• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

February 25, 2006 Western Magic Cruisers!!

All these pictures are INCREDIBLE!!! Jennifer the underwater ones are awesome!!! Heck they all are.. he he I can't wait to get mine developed.. of course with the stingrays.. I was too freaked out to actually get under the water with the Stingrays... so I put the camera under the water and snapped away.. ha ha ha ha :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I can't even imagine what those will look like!

Rick I haven't seen yours yet.. I have to set up an account to see them. I'll do that shortly. :) If you really look through these and take your time.. it's almost like being back on the ship. :) But then you get to the last picture and WHAM! You're home! :rotfl2: Ah well... it's nice reliving the memories :)

SallyB said:
All these pictures are INCREDIBLE!!! Jennifer the underwater ones are awesome!!! Heck they all are.. he he I can't wait to get mine developed.. of course with the stingrays.. I was too freaked out to actually get under the water with the Stingrays... so I put the camera under the water and snapped away.. ha ha ha ha :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I can't even imagine what those will look like!

Rick I haven't seen yours yet.. I have to set up an account to see them. I'll do that shortly. :) If you really look through these and take your time.. it's almost like being back on the ship. :) But then you get to the last picture and WHAM! You're home! :rotfl2: Ah well... it's nice reliving the memories :)

Thanks Sally. I must say that those stingray pictures creep me out a little...

Jennifer and Kim... did you get the DVD from Captain Marvins that day? If not, I can try to copy one for you... if it is copyable. Let me know.

dreamakermom said:
Jennifer and Kim... did you get the DVD from Captain Marvins that day? If not, I can try to copy one for you... if it is copyable. Let me know.

Hi Kim,
I didn't even know that there was a DVD available. I would love to get a copy of it if possible! My DH is the techie in this house, so if you have problems copying he might be able to help.

OK.... I will try to get a copy to you Jennifer. I just got mine today, and you would NOT know about it because you were not there, but you get to see your family on it a few times. Also the video takes you under water where the diver took shots of the fish and the stingrays. It is all put together with some Calypso type music. DON'T let me forget... I am in the middle of a crisis right now and not thinking straight and would LOVE to do this for you, but I am afraid I may forget. PLEASE remind me. Karen

dreamakermom said:
OK.... I will try to get a copy to you Jennifer. I just got mine today, and you would NOT know about it because you were not there, but you get to see your family on it a few times. Also the video takes you under water where the diver took shots of the fish and the stingrays. It is all put together with some Calypso type music. DON'T let me forget... I am in the middle of a crisis right now and not thinking straight and would LOVE to do this for you, but I am afraid I may forget. PLEASE remind me. Karen

Thanks so much Karen. Take your time, I'll remind you in a couple of weeks if I don't hear from you.

Sorry to hear that you're having a crisis right now. Sending you pixiedust: and hoping that everything works out .

feiste said:
What do you usually use for the image size?

it will use what ever the pic size is

for large pics, I do the 1024x768
thumbs 200x200 ish

not sure if thats what you wanted to know

HI Jeff,
Have a question for you- how did your Princess cruise compare to your DCL? We were on the 25th Cruise although I was sick and spent most of my time in my room!! I still really enjoyed cruising ( this was our first cruise). I was thinking of Princess because they have their own island. I looved Castaway Cay!! so, how do they compare- would you do Princess again? Are there other cruise lines that have their own island?
Thanks for your time and hope to hear from you soon,
Louise

Louise-Montreal said:
HI Jeff,
Have a question for you- how did your Princess cruise compare to your DCL?
Louise
I am by far a critic for I have only been on 1 princess & 1 DCL
It's tough for anyone to top the Disney Theme, for that in it's self is in a class of it's own.. Each has there own pluses.... My only drawback on Disney was the food times, no Salad bars & no early coffee.
Princess was a bit more elegant & always had access to food, or Salad bar. Kids activities were good, but Disney had that covered 10 times better.

I have many more cruises to do before I can rate the difference between lines.

When looking at a few others lately, I did notice someone else had a "Cay" island, not sure who it was.

I am sure no matter who you cruise with, you will have fun (as long as sickness stays away) I'd have no problem doing Princess again...

Hope that helps, Jeff

Louise-Montreal said:
HI Jeff,
Have a question for you- how did your Princess cruise compare to your DCL? We were on the 25th Cruise although I was sick and spent most of my time in my room!! I still really enjoyed cruising ( this was our first cruise). I was thinking of Princess because they have their own island. I looved Castaway Cay!! so, how do they compare- would you do Princess again? Are there other cruise lines that have their own island?
Thanks for your time and hope to hear from you soon,
Louise

Hi Louise,
Ilene and I have been on RCCL twice (no kids) and Disney three times now (with kids). If you are going sans children, then I would give RCCL a try. They do have their own islands (Cococay in the Bahamas and Labadee in Hati) that some of their trips call on. Their Voyager-class ships are wonderful!

I recorded a show on the Travel channel 2 nights ago and it was all about the Disney cruise line. Great show. They've been having shows on Hawaii and the Caribbean and had a really good show on Cruises in general. I recorded them all.. ha ha Good info! They play all month so some of you may want to check them out :cool1:

This IS Captain Marvin, Who is that other guy anyway? He must have jumped in there at the last minute.

WebDSCF1130.jpg

kshabare said:
This IS Captain Marvin, Who is that other guy anyway? He must have jumped in there at the last minute.

WebDSCF1130.jpg

That other guy looks like he might have some crazy tattoo....

I am not sure, but I recall seeing him at a few other islands...
maybe even on ship...

but you know he kinda ressembles MAX

max.jpg

kshabare said:
WebDSCF1130.jpg

feiste said:
That other guy looks like he might have some crazy tattoo....

As long as it isn't some stinkin Yankee tattoo!!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :lmao:

PS I am such a huge Yankee fan... that really WAS a joke, so I don't want any remarks from here on!!!!! :rotfl2:

As a matter of fact he does have a tattoo. And Yes it is a Yankees tattoo. I heard he is a great guy.
And yes Jeff he does look a little like Max but better looking :rotfl2:

Norm

Mystery at Sea!

Read late-breaking news, decipher the clues, and see if you can solve the mystery surrounding the curious whereabouts of the Disney Magic® before our exciting new itinerary is announced on March 21, 2006.

Got to admit, it is time to add some ships to the fleet
Disney has 2 ships... others have 10 - 20 ships

CARNIVAL CORPORATION & PLC website
Carnival Cruise Line (Miami, FL)
Celebration, 1,486 pax
Destiny, 2,642 pax
Ecstasy, 2,040 pax (Chartered to the Military Sealift Command for six months as part of Hurricane Katrina relief efforts. After a refurbishments the ship will resume cruises in April 2006)
Elation, 2.040 pax
Fantasy, 2,044 pax
Fascination, 2040 pax
Holiday, 1,452 pax (Chartered to the Military Sealift Command for six months as part of Hurricane Katrina relief efforts. After a refurbishments the ship will resume cruises in March 2006)
Imagination, 2,040 pax
Inspiration, 2,040 pax
Paradise, 2,040 pax
Sensation, 2,040 pax (Chartered to the Military Sealift Command for six months as part of Hurricane Katrina relief efforts. After a refurbishments the ship will resume cruises in March 2006)
Triumph, 2,758 pax
Victory 2,758 pax
Spirit, 2,124 pax
Pride, 2,124 pax
Carnival Legend, 2,124 pax
Carnival Conquest, 2,974 pax
Carnival Glory, 2,974 pax (Photo by Jack White)
Carnival Miracle, 2,124 / 2,680 pax
Carnival Valor, 2,974 pax
Carnival Liberty, 2,974

Holland America Line (Seattle, WA) website
Maasdam, 1266 pax
Rotterdam, 1,316 pax
Ryndam, 1,266 pax
Statendam, 1,266 pax
Veendam, 1,266 pax
Volendam, 1,440 pax
Zaandam,1,440 pax
Amsterdam, 1,380 pax
Prinsendam, 794 pax (Formerly the Royal Viking Sun, the Seabourn Sun) (Prinsendam: photo credit Andy Newman/Holland America Line)
Zuiderdam, 1,848 pax
Oosterdam, 1,848 pax
Westerdam, 1,848 pax
Noordam, 1,848 pax

Princess Cruises (London, UK and Los Angeles, CA) website
Regal Princess, 1,590 pax (She will move to P&O Cruises Australia in late 2007, replacing Pacific Sky, which has been sold to Pullmantur Cruises of Spain. The Regal Princess will be renamed Pacific Dawn)
Dawn Princess, 2,000 pax
Grand Princess, 2,590 pax
Sun Princess, 2,020 pax
Golden Princess, 2,600 pax (Photo courtesy Francisco Camino)
Star Princess, 2,600 pax
Coral Princess, 1,970 pax
Island Princess, 1,970 pax
Diamond Princess, 2,670 pax
Caribbean Princess, 3,110
Sapphire Princess, 2,670 pax
Sea Princess, 1,950 / 2,010 pax (Ex Sea Princess, ex P&O Adonia)

DISNEY CRUISE LINE (Celebration, FL) website
Disney Magic, 1,750 pax
Disney Wonder, 1,750 pax

RENAISSANCE CRUISES (Ft. Lauderdale, FL) (Out of business - Eight Renaissance ships have been sold to the venture company Cruise Invest Management)
R1 (RClass ship), 684 pax (Chartered to Oceana Cruises and renamed Insignia)
R2 (RClass ship), 684 pax (Chartered to Oceana Cruises and renamed Regatta)
R3 (RClass ship), 684 pax (Chartered to P&O Princess and renamed Pacific Princess)
R4 (RClass ship), 684 pax (Chartered to P&O Princess and renamed Tahitian Princess)
R5 (RClass ship), 684 pax (Sold to Oceania Cruises and renamed Nautica)
R6 (RClass ship), 684 pax (Chartered to Spanish operator Pullmantur)
R7 (RClass ship), 684 pax (She went to Delphin Kreuzfahrten to become Delphin Renaissance. Currently Pullmantur Cruises' Blue Moon)
R8 (RClass ship), 684 pax (Leased for seven years to Swan Hellenic. She will be renamed Minerva II)
Renaissance VII, 114 pax (Sold to Mauritius Island Cruises)
Renaissance VIII, 114 pax (Sold to Mauritius Island Cruises)

ROYAL CARIBBEAN CRUISES website
Celebrity Cruises (Miami, FL)
Century, 1,740 pax (The line has signed with Fincantieri in Palermo, Italy, to handle a significant revitalization of the ship in May 2006)
Galaxy, 1,840 pax
Mercury, 1,740 pax
Zenith, 1,374 pax
Millennium, 1,950 pax
Celebrity Infinity, 1,950 pax
Celebrity Summit , 1,950 pax
Celebrity Constellation, 1,950 pax
Royal Caribbean International (Miami, FL)
Grandeur of the Seas, 1,950 pax
Legend of the Seas, 1,808 pax
Majesty of the Seas, 2,354 pax
Monarch of the Seas, 2,354 pax
Empress of the Seas, 1,602 pax (Former Nordic Empress)
Rhapsody of the Seas, 2,000 pax
Sovereign of the Seas, 2,276 pax
Splendour of the Seas, 1,808 pax
Vision of the Seas, 2,000 pax
Enchantment of the Seas (Enchantment of the Seas before the addition of a new 73-foot midsection)
Voyager of the Seas, 3,114 pax
Explorer of the Seas, 3,840 pax
Radiance of the Seas, 2,100 pax
Adventure of the Seas, 3,138 / 3,840 pax
Brilliance of the Seas, 2,400 pax
Navigator of the Seas, 3,138 pax
Serenade of the Seas, 2,490 pax
Mariner of the Seas, 3,138 / 3,807 pax
Jewel of the Seas, 2,110

NCL Corp. (it contains the NCL, NCL America and Orient Lines brands)
Norwegian Cruise Line (Miami, FL)
Norwegian Spirit, 2,800 pax (Ex SuperStar Leo)
Norwegian Sun
Norwegian Majesty, 1,462 (Former Royal Majesty)
Norwegian Dream, 1,750 pax (Former Dreamward)
Norwegian Wind, 1,750 pax
Norway, 2,022 pax (Out of service. Currently moored off Port Klang, Malaysia)
Norwegian Star, 2240 pax
Norwegian Dawn, 2,224
Norwegian Crown, 1,025 pax (Formerly the Crown Odyssey)
Norwegian Jewel, 2,224 pax
S/S United States (NCL intends to convert the vessel to a modern cruise ship)
NCL America
Pride of America, 2000 (Ex Project America ship 1)
Pride of Aloha (Formerly the Norwegian Sky)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter