• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

February 25, 2006 Western Magic Cruisers!!

PhotoLisa said:
Well, we've decided to do the granddaddy of all cruises . . . no, not the Med cruises or transatlantic . . . back to back 7 day cruises!

We're sending the girls home alone after the first week and staying aboard all by ourselves. It will be the first time we'll be alone on a cruise!

Needless to say, I'm beyond excited! I'll let you know how it goes once we get back.

Lisa

WOW!! That is awesome!!!!!!! Lucky you :) You should check out www.cruisefools.org . Great group of people from everywhere that do cruises all over. Fun group :) Maybe you'll find some that are going on your cruises :)

Hey Rick!! I haven't been here in a while.. but boy do I miss everyone! We really did have a great group on our cruise :) I see a bunch of posts from others going again soon. LUCKY PEOPLE!! lol We have our Hawaiian cruise booked for APril 07, but it's with Carnival. Couldn't beat the price :) We'll be spending a week in Maui at the Grand Weilea resort, then flying over to Honolulu to catch the Carnival Spirit for 12 days. :cool1: WE CAN'T WAIT!!!

What do you all have planned for the rest of 06 and into 07??? :wave:

Hi Sally!
Happy New Year to you, Jeff and Dylan!

I was just re-reading some of your posts and realized that I never answered you about cruising again in a few years. :eek: Sorry about that!!!

We would love to try and cruise together again in a couple of years. :dance3: I think it will be the end of 08 at the earliest I'm afraid. This summer we are going to take a bunch of camping trips (including a 2 week trip around Lake Michigan). Travel for work has slowed down as well, although I need to head over to Germany in February for a week. If I end up going in April, then Ilene might join me for part of the time (gotta use those FF miles) :goodvibes .

This winter looks to be a copy of last year so far. Here it is January 5th and we have temps in the mid 50's.

Take care!

Somehow it's just too depressing to come to this board when you do not have another trip booked, I can't believe how long it's been since I've checked in here!

It looks loke many of you have some wonderful upcoming trips planned!:cool1::thumbsup2 :cool1: :thumbsup2 :cool1:

The good news:

We now have two official trips booked!:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

The bad news:

There is not much going on in the message board for our trip this March 1st

There is nothing happening in the post I started for next March 1st! :sad2: :sad2: :sad2: :sad2:

I don't think we'll ever sail with such a great group from these boards again. Looking thru old posts and checkng out some web pages has made me miss this group all the more.

Rick - shhh about the weather, someone might hear you, and personally I'm enjoing the lack of shoveling :laughing: :laughing:

Best wishes to all of you and yours for 2007!

Well, I'm off to Germany again. It was the same time last year (just before our cruise). Alas, no cruise this year to look forward to on my return.

I hope everyone is having a good winter so far. Here in the Detroit area, winter came on with gusto. We've been below freezing now for a couple of weeks. Finally, the snow is sticking to the ground.

Take care!

Hey Rick, How is the weather in Germany? Does it compare to the weather here in the states.? We travel in just under than 3 weeks,This time we go on the Eastern. My Mom and Dad are coming with us, they have DVC points that they are using. We are also meeting our table mates from last year on this cruise, we convinced them to book on the ship last year. Hope all is well with everyone and your New Year's was great. Take care.

Talk at you all later..

Norm

Norm:

If you PM me during my 2nd leg of my upcoming cruise, I'll give you any details you want/need from my 2/17 eastern. We fly out Friday!!!!!

Lisa

2/24/07 here. :cool1: 14 days till ressies!

Mike:

You're getting close! We added a week to our cruise so we'll still be onboard when you get there.

Also -- Ed and I are doing a vow renewal on the 2/24 cruise!!!

Lisa

You can bet I will. I need to know entertainers.. Comedians,Band, Magicians, and how immigration in St. Thomas is. Lisa have a wonderful trip and take alot of pics for us.

Norm

Will do Norm!

I'm going to attempt to take a scanner with me so I can attempt to post navigators from the ship. The file size may be too big and take too long to upload but I'm going to try.

I'll be posting pics daily for our loved ones that aren't cruising this time and for my daughter's boyfriend who is going to spend 8 lonely days at home. lol

Mike:

You're getting close! We added a week to our cruise so we'll still be onboard when you get there.

Also -- Ed and I are doing a vow renewal on the 2/24 cruise!!!

Lisa

I am insane with jealousy! JK! seriously though, I can't believe it's almost time.

Lisa, you must be getting so excited:yay: . Hope you have a great 2 weeks aboard the Magic. When debarking, we will be embarking, I will give you a shout next week to see how it is going. Are you going to be doing "Live From" reports?. Well anyway have a great trip and we'll talk at you later.

Norm

Yes, I plan to post in the reports forum while I'm in the Caribbean! I'll be sure to leave a little *magic* onboard for you when I leave the ship. Those will be my tears that are embedded in the atrium carpet!

:)

Hi Norm,
The weather is actually quite nice at the moment. They don't seem to get the severe weather that we get in the midwest and northeast US. The sun is out and we have spring-like termperatures.

Your trip sounds great. It is always fun to travel with friends from an earlier cruise. I hope we can travel with your family in the future.

No cruise this year, but we are taking a nice long vacation this summer going around Lake Michigan.

Have a great trip!

Rick

Hey Rick, How is the weather in Germany? Does it compare to the weather here in the states.? We travel in just under than 3 weeks,This time we go on the Eastern. My Mom and Dad are coming with us, they have DVC points that they are using. We are also meeting our table mates from last year on this cruise, we convinced them to book on the ship last year. Hope all is well with everyone and your New Year's was great. Take care.

Talk at you all later..

Norm

That does'nt sound too bad Rick. Yea, We are getting pretty excited about this years trip. Not sure if we are booking on-board though, we found a deal that Kim's work was offering on RCCL Voyager of the Seas to Europe, you fly into Barcelona and sail to Nice and then through Italy, We always promised to ourselves that we would do it for our 20th anniversary but the price seemed right and who knows if it will come around again at that price. Hope all is well.

Talk at you later...
Norm

Hi all! I hope everyone is having a great spring. Here in sunny SE Michigan, we are getting the camper ready for our big trip later this summer. We are going to spend two weeks going around and across Lake Michigan. Everyone is pretty excited. I was able to snag some sweet campsites along the route. To cross Lake Michigan, we are going on the SS Badger ferry (something I've wanted to do since I was a kid). It's about a 4 hour trip across the lake. At least we'll get a small "cruise fix". I hope everyone who went on another cruise since our trip in 06 had a great time. Maybe next year we'll try to cruise.

Please say it isn't so! It looks like this thread has finally died :-(

Happy holidays to everyone!

We're excited about our vacation. We have our hotel reservations made, our plane tickets bought, our car pick up reservations made and our hoop de do reservations made for the night before we sail.
Are we having a DIS meeting?
My daughter has talked with my GD's teachers and arranged for homework for the girls.
I am looking for sandals in the markdown racks at the stores. I didn't find any I liked during the summer. I will probably just wear my old ones.
We have made lists of our planned expenses and hope we can stick with our lists.
We will see you on the Magic!!
Bob and Barbara:yay: :yay:

Big Jack,
I think you got the wrong thread. This is for a trip from 2006. Sorry about the confusion . . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter