• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

February 25, 2006 Western Magic Cruisers!!

Karen I hope everything goes well with your house. Nebraska huh? That's right smack dab in the center of the states! Well, I'll be sending good wishes your way!!

Moira.. I wish we could go, but we have the Hawaii Cruise to save up for. It's 2 weeks so it's like 2 one week cruises, only all at once.. so no cruises in '07 unless we hit a winfall! lol We do have points for the DVC to use up though.. and we'll be going to the Wilderness Lodge for a week next year. Only have to pay airfare and spending money.

We still haven't recieved any cards or a cd... should we call? Seems strange for Disney to be so unreliable. :wizard:

I hope everyone is doing well...
~Sally

We just booked our Hawaii cruise!!! yippee!!!! It's way off of our planned one.. It's with Carnival, Honolulu to Vancouver for 12 days. But we're staying in Maui a week before we get on the cruise :) We're using our DVC points to get the resort there for 6 days. The Cruise is April 27th!! :cool1:

It was a great deal and they still have more room if anyone is interested in Hawaii!! We got a balcony for $1479 each for Jeff and I and $659 for Dylan. HALF price off of the Princess cruise we were looking at. The Carnival Spirit has some great reviews too, so we're excited :banana:

Who else has cruises booked?

Hey everyone!

It's been a while since I've posted on this group. We had to cancel our 7 night Eastern cruise. Our house decided it was time to spend some of our money this summer. Missing the cruise is bad enough, but I it killing me that we will loose the super deal we had ($3000 + $200 stateroom credit).

I hope everyone's summer is going well . . .

My daughter and I are heading to WDW (Pop Century) from 8/3 - 8/8. I haven't been to WDW with her since she was 2 and she is 16 now. We're overdue. She has been a few times with my best friend and her daughter in recent years but now its our time.

We'll return home 2 days before school starts again and I figured that this was a great way to end her summer.

I booked the trip about 10 days ago so . . . for this trip there was no extensive planning like when going on a cruise.

Hope everyone's summer is going well.

Lisa

SO sorry to hear that Rick... I guess our homes make those decisions sometimes don't they.. sucks though!! B efore you know it, it'll be time for another one and you WILL go. :) There will be other deals too!!

Awesome Lisa!! That IS a good way to end the summer :)

Hey I like this icon.. he he :happytv:

Seems like this thread has been quiet for a while. I just booked our flights for the 23rd, and a night in the Radisson near the ship. Woo hoo.

I can't believe the year is passing so fast that it's already time for another cruise.... 5 months.. lucky you Mike! We have 8 months till ours! :) We're headed to Hawaii!! Yippee!!! 20 days! I can't wait!!! :cool1:

I've been avoiding the DIS for awhile. I can't believe we cancelled our cruise for next Feb. Oh well! At least I was able to book a campsite at Peninsula State Park in Door County, WI for next summer. We're going to take a two week vacation (first one ever) and hit Ludington (MI), take the boat across Lake Michigan (have to get some amount of a cruise fix), Door Country (WI), then swing back through the UP of Michigan and spend a few days in the Mackinac Island area (maybe will satisfy my CC fix).

I guess you can say summer 06 is over. Matt and Zack started school yesterday and boy has it cooled down!

I hope everyone had a good summer. Let's keep this thread going. We had a fantastic group on our cruise last Feb!

rjh8115 said:
I've been avoiding the DIS for awhile. I can't believe we cancelled our cruise for next Feb. Oh well! At least I was able to book a campsite at Peninsula State Park in Door County, WI for next summer. We're going to take a two week vacation (first one ever) and hit Ludington (MI), take the boat across Lake Michigan (have to get some amount of a cruise fix), Door Country (WI), then swing back through the UP of Michigan and spend a few days in the Mackinac Island area (maybe will satisfy my CC fix).

I guess you can say summer 06 is over. Matt and Zack started school yesterday and boy has it cooled down!

I hope everyone had a good summer. Let's keep this thread going. We had a fantastic group on our cruise last Feb!

Boy do I understand how you feel Rick... When you all were booking your cruises right away and I just couldn't do it.. I was soooooo depressed. lol But I found Cruisefools.org and boy they can get great rates!!! NO matter wher eyou want to go, they grab the rooms when the cruise opens and get the rock bottom prices! That's the only way we were able to book Hawaii and go in April. Otherwise it would have been another year after that.

Anyway... your 2 week vacation sounds really nice! You'll have a fun time! There is vacation outside of a cruise.. ha ha (Bite my tongue) :stir:

How is everyone else??? I would so love to cruise withyou guys again.. Let's say in 4 years!! We can plan a date and then book whatever we want. If I know in time I can have the Travel agent at Cruisefools book it and get the best rates. :)

Hey Kim.. I've been to Curves every day this past week and I'm determined to be there every week day thru April.. and even beyond. :) WoooHooo!!! You all wont recognize me next time we meet :) :cheer2:

Hi all! It has been a while again . . .

We're having a fun October here in Detroit, what with the Tigers playing the World Series. I just re-read this entire thread and realized how much I miss everyone. We sure did have a great group on the ship.

I'm hoping that we'll be able to cruise again in 2008. I've even considered doing a shorter cruise next fall if the prices are reasonable.

The good news here is that my work travel has died down a bit, so no more trips to Germany for awhile. We watched our picture DVD the other day and everyone had a good time remembering the cruise.

Take care all. Let's talk soon . . .

On 9/16, we decided to book another cruise for the same week we went this past February -- Mardi Gras Week 2007!!!

Moira is on the same cruise. We're cruising the Eastern on 2/17/07!!!

My daughter and her family along with her dad and stepmom that were with us on the 2/2006 cruise are trying to plan for 2008 as well.

The latest is that those rates will be out in early November for cruises through the spring 2008.

I am SOOOOO looking forward to our cruise in February!!! We only have about 20 days until we can book excursions, Palo and Vista spa!!!

That sounds like a fun trip Lisa. Thanks for the info about the 2008 cruises. I'll keep a lookout come next month for prices.

Anyone else going in 07?

rjh8115 said:
That sounds like a fun trip Lisa. Thanks for the info about the 2008 cruises. I'll keep a lookout come next month for prices.

Anyone else going in 07?

2/24/07 here. :cool1: 14 days till ressies!

Mike:

I'll be coming off the Magic the day you embark! I'll give you a high 5 on the way out!

Have a blast!!

Lisa

rjh8115 said:

Anyone else going in 07?

We're going on a 4-day February 25. We'll see how different it is then going on the 7-day. I just couldn't leave our 4 month old for longer than 4 nights.

:wave: Hi everyone :wave:

Glad to here a few of yall are getting to go in '07.

DH and I are going on a 7 night cruise in Jan. 07 without the boys. Not a Disney Cruise. We will be on the Norwegian Sun.

We did book a Disney Cruise :boat: Feb. 2, 2008 :yay: a 7 night Eastern. A long time to wait :hourglass That will be the Mardi Gras break in '08.

Sorry I haven't posted sooner. We have been so busy with home improvements since we got back. Three long months with out my kitchen sink :sad2: was hard to do. Any way things are somewhat back to normal, as normal as can be.

It was nice to meet so many of yall on the cruise. We had a fantastic time. Can't wait to do it again :banana:

Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving :sunny:

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! So happy for all of you that get to go in 07!! (and also a bit jealous!! :blush: ) We are going Feb 23 08!! Another Western!

rjh8115 said:
Hi all! It has been a while again . . .

We're having a fun October here in Detroit, what with the Tigers playing the World Series. I just re-read this entire thread and realized how much I miss everyone. We sure did have a great group on the ship.

I'm hoping that we'll be able to cruise again in 2008. I've even considered doing a shorter cruise next fall if the prices are reasonable.

The good news here is that my work travel has died down a bit, so no more trips to Germany for awhile. We watched our picture DVD the other day and everyone had a good time remembering the cruise.

Take care all. Let's talk soon . . .

Hey Rick!! I haven't been here in a while.. but boy do I miss everyone! We really did have a great group on our cruise :) I see a bunch of posts from others going again soon. LUCKY PEOPLE!! lol We have our Hawaiian cruise booked for APril 07, but it's with Carnival. Couldn't beat the price :) We'll be spending a week in Maui at the Grand Weilea resort, then flying over to Honolulu to catch the Carnival Spirit for 12 days. :cool1: WE CAN'T WAIT!!!

What do you all have planned for the rest of 06 and into 07??? :wave:

Well, we've decided to do the granddaddy of all cruises . . . no, not the Med cruises or transatlantic . . . back to back 7 day cruises!

We're sending the girls home alone after the first week and staying aboard all by ourselves. It will be the first time we'll be alone on a cruise!

Needless to say, I'm beyond excited! I'll let you know how it goes once we get back.

Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter