February 25, 2006 Western Magic Cruisers!!

Mr508MA said:
Great pics Karen... just remember, after you move and get settled and get back to adding pics, don't forget to send us the link....

one good thing on wher you move to... you have the same distance fly no matter what coast you cruise from...

Thats true Jeff... however, you just can't beat being at Port Canaveral in 2 hours!! But, I will adjust.

As far as the link thing.... do you mean like, if I put them into "photobucket" they (the photobucket site) will tell me how to have you guys look at the pics there? :confused3 I know... pretty bad for a 48 yr old, huh? TOTALLY computer illiterate... but I am learning!!! Just learned from a friend on a different thread, how to pm!!! So... little by little.... :banana: :banana:

dreamakermom said:
Thank you Kim.... you're a doll for posting them for me! I started to learn how to post pics... but then I realized I wanted to name all the pics before I post so they don't come up 0012, 0013, etc... Well... I have over 400 and Amber has over 300 and Amittaia has over 100. SO.... it is time consuming on top of packing up the house, work, etc...
So, know I appreciate you posting these as it would have been a long time for me to get them on. Thanks again! :wave2:

Those pics are awesome!!!! (Thanks Kim) And I love being able to put faces with all of you :)

SallyB said:
huh? huh? huh? :banana:
030306-cc067.jpg

heres one for yesterday too
030306-cc072.jpg

I did a search today at 1 site for cruise fares
based on a party of 4, DATES 2/24-3/4/2007
All Western Caribbean [different start ports]
All on an OceanView Room, early dining, Cruise ONLY
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
7 Night Western Caribbean Disney Adventure (Port Canaveral roundtrip)
Cruise Line: Disney Cruise Line
Cruise Ship: Disney Magic
Current Total: $4,358.00*
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
7 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans roundtrip)
Cruise Line: Royal Caribbean
Cruise Ship: Grandeur of the Seas
Current Total: $2,936.00*
7 Night Western Caribbean (Charleston roundtrip)
Cruise Line: Norwegian Cruise Line
Cruise Ship: Norwegian Majesty
Current Total: $2,176.00*
6 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale roundtrip)
Cruise Line: Carnival Cruise Lines
Cruise Ship: Carnival Liberty
Current Total: $2,016.00*
7 Night Texaribbean (Houston roundtrip)
Cruise Ship: Norwegian Dream
Current Total: $1,566.00*

Boy I miss that ship....

I watched the travel channel last night and it had the best cruises.. and out of the larger ones we all like to take.. Disney was the best Family ship, Norwegian Star was the best for dining, and Celebrity something or other was best for entertainment.

Hi Everyone!

I love all the pictures that everyone has been posting!! Brings me back to that fabulous week! :cloud9: Thanks so much!! I was sorry that I didn't get to meet everyone on the cruise. Truth be told, I was sick as a dog. I tried to avoid a lot because I didn't want to spread whatever it is that I had. DH seems to think that I had food poisoning - I had a glass of wine and I remember thinking at the time that the plastic glass it was poured into wasn't the nicest looking one I had ever seen, but I drank it anyway! I missed the Mayan ruins excursion in Costa Maya which I was really bummed about, but that just means that we will have to take another cruise there to do the tour!! :banana:

We are booked to go on the Feb 17, 2007 Easter and it would be great to meet up again! Did anyone else book that week? I like Sally's idea of trying to have a "reunion" cruise of sorts in a few years. That would be really fun!! :thumbsup2

Ok, I have a question for all of you who have been on a RCCL cruise. This last Disney Cruise was our first cruise ever and we loved it so much that DH decided to book us on another cruise on RCCL in July!! I am so excited! :banana: We were looking into booking on the double Castaway Cay in July 2006, but found that for the price of a Category 11 on Disney we could get a Junior Suite on RCCL, so he booked the RCCL. What I am curious about is, how is the RCCL? We are booked for the Western itinerary and it will be going to a few places we have never been. I am also curious about the children's programs. We LOVED the clubs on the Magic :love: Has anyone ever taken their kids on a RCCL cruise? How are the kids' programs? Oh, the ship is the Navigator of the Seas. All of this means nothing to me :confused3 , so if anyone is able to give me info, I would greatly appreciate it!!

Counting down the days until I am on the Magic again...... :hourglass

Hi Moira,
Ilene and I have been on two RCCL cruises. However, we went without our kids. We've been on a short cruise to the Bahamas and a 7 night to the western. We loved the Explorer of the Seas (same class as the Navigator). There is a ton of stuff to do on the ship. Unlike the Magic, it seems to be a late to bed, late to rise ship. We met some friends on our cruise that had their 10 year old in the clubs. One big difference is that the clubs are not open all day. They open and close (they do not take the kids to lunch or dinner) throughout the day. After 10pm, then there is a charge per person, per hour. The cabins are smaller than DCL as well.

Thanks for the info, Rick! :sunny: I am definitely not looking for the Magic on this cruise, but I still hope to have a great trip! We read some good reviews on this class of ship, so I am really keeping my fingers crossed! Good to know about the kids clubs! I am just hoping my DD4 enjoys the clubs on RCCL. Dining won't be a problem as we had the girls with us for all our meals (except 1), so it shouldn't be any different this time around. Hoping this will keep us going until we back to the Magic next year! :boat:

MoiraRD said:
Thanks for the info, Rick! :sunny: I am definitely not looking for the Magic on this cruise, but I still hope to have a great trip! We read some good reviews on this class of ship, so I am really keeping my fingers crossed! Good to know about the kids clubs! I am just hoping my DD4 enjoys the clubs on RCCL. Dining won't be a problem as we had the girls with us for all our meals (except 1), so it shouldn't be any different this time around. Hoping this will keep us going until we back to the Magic next year! :boat:

Moira.. check online to see if you can see what hours they are open. I remember the Princess we were on had very limited hours. Dylan loved it but it was still limited. It was never open in port, and only like 7-10pm. It was enough for us to go see a show. Those shows he wouldn't have been interested in, unlike the Disney ones. When we were out at sea which was only 1 day or maybe 2, they had some morning hours, afternoon hours and evening. But big gaps in between. Very unlike Disney. Dylan was 5 then and we enjoyed the pools and hottubs with him when on board, so it worked nicely. :) He remembered the clubs and coudln't wait for those on the Disney ship.. but then met Josh and had more fun running around the ship than playing in the clubs. :yay:

After all Disney had, I'm afraid to try out another ship. :blush: But I'll have to, as Jeff has other plans for a few trips. Let us know how RCCL was for you. We are looking at Norwegian Pride of ALoha and Hawaii ships for our hawaiian trip in '08. :)

SallyB said:
After all Disney had, I'm afraid to try out another ship. :blush:
Sally, I am feeling the same way! When Dave and I were discussing the possibility of taking another cruise this year, I put my vote in for Disney. He was the one who even suggested the special Western in July - two stops at Castaway Cay :yay: - but then the next thing I know he tells me he books with RCCL!! I told him I was willing to pitch a tent on the secret veranda for a week :rotfl2: but he decided to try another line! The horror, I know!! :lmao: I am going to look up those hours and see what we are up against. (My)Molly really LOVED the clubs and Elizabeth was always running around with Kaitie and Molly(Tracy's DD), so we are trying to prepare them that this isn't Disney, but Elizabeth is more willing because she is older, so we'll see. I will definitely let you know how it went. On St. Patty's Day :shamrock: I was actually chatting with a man that was on an NCL the week we were on the Magic and he was RAVING about what a great time he and his wife had. :thumbsup2 Granted, his children are adults and didn't go with him, but he did say that all the kids that were there appeared to be having a great time. I asked him about it because that was another line we were looking at. :blush: I have only ever been on a Disney Cruise, so RCCL is going to be up against some stiff competition!! ;) Thanks for the info, Sally! :banana:

SallyB said:
I know it sounds so far off... BUT... I think we could plan it and make it happen!

Who's Game?

Doesn't matter which Disney Cruise it is, as long as we are all on it!

C'mon C'mon C'mon :goodvibes

Hi Sally!! Well we're going in Feb. 08! I know that thats not 3-4 years...but maybe you could make it?? :smooth:

hjensen said:
Hi Sally!! Well we're going in Feb. 08! I know that thats not 3-4 years...but maybe you could make it?? :smooth:

Oh If it weren't for our cruise to Hawaii I would be there!!! :cool1: We are planning a cruise to Hawaii in Spring '08 and it's going to be some land time and some cruise time. So 2 weeks at least. '07 has to be an inexpensive vacation in order to afford the '08 one. lol We joined the DVC so we might just go to the resort down in Florida and enjoy the place and not do parks or anything.. or maybe one park. :banana:

MoiraRD said:
but he decided to try another line!

All in all, a week on a big boat, where people cater to your needs, childcare, with stuff to do, with meals included, is by far a great vacation in itself...
Whoms ship it is, is rated by each person differently..
Disney is in a class by itself for kids & adults, no one can compare to that..

as for Vacation's, mine is mostly to get away from work & to spend time with my family... so having a Kids club that is open all day isn't a problem... I want our son going on Land excurions to see things that most kids don't (or things that took me over 40 yrs to see). The Kids clubs are nice to have when you & the spouse want to see a evening show, or dance by the moonlight, or just stroll on deck....
Vacation is a time to spend with those you love, quality time that just can't happen when we are in our busy working world...

For me, I'd like to try the different cruise lines, to see who has what better than others & price can be a factor too.. there are also boards to meet cruisers for other lines, same as here...

I think in the end.... time away from work with the family is the ingredient for a Great Vacation

SallyB said:
'07 has to be an inexpensive vacation in order to afford the '08 one. lol
Don't forget the Bermuda out of Boston, or NY (No air needed for us)
~~~~~~~~ example for 07 ~~~~~~~~~
7 Night Bermuda (Boston roundtrip)
Departure: 9/17/2006
Cruise Length: 7 Nights
# Passengers: 3
Stateroom Category: EE Oceanview
Current Total: $1,857.00*

Mr508MA said:
All in all, a week on a big boat, where people cater to your needs, childcare, with stuff to do, with meals included, is by far a great vacation in itself...

as for Vacation's, mine is mostly to get away from work & to spend time with my family... so having a Kids club that is open all day isn't a problem... I want our son going on Land excurions to see things that most kids don't (or things that took me over 40 yrs to see). The Kids clubs are nice to have when you & the spouse want to see a evening show, or dance by the moonlight, or just stroll on deck....
Vacation is a time to spend with those you love, quality time that just can't happen when we are in our busy working world...

For me, I'd like to try the different cruise lines, to see who has what better than others & price can be a factor too.. there are also boards to meet cruisers for other lines, same as here...

I think in the end.... time away from work with the family is the ingredient for a Great Vacation

Awwwwwww isn't he sweet? :love:

Mr508MA said:
Don't forget the Bermuda out of Boston, or NY (No air needed for us)
~~~~~~~~ example for 07 ~~~~~~~~~
7 Night Bermuda (Boston roundtrip)
Departure: 9/17/2006
Cruise Length: 7 Nights
# Passengers: 3
Stateroom Category: EE Oceanview
Current Total: $1,857.00*

We're going to do that AND use our points for Disney?

YOU ALL HEARD IT HERE!!!!!! WooooHoooooo!!!!! :rotfl2: :lmao:

Mr508MA said:

Jeff, I don't think that I could have said it any better! :thumbsup2 I agree with you. I don't have any problems with a kid's club that isn't open 24/7 myself. :) If I wanted to stick the kids in a club for the entire cruise, I wouldn't even bother bringing them at that rate!! The vacation is for us all!! :yay: That is the reason that I had booked the Mayan tour for us outside of Disney - Disney only allowed kids age 5+ to go, but Molly is only 4 and I wanted her to experience it with us! Unfortunately we couldn't go because I was ill, but I would never consider leaving her behind because she didn't make the age requirement! :sad2:

Disney is definitely in a class all its own. I keep telling myself that so I don't look for it on another cruise line! Had to do the same thing when we went to DL last year for the first time. You hear so much about which is better - DL or WDW - that I just went without any expectations and I loved it! If you go to DL expecting to find WDW, than you will be sorely disappointed. They are two completely different places and should be enjoyed for what they are! I plan on using that same mindset when we go on our RCCL cruise. I am sure that we will enjoy the cruise as what isn't there to enjoy about a cruise?? You are royalty for a week!! No cooking, cleaning, making beds!! :woohoo: I can hardly wait! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter