and daughter (5), but will be the first for my BF and his daughter (7).

We'd love to be part of an FE group!

Looking forward to cruising with all of you lovely folks. :)

Welcome! I will also have an 11 (almost 12) year old son who might be in the Edge too. He loved the clubs, but is interested in checking out the Edge since his brother enjoyed it last time. I'm glad that they let the 11 & 12 year olds go to both...seems like the best of both worlds! :)
Where are you from? We are in RI so I also love getting away in the winter!

We are from WI so getting away in the winter is the best! I am hoping my DS will meet some friends on the cruise and have fun hanging out in the Edge. We, the parents want to try out the adult area pool!

Hello! We will be cruising with Disney for the first time (3rd cruise for hubby, 4th for me) and we will be bringing our then 19 month old daughter. We are really looking forward to this trip.

Hi. My name is Annette and my husband (Tim) and I will be on this cruise. It will finally tip us over into Platinum since it will be our 10th cruise. We are also from WI and like to get away from the snow and cold midwinter. We would like to participate in an FE too. Just the 2 of us on the cruise.

We are interested in joining an FE group. It will be myself, husband, two daughters (10 and 6), and our son (4). We participated in this during our last cruise and our kids loved it!

It doesn't look like anyone has started organizing a Fish Extender group for our sail date yet. I'd be happy to do it, but may need help/guidance as this is our first DCL and I've never participated in anything like it before.

Just from browsing the threads up to this point, I am seeing the following people who are interested. If you are not on this list and wish to be, please let me know and I'll add you. (If I missed someone taking charge of this already, please do tell me, and I'll happily hand the reigns over!)

fritz1215
surfkilauea
LaneyBugg
reimero
Tim & Wanda
noahsketomom
anniepoppins
lumpyspace

Also, I am assuming planning for this just takes place on this board? Or does a new board need to be created? )Once more personal details are given, we'll take it to a private conversation, but for now I'll assume we plan here.)
Thanks!
Jill

Hello!
This will be me and my fiancé's first cruise. We will be getting married on the cruise so we are super excited for the cruise and the wedding!

It doesn't look like anyone has started organizing a Fish Extender group for our sail date yet. I'd be happy to do it, but may need help/guidance as this is our first DCL and I've never participated in anything like it before.

Just from browsing the threads up to this point, I am seeing the following people who are interested. If you are not on this list and wish to be, please let me know and I'll add you. (If I missed someone taking charge of this already, please do tell me, and I'll happily hand the reigns over!)

fritz1215
surfkilauea
LaneyBugg
reimero
Tim & Wanda
noahsketomom
anniepoppins
lumpyspace

Also, I am assuming planning for this just takes place on this board? Or does a new board need to be created? )Once more personal details are given, we'll take it to a private conversation, but for now I'll assume we plan here.)
Thanks!
Jill
Hi Fritz1215, Congraulations on booking your first DCL Cruise! I can help set up the FE also. I've found it makes a much better experience to limit the number of rooms in the group to between 10-12 to keep things manageable. Everyone respond to Fritz1215 and we'll get it going. Let me know how I can help you!
Annette

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter