February 25, 2006 Western Magic Cruisers!!

SallyB said:
MOira probably is going in BOTH years.. he he

:rotfl2: Sally, If I have my way - and I just might :) - we certainly will!! :teeth: You are too funny!! :lmao:

Tracy, that would be great if we could coordinate another cruise in a couple of years! Elizabeth would LOVE to see your girls again!! Judy, you too! Elizabeth loved hanging with Kaitie as well! That would be great to get the girls together again. The three of them had such a good time! I guess it all just depends on our school vacation schedules. :confused3

key2theworld.jpg

Joshua took this at Parrott Cay. He has a great eye.

Norm
WebDSCF1088.jpg

kshabare said:
Joshua took this at Parrott Cay. He has a great eye.

Norm
WebDSCF1088.jpg

Almost looks like it's made of chocolate doesn't it.. yummmmmmm :rotfl2:

Hey Gang sorry I havent been on(like we were missed) LOL well we had friends from NY here and had to do the whole park entertaining thing but they are gone and its a short break till more people come visit but its getting to the point where we say go play in the parks and we will meet up for a drink... well I dont know if anyone is going where we are but right now we are going sept for the Castaway Cay 2 times stop and then going in March/april next year its not set in stone yet... well Im sorry we haveing been on you all have a great dayand hope to chat soon.......c-ya

Hi everyone,
Sorry I haven't posted since the cruise ended but I'll explain why. On our way from the Budget car rental in Cocoa Beach to Orlando Airport my sister called to say our 24 yr old son had been in a car accident. Everyone is OK, which is all that matters. He had my DH's car, because his own car had a tail light out. It was totalled and we did not have collision insurance on it. The police wouldn't release the car to anyone except DH so it sat in storage while we were cruising and we paid over $300 to get it out. Whole bunch of other stuff to go along with it that I won't bore you with. We have had unending out of pocket expenses. To top it off my DS was planning to drive his car(which now became DH's car) to Atlanta to move in with a buddy and start a new job. So we paid for an airplane ticket and kissed our son goodbye with many mixed feelings. I know it is the best thing for him, it will force him to mature and will enrich him. We all miss him and its only been a week.
I had wanted to rebook for March of 07 but the price was outrageous. Liv said she'd be happy in the kids program because she'd be in the 8-9 yr olds group. But thats not in the cards for us right now.

On a good note I'm going with my travel agent GF on the Freedom of the Seas for 2 nts in May!

I will post again when I get myself together. Thanks to everyone in this great group, only wished we could have done more with you. I haven't even read your reviews yet. I'll get to that real soon.

Susanne

Edinafabs said:
Hi everyone,
Sorry I haven't posted since the cruise ended but I'll explain why. On our way from the Budget car rental in Cocoa Beach to Orlando Airport my sister called to say our 24 yr old son had been in a car accident. Everyone is OK, which is all that matters. He had my DH's car, because his own car had a tail light out. It was totalled and we did not have collision insurance on it. The police wouldn't release the car to anyone except DH so it sat in storage while we were cruising and we paid over $300 to get it out. Whole bunch of other stuff to go along with it that I won't bore you with. We have had unending out of pocket expenses. To top it off my DS was planning to drive his car(which now became DH's car) to Atlanta to move in with a buddy and start a new job. So we paid for an airplane ticket and kissed our son goodbye with many mixed feelings. I know it is the best thing for him, it will force him to mature and will enrich him. We all miss him and its only been a week.
I had wanted to rebook for March of 07 but the price was outrageous. Liv said she'd be happy in the kids program because she'd be in the 8-9 yr olds group. But thats not in the cards for us right now.

On a good note I'm going with my travel agent GF on the Freedom of the Seas for 2 nts in May!

I will post again when I get myself together. Thanks to everyone in this great group, only wished we could have done more with you. I haven't even read your reviews yet. I'll get to that real soon.

Susanne

Wow Susanne!! I'm so sorry to hear of your misfortune, but I"m glad your son is ok!! That truly is what matters. I understand the mixed feelings... my daughter is out on her own and has been basically since she started College and had to move near her college. Still in state but away from home none the less. She's done great! Your son will too. :goodvibes

Take care of yourself, ok? It was nice meeting you on the cruise :)

~Sally

Edinafabs....Having two older kids out of my four... I can totally relate in everyway. Know I am thinking about you! Karen

Edinafabs said:
Hi everyone,

Susanne

Hi Susanne, sorry to hear your coming home was less enjoyable than most of us. for after a vacation like that, reality is tough enough to come back to...

miss those sunrises

thb_030306-012.jpg

I've been pricing out cruises as well as checking out the reviews on different ships, and talking to a travel agent online that is in one of the yahoo groups I'm in. He's given me some great feedback on which ships are good and which are just for seeing the islands and not so good for food and service. Which was a real eye opener!!

I'm almost set on Island Princess. It's a great ship, great reviews on the food, entertainment, and activities. :) But it's round trip from CA. Sooooo our plans for staying in Hawaii prior would be out if we choose this ship and itinerary. So we'll see. SO much time still left before we can even see which ships will be cruisin out that way in 2 years. :banana:

If anyone is interested let me know and I"ll keep you in the loop to the plans as they unfold. We have a bunch already that want to go.. so it should be fun. It's tentatively set for Spring of 2008. Have to see the ships going before we know the exact month. But it'll be about 14 or 15 days. And even at that... on the island princess, it's $7200.00 for a mini suite (which is huge) for 2 weeks. If you compare that to our Disney cruise, it's actually less per week. So I'm happy with the price. But if you want to go even cheaper.. you can get a oceanview room for only $5300 for 2 weeks. That is based on 2 adults and 1 child. Great prices!!! :cool1:

Check out this link and click on the virtual tour :)
http://www.princess.com/meta_pop.page?shipName=Island Princess&metaCode=M
:banana: :cool1: :banana:

I saw someone have one of these on a different board.. they are so cool! You can have a cruise ship pic for a ticker!!

Ok it's not letting the URL go through correctly.. so I'll put it here and you take out the space between caribbean and mag, input that into where the stars are and the link will take you to the ticker. It's really cool.

I'll put the link here but where all the stars are, put caribbean mag w/o the space and dot com. And the link will work.

http://www.*****************/cd/vc/

Kim... beautiful picture of you!!!!
Jeff.... are those friends of yours? I never saw THOSE clothes in the ships stores!!! Wonder whY?! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :lmao:

dreamakermom said:
Kim... beautiful picture of you!!!!
Jeff.... are those friends of yours? I never saw THOSE clothes in the ships stores!!! Wonder whY?! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :lmao:

Isn't that a great pic of Kim!! I'm just glad she wasn't sitting next to me.. I was white as a ghost. ha ha ha :rotfl2:

Hey Kim.. I got back the pics from the cruise and I thinkthe film was bad or the developers as 90% of the pics were dark grainy!! I can't believe it! The whole character breakfast, the stingrays, everything! The one thing I'm happy about though, is that the pic I took of you, Norm, and Josh on the last night.. although it's grainy and a bit dark... it came out enough that I can keep it!! It's a beautiful Picture!!! I'll have Jeff figure out a way to get it on here soon!! But Walmart is going to get one not so nice letter from me!!! I've never had a problem with their film or developing before and this whole batch of film was ruined. The other film that we'd had in the fridge for 6 years came out beautiful! Go Figure! :confused3

Hi, everyone,

Just wanted to let everyone know that our Castaway Club cards arrived today. Those of you that were wondering about the cards will probably be receiving them shortly, also.

I wish we were cruising again, but will have to wait for another year or two. Our next big vacation is another trip to Ireland, hopefully next year. We haven't decided yet when we are going, as we are still trying to find out exactly where Pat's great grandfather was born.

Sally, I was very sorry to hear about your pictures. In 1999, Walmart (in Raleigh, NC) ruined one of the rolls of film I had taken as we sailed around the British Virgin Islands. I was very upset at the time, as they tried to blame me and said that I gave them a roll of film that was either damaged, or unexposed. They did refund me the cost of the roll of film, but that didn't make up for the pictures that were not replaceable. I had pictures of sea turtles that swam up to the sailboat, among others. However, I was able to get pictures from some of the other people that were on our boat (total of 10). That was a great trip, and our first "cruise" experience.

We sailed on a fifty foot boat with a total of 10 people. I would love to do it again, sometime.

I hope everyone is doing well these days.

Leta :cheer2:

Acctng Lady said:
Hi, everyone,

Just wanted to let everyone know that our Castaway Club cards arrived today. Those of you that were wondering about the cards will probably be receiving them shortly, also.

I wish we were cruising again, but will have to wait for another year or two. Our next big vacation is another trip to Ireland, hopefully next year. We haven't decided yet when we are going, as we are still trying to find out exactly where Pat's great grandfather was born.

Sally, I was very sorry to hear about your pictures. In 1999, Walmart (in Raleigh, NC) ruined one of the rolls of film I had taken as we sailed around the British Virgini Islands. I was very upset at the time, as they tried to blame me and said that I gave them a roll of film that was either damaged, or unexposed. They did refund me the cost of the roll of film, but that didn't make up for the pictures that were not replaceable. I had pictures of sea turtles that swam up to the sailboat, among others. However, I was able to get pictures from some of the other people that were on our boat (total of 10). That was a great trip, and our first "cruise" experience.

We sailed on a fifty foot boat with a total of 10 people. I would love to do it again, sometime.

I hope everyone is doing well these days.

Leta :cheer2:

WoooHooo I can't wait to get mine :) :banana: :banana: :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter