February 25, 2006 Western Magic Cruisers!!

News releases on the 21st

HINTS ARE AS FOLLOWS
March 8 — 26° 5'N, 77° 32'W = CASTAWAY CAY
Waves of intrigue continue to rock the worldwide seafaring community after the Disney Magic® cruise liner secretly sets sail late last night. Officials have yet to release details about the curious incident or the ship's whereabouts, but records released this morning indicate what is believed to be the last message — received in international Morse code on the evening of the 7th — before the ship left port. Further details to follow.
- .... . / --.- ..- . . -. / .--- ..- ... - / .-.. --- ...- . ... / - .... . / .--. .. . .-.-.-

T H E Q U E E N J U S T L O V E S T H E P I E

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

March 10 — 57° 03'N, 135° 15'W = Alaska
A new Morse code message believed to be from the Disney Magic® was received late last night. Officials have yet to crack the message's code but believe it could offer a clue as to where in the world the vessel is stationed. Tomorrow an international committee will be formed to dive deeper into the matter.
-- .- --. .. -.-. / .- .-- .- .. - ... .-.-.- / .... --- - / .-.. .- ...- .- / .... .- ... / --. --- -. . / - --- / - .... . / -... .. .-. -.. ... .-.-.-

M A G I C A W A I T S H O T L A V A H A S G O N E T O T H E B I R D S

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

March 13 — 52° 22'N, 4° 53'W = Holland
The cruise liner that has eluded maritime officials was allegedly sighted approximately three miles west of Chile. The local fisherman who sighted the ship just before six this morning told authorities, "El gran barco estaba allí y entonces fue ido." Soon after, another Morse code message was received. Authorities rushing to the scene hours later claimed to having heard the
. -. .--- --- -.-- .. -. --. / - .... . / .--. .. --. . --- -. ... / .- -. -.. / - .... . / . -- -... .-. .- -.-. . .-.-.-

E N J O Y I N G T H E P I G E O N S A N D T H E E M B R A C E

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

March 15 — 21° 18'N, 157° 50'W = Honolulu Hawaii
More murky waters in the strange Disney Magic® case. Previous reports that the liner was spotted have since been proven false by authorities. And despite worldwide efforts, the ship still remains at large. Adding more to the puzzle, another broken Morse code message was received late last night. Authorities confounded by the mysterious messages have turned to the public for help.
.-.. --- -.-. -.- . -.. / .. -. / .-- .. - .... / - .... . / -.-. --- ..- -. - .-.-.-
L O C K E D I N W I T H T H E C O U N T
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
March 17 -- 48° 48'N, 2° 20'E = Paris, France
After more than a week of strange messages and false leads, authorities reportedly came very close to locating the Disney Magic® cruise liner. Upon glimpsing what was believed to be the elusive ship late last night, officials in accordance with maritime law sent a transmission requesting the liner to anchor its position. But on arrival at the cruise liner's purported location, the ship was nowhere to be found, although an alleged glowing "pixie trail" was glimpsed in the sky by several naval officers. Soon after, yet another message was received.
--- ..- .-. / -- --- -. -.- . -.-- ... / .- .-. . / -. --- - / .- .--. . ... .-.-.-
O U R M O N K E Y S A R E N O T A P E S
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
March 20 -- 22° 20'N, 114° 11'E = Hong Kong

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
any ideas to the clues

rjh8115 said:
Finally, I finished the trip report. It's posted over on the trip reports board, but here's the link (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=11964125#post11964125).

We're still working on our pictures. Ilene and I are trying our hand at creating a DVD of the still pictures, plus the video we shot. It's fun and madning at the same time . . . .

Happy Monday all . . . .

Great trip report.... You guys were up late alot

Thanks for the memories & hope to be on another cruise with ya in the future

I copied your whole review Rick.. he he I want to read it all together here in a bit. (Didn't wantto lose the link) :)

Moira... which week did you say you are going on the Disney next Feb.?? Or did that change? Someone here said the first week in Feb. I just talked to another gal on a yahoo group for the DIsney cruises and she's going the same week!! Pretty cool :)

SallyB said:
Moria.. which week did you say you are going on the Disney next Feb.?? Or did that change? Someone here said the first week in Feb. I just talked to another gal on a yahoo group for the DIsney cruises and she's going the same week!! Pretty cool :)

This is what i collected for Disney ReBookers

kellimomo3 - Jan. '07
rjh8115 - Feb 3rd 2007
MoiraRD - Feb 17, 2007
kshabare - Feb 24, 2007
kj375 - Feb 24, 2007
Beaker1967 - 3rd wk march07
......................or 1st wk April07
hjensen - Feb 2008
vavalynn2 - March 10th 2008

Great trip report Rick!!!! Jeff we rebooked for Feb. 08...just not sure which week!!! We wanted to do the Western again because we didnt get to do or see alot this trip with sick children!! I know it will be one of the last 2 weks of Feb. Whichever one is the Western!! :thumbsup2

Rick, your review was great! BOy did you stay up late! And the kids too!! Dylan crashed each night by 11pm at the latest. lol But so did we! :lmao: One exception was the midnight buffet, but then again Dylan stayed on schedule for his sleep.. :lmao: Ilene can attest to that!

I so wanted to see a movie on the big screen outside but never got to. Maybe next time :)

I found a really neat site that many of you might like...Of course you may already know about it.. :banana: It's www.Themouseforless.com They have a couple of yahoo groups too. I joined both.. :yay: But of course now I'm getting way too much email.. though I joined about 6 groups yesterday.. ha ha I need to weed them down to the best info. ones. Have any of you heard of The Mouse For Less? It's pretty cool. :)

We rebooked for Feb 24 2007! I would have preferred the eastern cruise but we have to stay with the school schedule as DD is in high school and because of block scheduling each absence is counted as 2. I am still not sure if this is feasible but we will see.

Kathy

SallyB said:
Moira... which week did you say you are going on the Disney next Feb.?? Or did that change?

Mr508MA said:
This is what i collected for Disney ReBookers

kellimomo3 - Jan. '07
rjh8115 - Feb 3rd 2007
MoiraRD - Feb 17, 2007
kshabare - Feb 24, 2007
Beaker1967 - 3rd wk march07
or 1st wk April07

vavalynn2 - March 10th 2008

Sally - We are going the 17th. I can't wait!! :banana:

I can't believe how close our trip is to Rick and Ilene's and Norm and Kim's!! We miss both of your families by a week! Anyone reconsidering going the week of the 17th?? :rolleyes1 Would be great to meet up again! :teeth: :banana:

Special itineraries have been announced for the Disney Magic between 5/12/07
and 9/1/07!

Mediterranean for the first time in Summer 2007:

5/12/07-5/26/07- Itinerary for Repositioning Cruise from Port Canaveral to
Barcelona

Prices ranging from $1,999 to $6,699 per adult:

Saturday - Port Canaveral
Sunday - Castaway Cay
Monday - At Sea
Tuesday - At Sea
Wednesday - At Sea
Thursday - At Sea
Friday - At Sea
Saturday - At Sea
Sunday - Tenerife, Canary Islands
Monday - At Sea
Tuesday - Cadiz, Spain (Seville)
Wednesday - Gibraltar, UK
Thursday - At Sea
Friday - Barcelona, Spain
Saturday - Debark in Barcelona
5/26/07-8/18/07 - Itineraries for Alternating 10-night and 11-night cruises
in the Mediterranean

10-Night Itinerary - Departure dates June 8, June 27, July 18, August 8 -
Prices ranging from $2,399 to $6,699 per adult:

Wednesday - Barcelona, Spain
Thursday - At Sea
Friday - Palermo, Italy
Saturday - Naples, Italy (Pompeii)
Sunday - Olbia, Sardinia
Monday - Civitavecchia, Italy (Rome)
Tuesday - La Spezia, Italy (Florence, Pisa)
Wednesday - Marseilles, France
Thursday - Villefranche, France (Monte Carlo, Cannes, Nice)
Friday - At Sea
Saturday - Debark in Barcelona
11-Night Itinerary - Departure dates May 26, June 16, July 7, July 28 -
Prices ranging from $2,599 to $6,699 per adult:

Saturday - Barcelona, Spain
Sunday - At Sea
Monday - Palermo, Italy
Tuesday - Naples, Italy (Pompeii)
Wednesday - Olbia, Sardinia
Thursday - Civitavecchia, Italy (Rome)
Friday - At Sea
Saturday - La Spezia, Italy (Florence, Pisa)
Sunday - Marseilles, France
Monday - Villefranche, France (Monte Carlo, Cannes, Nice)
Tuesday - At Sea
Wednesday - Debark in Barcelona
8/18/07-9/1/07 - Itinerary for Repositioning Cruise from Barcelona to Port
Canaveral

Prices ranging from $1,999 to $6,699 per adult:

Saturday - Barcelona, Spain
Sunday - Barcelona
Monday - At Sea
Tuesday - Gibraltar, UK
Wednesday - Cadiz, Spain (Seville)
Thursday - At Sea
Friday - Tenerife, Canary Islands
Saturday - At Sea
Sunday - At Sea
Monday - At Sea
Tuesday - At Sea
Wednesday - At Sea
Thursday - At Sea
Friday - Castaway Cay
Saturday - Debark in Port Canaveral

We are rebooking for Feb 2008, but currently have it book for Dec 2007 to lock in the rebooking deal. Holli, were you able to book Feb already? We were told we had to wait for Sept for the dates.

We really had a good time on the cruise and our kids really enjoyed it. Kaitie had a blast with Molly and Lizzie and used the kids area mostly at night. Our son Sean only went 2 times, once for a Palo evening and once because he wanted to. We would love to do the Med Cruises but I am guessing the the cost is going to be prohibitive.

I am going through Disney withdrawal and can't wait for the next trip. We are going in June and would love to meet up with anyone else going, let me know. I have been a shut-in this last week Sean had a tonsilectomy and adnoidectomy on 3/16 an the recovery has been painful for all of us. I think we turned a corner today, less medication needed.

Tracy,
I have been reading Kaities e-mails and we have talked about them. I really appreciate your input, through Molly, because it reinforced our rules and our morals. Kids are pushed to grow up too fast these days.

Talk to you all later

Judy

We just found out that if you went to Costa Maya you cannot donate blood for a year. That particular island has malaria. I sure wish I had known that!

SallyB said:
We just found out that if you went to Costa Maya you cannot donate blood for a year. That particular island has malaria. I sure wish I had known that!

from Red Cross site
Travel Outside of U.S., Immigration
Wait 12 months after travel in an area where malaria is found. Wait 3 years after living in a country where malaria is found.

And my brother-in-law was told Costaa Maya is on that list. [Cozumel wasn't]
My sister does platlets [spelling?]

Some may not of gotten off if they knew

SallyB said:
Special itineraries have been announced for the Disney Magic between 5/12/07 and 9/1/07!

Mediterranean for the first time in Summer 2007:

Book Mediterranean and Transatlantic cruises starting April 4, 2006.

Hi Judy! We are scheduled for Dec.07 also,and then when the 08 dates open up we will transfer the ressie!! Are you going to do the Eastern or Western? And when were you thinking of going? I know we kind of were able to say hi to each other...wish we could've seen more of each other since our sons are so close in age!! Take care!! :wave2:

jdkdorn said:
Tracy,
I have been reading Kaities e-mails and we have talked about them. I really appreciate your input, through Molly, because it reinforced our rules and our morals. Kids are pushed to grow up too fast these days.

Talk to you all later

Judy

So true, Judy! They really are being pushed aren't they? Poor kids. :) If y'all come through Colorado on your trip, let us know! I just realized, y'all are planning to go again in Feb 2008? I was thinking y'all were going Feb 2007. We might avtually be able to plan a cruise for '08! That would be cool if we were on the same on, so the girls could see each other again.

Moira, when are y'all going? 'o7 or '08?

I thought no one had been writing because I hadn't gotten any notification e-mails. Sally, interesting about Costa Maya and malaria. I didn't know that.

We went on the Pride of Aloha, Sally. It's okay if you don't mind beds as hard as rocks and just okay food. :) The islands were great though! You have got to see the show and lua at the Polynesian Cultural Center!

Can y'all believe it--I haven't even looked at our pictures from the trip yet! My parents have been here.

Oh, that is really sad about the deaths recently. Makes my stomach hurt.

Tracy

DecemberRoses said:
Moira, when are y'all going? 'o7 or '08?

We went on the Pride of Aloha, Sally. It's okay if you don't mind beds as hard as rocks and just okay food. :) The islands were great though! You have got to see the show and lua at the Polynesian Cultural Center!

Tracy

MOira probably is going in BOTH years.. he he She's the envy of us all. :cool1:

Are you serious about the Pride of ALoha? The ship looks sooooo nice! The beds in comparison to Disney are hard? And the food incomparison is worse? Oh man..... May have to decide on another ship. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter