February 4, 2006 Eastern DIS meet?

Billinaz

Moving within sight of Port Canaveral!
What do you guys on the Feb 4 2006 Easstern cruise think of this??

Instead of meeting on deck above the pool...how about meeting in our cabin?

We are in a suite, and it looks like we can have the concierge bring in a bunch of goodies! I saw where someone did that and the staff catered it with trays of food and treats!!

Say like 2:30 ??

Cabin 8532

Deck 8
Starboard side by the middle elevators.

It sounds like a great idea but I wonder if it is a little to early since people would just be boarding then and making reservations and all.

Another quick question do you have children? What are their ages?

I have two DD age 10yrs. & DS age 9yrs.

steveandtonya said:
It sounds like a great idea but I wonder if it is a little to early since people would just be boarding then and making reservations and all.

steveandtonya said:

OK, well I'll let the group choose the time.

We have early dining so it should be before 5:30. Id like to be on deck on when we sail out.

Anyone have a better time suggestion?

As for the kids, Kim is 10, Dan is 9 and Melanie is 6

Wow! What a wonderful offer. I think it would be a fun way to meet other people and I must admit I would love a chance to see the inside of a suite. We are open to just about anytime - either shortly after boarding or even on another sea day.

You might want to add a link from the other Feb 4th thread and see if you get more responses.

I think that's a great idea and that way we would have no problems with trying to figure out who is who.

Hi - I was reading the idea about meeting in the suite. I wondered is this open to all the people that are on this thread for the Feb. 4 cruise? I have been reading the boards but until now I have not really gotten involved in writing anything. But now I am getting so excited I think it will help the time go by that much faster and I will get to know some new friends.

Everyone reading this is invited to our suite for the DIS meet!

The more the merrier!

We all just need to agree on a time.......

Bill, We appreciate the offer of your suite. What time is the life boat drill? Now that I think about it, 2:30 to 3:00 might be the only time between geting on the ship and lifeboat drill and sailaway party and then that bumps into early seating. We are in late seating. My wife and I are open to any time or day for that matter. We've never been in a suite. My son is 9 and would look forward to having someone to hang out with. My daughter is 10 and she will be on the cruise with her 10 yr old girl cousin but is more than happy to have other friends. Thanks again for the offer.

Steve

IIRC the lifeboat drill is at about 4 ish.

This way we can get together and get up on deck for the sail away party.

I like to get the kids up front so I can take pictures of them from the area near the stage.....

Bill,
Thanks for making such a great offer. It will be nice to see what a suite looks like. What a treat! I think that the 2:30 time is perfect for meeting with all that comes later. We have early seating at dinner. I hope that we won't be the old foggies of the "dis" ers that are meeting. It seems like most of the people I have read about have small children. Oh well, with age comes wisdom, right?

Debi

Bill - I totally think we should move our meet to your suite! What a great idea. 2:30 should work, since we have to go back to the room @3:45 to get "dressed" for the lifeboat drill at 4:00.

Then those who want to can meet up again at the sailaway party. Awesome!

Can't wait for a margarita on board - somehow, they taste so much better with the salt air blowing around... :sunny:

Billinaz said:
OK, well I'll let the group choose the time.

We have early dining so it should be before 5:30. Id like to be on deck on when we sail out.

Anyone have a better time suggestion?

As for the kids, Kim is 10, Dan is 9 and Melanie is 6

Picture_10.jpg
Thanks for the offer! Our kids will want to meet yours. Martin is 9 and Carly is 6.

I agree that 2:30 sounds like the best time to meet.

Steven

Hi! I would love to join you all in the suite. I have 2 children. DS10 and DD almost 8. They would love to make friends and have someone to hang out with on the ship. Billinaz thank you so much for such a generous offer. :goodvibes

Billinaz said:
Say like 2:30 ??

Cabin 8532

Deck 8
Starboard side by the middle elevators.

Bill, I responded to your PM (sorry, I haven't been on here since before Christmas), and just want to say thnk you for such a fabulous offer! I think this will be a great way to meet up and really let all of us chat and get to know each other!

We'll be there with our ears on! :Pinkbounc

Marcy

P.S. It's now in my PDA, so i think that makes it official. :rotfl:

OK, by popular demand................

We will plan on meeting in our suite at 2:30.

Its Cabin 8532, Starboard, Midship, Near the elevators.

I will get ahold of the concierge as soon as we get on board to bring in some goodies.

We plan on getting to the port at 10ish.

For the most part we will be seated on that semi circular couch thats near that big glass areas where youc an go out to see the ship.

yachtsea said:
Bill,
I hope that we won't be the old foggies of the "dis" ers that are meeting. It seems like most of the people I have read about have small children.

Well if you are going to be the only "old foggies" there my husband and I may be the only ones there with no kids! That is if I can get him to go! This is really awesome that you are coordinating this Bill and it seems like a great way to meet some new people especially as this is our first cruise! :banana: :cheer2:
Heather

Billinaz said:
OK, by popular demand................

We will plan on meeting in our suite at 2:30.

Its Cabin 8532, Starboard, Midship, Near the elevators.

I will get ahold of the concierge as soon as we get on board to bring in some goodies.

We plan on getting to the port at 10ish.

For the most part we will be seated on that semi circular couch thats near that big glass areas where youc an go out to see the ship.

Bill - can we bring some beverages? Just make sure the concierge brings plenty of ice!! :banana:

Johnna_Story said:
Bill - can we bring some beverages? Just make sure the concierge brings plenty of ice!! :banana:

I was thinking the same thing. Do you want us to bring some wine or other beverages? Since we're driving, it's easy for us to pick up some stuff to bring onboard. I can bring some juice boxes for the kiddies, too. I'm sure I'll be at Target the night before, anyway, panicking over something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter